Chicago School Teachers issue 10-day strike notice

It looks like pretty much all of USMB is in agreement - the Chicago school system is so atrocious, the children are better off without these greedy teachers... :lol:

Wisdom is not truth

Stop channelling truthie, we only need of them around.

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Many of these teachers are failing to educate our youth, but yet they want more??? How about more if you prove yourself to be effective??? O'boy that's a concept.

Use common sense.

The teachers aren't the thugs in the school. Most on this forum wouldn't go into those areas with Patton's army.

We all know what makes a 'bad school'. It's just politically incorrect to say so.

Those teachers deserve hazard pay and free suits of armor and we all (deep down inside) know it.

I love how so many on this forum think schools like that are full of kids that beg the teachers every morning to enlighten them with knowledge and that...

..'bad' schools are full of kids demanding recess time be changed to study time and any social time needs to be dropped for theme writing.... yeah, right..

I'm sure there may be one-half of one percent like that...if that many.

In those areas, I guarantee there are more teachers leaving the school in the afternoon with tear-filled eyes than students.

Last edited:
Many of these teachers are failing to educate our youth, but yet they want more??? How about more if you prove yourself to be effective??? O'boy that's a concept.

Use common sense.

The teachers aren't the thugs in the school. Most on this forum wouldn't go into those areas with Patton's army.

We all know what makes a 'bad school'. It's just politically incorrect to say so.

Those teachers deserve hazard pay and free suits of armor and we all (deep down inside) know it.

I love how so many on this forum think schools like that are full of kids that beg the teachers every morning to enlighten them with knowledge and that...

..'bad' schools are full of kids demanding recess time be changed to study time and any social time needs to be dropped for theme writing.... yeah, right..

I'm sure there may be one-half of one percent like that...if that many.

In those areas, I guarantee there are more teachers leaving the school in the afternoon with tear-filled eyes than students.

and it's not just the "bad schools" that have students that could care less about learning and have violence. Even schools in affluent areas are not exempt.

Teachers have way less control over outcomes than most will admit.

Teachers should teach for free right? Yes Chicago teachers teach for free. The GOP mindset. Teachers are the scruge of society.

They have done such a good job, of course they should be given a raise and the thugs be forced to pay for the raise too!

Oh, surely the inmates have taken over the asylum.

Forum List

Back