.Chicago Ordered to Hire 111 Black Firefighters

I don't know how this helps black folks, It's embarrassing.

The problem now is they HAVE to hire a set number irregardless of ability to preform the job. You don't see a problem with that?

I hate that fact. Companies and corporations are required to hire a certain numer of people based on their race. I have lost out on jobs because of that. If America means equal opportunity then everyone should be judged based on their skill not their skin.

Well, I know HR hirers who tell people that....it beats looking the bad guy and or having to tell the applicant they suck.

People need thicker skins. It sucks to tell someone they suck and they can't have the job. But thats a part of life. If we all kept tip toeing around people because of the race or ability, no one would ever get anything done. At least not as well as it could have been.

Also I would rather someone tell me I didn't get the job because of my ability than my race. Ability is something I can change and improve, but race isn't. It's not helpful feedback at all.

The Democrats have built in an excuse if someone that is not white does not get the job. It is called racism. No evidence, no facts, no proof needed. If you are not white and do not get hired simply claim it was because you are not white.

Back to this specific example. Firefighters have a very grueling job with strength and health requirements built in, as well as education and mental capability. All are tested for. UNLESS the Courts can show a test or series of tests are biased in some way all the Court is saying is we do not care about this communities safety or its needs. All we care about is how many people of color hold a job. And they do not have to be qualified to hold it.

Same with police and medical emergency people. Tests are not there to prevent qualified people from serving, they are there to ensure the person hired meets the qualifications. And unless a Court can show that the test or tests used to judge that qualification is biased they have no business dictating who can and can not be hired to these positions.

So the 1st question would be... Was a legal finding made that the qualification test or tests were biased? If the answer is yes, then fix the tests and start hiring again. If the answer is no then no blanket commandment to hire x number of people of a certain color or race is acceptable.

Anyone know in this case if this question was even asked?

The life of a child in a burning house is more important than making negroes feel good by giving them jobs they're not qualified for.

The politicians in Chicago believe the life of a White baby is less important than a negroe's self-esteem.

And they insist AA isn't racist...

AA and EEO and the like have served the original purpose and have now gone beyond usefulness. Senator Webb wrote an op-ed a few months ago calling for the end to these policies. There are agencies that have to hire contractors to accomplish work that their government employees are not qualified to do. When public safety and health are concerned, the people suffer.

It works the other way too. The principal of the school where I teach is a black woman. One might think that she got the job only to fill a quota. In reality though, she has two master's degrees and is working on a doctorate.

Forum List

Back