Chicago pastor asks man in drag to leave church, "go put on man clothes"...my kind of guy!

Is that what you think Jesus would have done? Kicked somebody out of his house because of appearance alone? Wow, talk about perversion of the Word. The pastor should be ashamed unless there’s more to this story, which wouldn’t surprise me
Jesus is an standard impossible to live up to, that’s the reason for grace...
So what do you think he would have done if a man dressed as a woman entered his house seeking his love and guidance?

How would he want his followers to respond?
------------------------------------------- i'd make him stand at the door and tell him to be normal and to dress properly and then come back to see me if he doesn't hang himself first . Course , i ain't Jesus Slade .

i wouldn't want my 4 - 5 year old son seeing the wierdo being treated like any normal Churchgoer .

Is that what you think Jesus would have done? Kicked somebody out of his house because of appearance alone? Wow, talk about perversion of the Word. The pastor should be ashamed unless there’s more to this story, which wouldn’t surprise me
So what do you think he would have done if a man dressed as a woman entered his house seeking his love and guidance?

Not make a mockery out of the church... Unrepentant people do not take much of anything seriously.
The pastor is right in telling him to come back when he is serious, and civil to those who already go to church there.
Did you intentionally not answer my question because you dont like the answer? I didn’t ask what Jesus wouldn’t do... come on, grow up and have a straight forward debate for once. Stop with the tangents.

It's not that it's the pastor's church. Pastors don't generally "own" churches, per se; they work for them.

Christians should accept and associate with others, as Jesus did, of course.

That doesn't mean, however, that the Lord's kingdom can no longer be a sanctuary without which reside the "dogs and sorcerers and fornicators and murderers and idolators, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood." (Rv 22:15)

When "worldly" elements are inside, then the inside becomes like the outside, and the distinction is blurred. No more church.

------------------------------------------- i'd make him stand at the door and tell him to be normal and to dress properly and then come back to see me if he doesn't hang himself first . Course , i ain't Jesus Slade .
Ok, but based on your understanding of Jesus and his teachings how do you think Jesus would want this situation handled? How do you think he would of handled it?

One of the comments from the OP's link............................

donnakayejohnson
Good for him. God says women are not to dress as a man nor man to dress as a woman. It's an abomination to the Lord. By the way I paraphrased it

So, apparently, according to this poster, men should dress as men, and women should dress as women. Does that mean that women who wear pants suits to church should be kicked out as well?
No, don't be intentionally stupid.

What happened to "come as you are?"

Have you seen what priests wear? Does that really come off as masculine to you?

Probably would have ushered him out the door or taken him to a private room or out on the Church steps and talked to him and asked him his purpose and told him that his get up was not acceptable Slade . [depends on the circumstances but Jesus was no wuss] He stood up to Pharisees , he woulda or coulda stood up to one pervert Slade .

O
I think the pastor was wrong. It's not his business what sexual gender the person is or was, it is that the person's spirit was in the church, isn't that what Christianity is about??

If this was a prank then its understandable.
View attachment 228921
What were they?
For one, Obama. Since he wanted everyone to accept men in girls locker rooms.
Huh? You wanna try that one again?

You posted that transgenders want to be accepted but they couldn’t accept what they were... what were they?

Not make a mockery out of the church... Unrepentant people do not take much of anything seriously.
The pastor is right in telling him to come back when he is serious, and civil to those who already go to church there.

It's not the pastors job to judge and decide if someone is serious or not. Only God can do that. As long as he does not disrupt service he should be allowed to stay in whatever he showed up in, as long as it wasn't indecent exposure.

And I can't respect a pastor for judging me when seemingly half of them are accused of child molestation.

What happened to "come as you are?"

Have you seen what priests wear? Does that really come off as masculine to you?
-----------------------------traditional is the answer . traditional Priest wear , not especially masculine or practical but certainly not feminine AMech .

The preacher of that church is my kind of man.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
Don't you God bless me, I do not need or want your blessing. Its people like you who give Christianity a bad name. Another crazy Evangelical Pastor.
For the record, my previous message in this chat was not to any one person which is why your writing to me here in such a way is a mystery in my opinion. You make it sound like my previous message was to you directly when it actually wasn't.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. One more thing, if you have no intention of changing your way of being, why demand such a thing from anyone else?

donnakayejohnson
Good for him. God says women are not to dress as a man nor man to dress as a woman. It's an abomination to the Lord. By the way I paraphrased it

So, apparently, according to this poster, men should dress as men, and women should dress as women. Does that mean that women who wear pants suits to church should be kicked out as well?
Didn’t Jesus and his disciples have long hair and wear dresses?

Yea and they were black

donnakayejohnson

Yes, women should always be either nude, or in very short mini-skirts, and very low cut blouses, and of course no bras.

Forum List

Back