.Chicago Ordered to Hire 111 Black Firefighters

• Banned
I think thats what they have the tests for....

Do you think they will hire who is the blackest first?

If a Chicago family dies in a fire because the responders are too incompetent, who pays the price?

Answer:

The dead family.

Welcome to America. Diversity is Our Greatest Strength. All Hail Obama.

• Banned
People are being givin jobs based solely on the color of their skin, this is happens in every industry in America.

Is this the American way?

• Banned
We all have different reasons to why blacks do so poorly in these situations, but I know that just giving firefighter jobs to people just because of the color of their skin is unAmerican.

What does this teach the black children in schools about taking tests?

Gregory Boggs, president of the African-American Firefighters and Paramedics League of Chicago, said that Friday’s decision was a victory, but that black firefighters still made up about only 18 percent of the force

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/14/us/14chicago.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss

Just how black do they have to be? 70%? 80%? 90%? 100%?

It would seriously be funny if a white man applied and said "I'm black. Prove I'm not." Then watch 'em stumble around.

If those firefighters can save lives, bravo to Chicago.

The problem now is they HAVE to hire a set number irregardless of ability to preform the job. You don't see a problem with that?

I hate that fact. Companies and corporations are required to hire a certain numer of people based on their race. I have lost out on jobs because of that. If America means equal opportunity then everyone should be judged based on their skill not their skin.

The problem now is they HAVE to hire a set number irregardless of ability to preform the job. You don't see a problem with that?

I hate that fact. Companies and corporations are required to hire a certain numer of people based on their race. I have lost out on jobs because of that. If America means equal opportunity then everyone should be judged based on their skill not their skin.

I have lost out on jobs because of 'affirmative action' as well.

Its time to start hiring people based on their merit, not their skin color. This affirmative action is going crazy, I want the best fire fighters to get these jobs I don't give a fuck what color they are.

I have lost out on jobs because of 'affirmative action' as well.

I am sorry to hear that, it really shouldn't be that way.

Well, I know HR hirers who tell people that....it beats looking the bad guy and or having to tell the applicant they suck.

Forum List

Back