Chicago sends Smollett a bill for $130k

I spent my life believing the issues like the United Negro College Fund's ...A mind is a terrible thing to waste. For justice. What we have for it is games. People who are white males have paid the price of job denial for affirmative action and quotas. So we get this. For decades now. I expected African American me and women to be at the forefront of being scientists with breakthroughs of a better life for all and science accomplishments. And great business people nationally applauded . And great industrialists creating millions of jobs. And even more then that great tech leaders doing the same. For being denied a job by ability in the 1970's and part of the 1980's I have been snookered. China is building naval destroyers at a couple hundred million dollars a copy now while we are going to build a slightly better destroyer designed in the 1980's for 2 billion a copy. Figure it out.

So it's Jussie's fault China is building destroyers in an era where destroyers don't really matter that much?

The thing is, even with Affirmative Action, white males still have it pretty good in this country. Do you know how I know this?

The one thing that changed me from being a pretty conservative guy to a pretty liberal one is when I started encountering age and medical discrimination. Up until that point, in my late 40's, I had it pretty good as a white, straight male.

Now, imagine if I had encountered systematic discrimination pretty much since birth. I'd probably feel a lot different about it.

Ok there admiral twat-waddle.

Destroyers matter when they are far superior than the ships of some of our allies in the area.

And those pesky submarines still are a threat to even the largest combatant.

Um. smollett ain't OJ. and the current stink of the whole case makes a jury poll far less sympathetic towards someone trying to game the system.

The only stink is how the Machine in this city covered up for Jason van Dyke. So the jury pool would think, "M.F van Dyke got 3 years for shooting a kid in the back 16 times, and they want to throw this brother in jail for beating himself up?"

Rumor floating around Chicago Talk Radio today that there was some misconduct on the part of the police (shocker) in this case, which is why Kim Foxx folded as quickly as she did.

Destroyers matter when they are far superior than the ships of some of our allies in the area.

When was the last time major warships shot at each other? Oh, that's right. They haven't since Vietnam.

If our allies are worried, have them buy their own fucking destroyers.

Um. smollett ain't OJ. and the current stink of the whole case makes a jury poll far less sympathetic towards someone trying to game the system.

The only stink is how the Machine in this city covered up for Jason van Dyke. So the jury pool would think, "M.F van Dyke got 3 years for shooting a kid in the back 16 times, and they want to throw this brother in jail for beating himself up?"

Rumor floating around Chicago Talk Radio today that there was some misconduct on the part of the police (shocker) in this case, which is why Kim Foxx folded as quickly as she did.

Nah, it's because progressive butt buddies take care of each other, it's just never been this much in the open for so much of a C celebrity.

I guess he wins the intersectionality sweepstakes.

Yes, blame the cops for the "snitches get stitches" community mindset....

Oh, no.

I blame the cops for the Van Dyke Coverup....

I blame the cops for John Burge torturing confessions out of people for crimes they didn't do.

I blame Ronald Watts for planting drugs on people and sending them to jail.

You keep bringing up other shit to not have to debate supporting a lying twat.

Anything to not blame people you patronizingly suck up to.

If it was a federal case, it wouldn't be held in Chicago. Mailing white powder is a terrorist action and Mr. Smollett would be held at Gitmo and tried by a military tribunal

When was the last time major warships shot at each other? Oh, that's right. They haven't since Vietnam.

If our allies are worried, have them buy their own fucking destroyers.

Maybe because there hasn't been a need for major naval combat?

Of course if it does happen and we don't have the right ships, I'm sure you will blame government for not being on top of it.

You miserable old fuck.

But he served community service and paid a $10,000 fine.

Which is probably as good as you guys are going to get.

Why are you glad he got away with a hoax?
....don't be fooled----blacks LOVE putting one over on whitey/getting away with murdering whites [ OJ ] etc
..they don't want equality/justice--they want revenge
this is one of the reasons why their race is a failure
Sub-Sahara Periscope

You mean Somalia, Ruanda, Uganda, and Zimbabwe aren't futuristic paradises?

You guys? What about the hundreds of blacks killed they were investigating and he took away from their murder cases?? Do you hate blacks that much?

There are 14,000 cops on the CPD. Probably less than 10 were involved in this case.

Hundreds? Hysterical much?

Then how do you explain the fact that he is getting sued by Chicago?

Rahm Emmanuel trying to save face? I doubt they have much of a case, given a determination was never made by a court that there was a hoax.

Rahm's gone after next week, and whoever replaces him will not pursue this nonsense any further.

Why don’t you want someone to pay for breaking the law?

Seems so weird.

He paid $10K and did 16 hours of community service. Done.

Jason van Dyke shot a kid 16 times in the back after a long career of abusing people of color...... and he only got 6 years, will probably be out in three.

Perspective.. everything is in perspective.

Of course if it does happen and we don't have the right ships, I'm sure you will blame government for not being on top of it.

You miserable old fuck.

Naw, I'll blame them for getting into fights on the other side of the world that have nothing to do with us, while we have kid who go to bed hungry here.

Yes, blame the cops for the "snitches get stitches" community mindset....

Oh, no.

I blame the cops for the Van Dyke Coverup....

I blame the cops for John Burge torturing confessions out of people for crimes they didn't do.

I blame Ronald Watts for planting drugs on people and sending them to jail.

There was no Van Dyke "coverup", the men accused were found as innocent as newborn babes.

But police shootings are VERY RARELY murders. Police officers are required to carry firearms, and are responsible to determine who needs to be shot and to perform that duty when necessary. They should only be prosecuted when there is truly malice- like in the cases of Caracappa and Eppolito. If its just a mistake, they should write him up, give the police officer a written reprimand or fire his lazy ass from the police force. But mistakes aren't "malice" and shooting people is just part of the job.

Why are you glad he got away with a hoax?

Because it's making Right Wing heads explode. Probably the same reason you are glad Trump go away with Russian Collusion.

Doesn’t it bother you he did a disservice to Blacks, gays, and all legitimate hate crime victims.

No, not really. I'll tell you what bothers me. What bothers me is the corrupt ass Chicago PD was actually forced to do their jobs ONCE because a celebrity was involved. In 2017, only 17% of murders were resolved in Chicago, because for a variety of reason, the CPD doesn't care or has such a bad relationship with the community they can't get people to come forward.

Chicago police have solved fewer than 1 in 6 homicides in 2018: report
I spent my life believing the issues like the United Negro College Fund's ...A mind is a terrible thing to waste. For justice. What we have for it is games. People who are white males have paid the price of job denial for affirmative action and quotas. So we get this. For decades now. I expected African American me and women to be at the forefront of being scientists with breakthroughs of a better life for all and science accomplishments. And great business people nationally applauded . And great industrialists creating millions of jobs. And even more then that great tech leaders doing the same. For being denied a job by ability in the 1970's and part of the 1980's I have been snookered. China is building naval destroyers at a couple hundred million dollars a copy now while we are going to build a slightly better destroyer designed in the 1980's for 2 billion a copy. Figure it out.
Little BO Peep Has Lost His Sheep

The $20 trillion we've been forced to dump into the ghetto gutter is the reason the USA is lagging far behind what we were headed for before the rulers' feralphilia stopped us cold. We can't afford to lose our way ever again.

You guys? What about the hundreds of blacks killed they were investigating and he took away from their murder cases?? Do you hate blacks that much?

There are 14,000 cops on the CPD. Probably less than 10 were involved in this case.

Hundreds? Hysterical much?

Then how do you explain the fact that he is getting sued by Chicago?

Rahm Emmanuel trying to save face? I doubt they have much of a case, given a determination was never made by a court that there was a hoax.

Rahm's gone after next week, and whoever replaces him will not pursue this nonsense any further.

Why don’t you want someone to pay for breaking the law?

Seems so weird.

He paid $10K and did 16 hours of community service. Done.

Jason van Dyke shot a kid 16 times in the back after a long career of abusing people of color...... and he only got 6 years, will probably be out in three.

Perspective.. everything is in perspective.

If Mr. Van Dyke had a bad record of shooting people that shouldn't be shot, he should have been terminated. But shooting people is part of the job. We don't send fry cooks to prison for improper frying.

Nah, it's because progressive butt buddies take care of each other, it's just never been this much in the open for so much of a C celebrity.

Or she realized that she couldn't win a case with a jury pool ready to stick it in the eye of the machine. THis would be a great case for nullification, because no real consequences. Why take the chance.

Again, rumor floating around today is that there was some police misconduct in the investigation, which is why Foxx folded so quickly.

If Mr. Van Dyke had a bad record of shooting people that shouldn't be shot, he should have been terminated. But shooting people is part of the job. We don't send fry cooks to prison for improper frying.

Okay, full disclosure, my brother and his wife are friends with Van Dyke's family, so I want to tread careful here.

Van Dyke had 20 violations and complaints in his folder for excessive force, including an incident where he dislocated the shoulder of a suspect and the city had to pay out $375K to settle it. In this case, he shot a kid 16 times, most of them after he was already down and half of them in his back. The system gave him the "Bare minimum to avoid a riot".

I agree, Officer van Dyke SHOULD have been terminated, long before he was out in that patrol. INstead, they put this loose cannon on an anti-crime unit and got exactly the expected result.

You miserable old fuck.

Naw, I'll blame them for getting into fights on the other side of the world that have nothing to do with us, while we have kid who go to bed hungry here.

Blah blah blah, government can only do one thing at a time when I need it as a useless talking point, blah blah blah

Or she realized that she couldn't win a case with a jury pool ready to stick it in the eye of the machine. THis would be a great case for nullification, because no real consequences. Why take the chance.

Again, rumor floating around today is that there was some police misconduct in the investigation, which is why Foxx folded so quickly.

You still try the case, or try to plea it out. you don't drop it.

Foxx folded because she was convinced to, or she was paid to. Simple as that.

Okay, full disclosure, my brother and his wife are friends with Van Dyke's family, so I want to tread careful here.

Van Dyke had 20 violations and complaints in his folder for excessive force, including an incident where he dislocated the shoulder of a suspect and the city had to pay out $375K to settle it. In this case, he shot a kid 16 times, most of them after he was already down and half of them in his back. The system gave him the "Bare minimum to avoid a riot".

I agree, Officer van Dyke SHOULD have been terminated, long before he was out in that patrol. INstead, they put this loose cannon on an anti-crime unit and got exactly the expected result.

Bullshit. you are too much of a miserable lying fuck to be trusted about anything.

This is new low for you, and you are one of the lowest pond scum sucking posters on this board.

There was no Van Dyke "coverup", the men accused were found as innocent as newborn babes.

But police shootings are VERY RARELY murders. Police officers are required to carry firearms, and are responsible to determine who needs to be shot and to perform that duty when necessary. They should only be prosecuted when there is truly malice- like in the cases of Caracappa and Eppolito. If its just a mistake, they should write him up, give the police officer a written reprimand or fire his lazy ass from the police force. But mistakes aren't "malice" and shooting people is just part of the job.

Thanks for illustrating the problem. Shooting people is NOT part of the job. They are to protect the people, not shoot them.

And, yes, there was a coverup. That the judge decided to ignore it is part of the problem. People are still angry about it, which is why Foxx didn't want to try "Smollett vs. the CPD".

Forum List

Back