Chicago Collapse: Democrats Destroy Another Once Great City...

DOZENS SHOT OVER MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND AS THE COLLAPSE OF CHICAGO ACCELERATES

Chaos and violence threaten to spiral out of control in America’s third largest city, and nobody seems to have any idea how to solve the problem.

After decades of control by the radical left, many parts of the “Windy City” have become rotting, decaying, gang-infested hellholes. Just like Detroit, the city of Chicago is rapidly becoming a joke to the rest of the world, but a horribly corrupt political culture likely stands in the way of any type of major reform any time soon.

And just like much of the rest of the nation, a spirit of violence and civil unrest is rising in Chicago. So far this year, the number of shootings in Chicago is up 50 percent compared to the same time period last year, and that was before we even got to Memorial Day weekend. As of Sunday morning, at least 40 people had already been shot, and authorities were bracing for even more violence as the holiday weekend stretched on…

The cries to fix what is wrong with Chicago are becoming increasingly desperate, but at this point the city is drowning in debt and is pretty much flat broke.

So the options for doing anything about this growing crisis are quite limited...

Read More:
Dozens Shot Over Memorial Day Weekend As The Collapse Of Chicago Accelerates
The problem in Chicago and most of the problems in the USA are not the fault of the Democrats alone or Republicans alone

You don't say? Then who the fuck is running the cities?

I see the trolls are infecting this topic as well. Democrats have been in charge of Chicago for a long time. Every democrat city is in chaos.

How long have the worst cities in the US been under DEMOCRAT control?

Oakland - 33 years
Chicago - 79 years
Philadelphia - 58 years
Baltimore - 43 years
Newark - 82 years

No one can prove Democrats 'destroyed' Chicago.

Yea, just because they run the city and always have. There hasn't been any conservative influence in Chicago for decades. Liberals own it just like they own Detroit and virtually every high crime city. Look up the government statistics and see for yourself.

Ahem, I have a few questions and statements put forth in no particular order------------>

1. I live in Indiana not more than 15 mls outside Chicago. I have a birds eye view of what is going on as I know people who live there, work there, and most all of them want to get the hell out of there, but I digress.

2. Chicago is going to collapse and file bankruptcy unless Illinois can bail them out. That can't happen, unless the Feds bail Illinois out. As with Detroit, the problem with both city and state budgets are pension liabilities.

So then, as a side note, do we all KNOW that teachers pay something into their retirement fund? You know that, good! Now then, do you know that the money they pay in is actually helping to support teachers that are already retired. You knew that, good! Now then, do you know that much of the amount the feds give to a state for education, depends upon how many students, and student hours there are in an area, then per school, etc. You knew that, good!

So then, if you knew all of the stuff I stated in my last paragraph, can you now understand WHY large municipalities fight like dogs to STOP school vouchers! Let me help you a little-) School vouchers= less students and student hours=less teachers for union dues=also less teachers to pay into retirement fund=state has to put back money it borrowed from teachers retirement fund, or teachers lose part of retirement instantly, or state must float bonds to cover, with AWFUL credit ratings.

So you see, this whole debate about vouchers has NOTHING to do with the children, and is all about LIBERAL POLITICS, and covering up how bad the pooch is screwed, and screwed by them no less. NOTICE: they will throw kids under the bus, before they throw themselves.

3. If I am NOT mistaken, no state can file bankruptcy, it is against the law. Cities, counties, and municipalities can, but not states. People and businesses, are fleeing Chicago and Illinois because of the tax rates. (check it out if you do not believe me) Now for the good part-------->most of the people and businesses are relocating one state away in the direction of states that are controlled by Republicans. (don't believe that either, check it out)

4. So some people would say----------> Hey, Illinois loves far left liberals, let them suffer! Let me tune you in to something------------> In Presidential elections, in governor elections, in senate elections, every county...........let me spell that for you E-V-E-R-Y C-O-U-N-T-Y in Illinois usually votes for the republican, except one; and that would be the charming and delightful county of Cook which is the county Chicago resides in. So in essence, the liberals of CHICAGO are not only going to bring down their city, they are going to bring down the state of Illinois right along with it! So this thread should rather say, Chicago liberals are about to bring Illinois to its knees!

5. And so, we know that pensions are bringing both Chicago, and Illinois to its knees. So how do LIBERALS handle the situation? Chicago teachers rally in Loop to cap day of protests Yep, all about the kids, isn't it, lol.

6. In closing, let me repeat, CHICAGO is going under. When? Within 2 years tops, unless someone bails them out. Just like Detroit, it has been controlled by the left, and this is what leftward policies do when in enacted for extended periods of time. This is what they will do to the country also, because the only way they can get people to vote for them is BRIBE them with goodies, just like Chicago and Detroit did, and now it all comes home to roost!

I walked my dog along the lake front yesterday and I'm going to walk her again in the next few minutes. Seemed pretty nice to me.

I see the trolls are infecting this topic as well. Democrats have been in charge of Chicago for a long time. Every democrat city is in chaos.

Oakland - 33 years
Chicago - 79 years
Philadelphia - 58 years
Baltimore - 43 tears
Newark - 82 years

Yea, just because they run the city and always have. There hasn't been any conservative influence in Chicago for decades. Liberals own it just like they own Detroit and virtually every high crime city. Look up the government statistics and see for yourself.

Ahem, I have a few questions and statements put forth in no particular order------------>

1. I live in Indiana not more than 15 mls outside Chicago. I have a birds eye view of what is going on as I know people who live there, work there, and most all of them want to get the hell out of there, but I digress.

2. Chicago is going to collapse and file bankruptcy unless Illinois can bail them out. That can't happen, unless the Feds bail Illinois out. As with Detroit, the problem with both city and state budgets are pension liabilities.

So then, as a side note, do we all KNOW that teachers pay something into their retirement fund? You know that, good! Now then, do you know that the money they pay in is actually helping to support teachers that are already retired. You knew that, good! Now then, do you know that much of the amount the feds give to a state for education, depends upon how many students, and student hours there are in an area, then per school, etc. You knew that, good!

So then, if you knew all of the stuff I stated in my last paragraph, can you now understand WHY large municipalities fight like dogs to STOP school vouchers! Let me help you a little-) School vouchers= less students and student hours=less teachers for union dues=also less teachers to pay into retirement fund=state has to put back money it borrowed from teachers retirement fund, or teachers lose part of retirement instantly, or state must float bonds to cover, with AWFUL credit ratings.

So you see, this whole debate about vouchers has NOTHING to do with the children, and is all about LIBERAL POLITICS, and covering up how bad the pooch is screwed, and screwed by them no less. NOTICE: they will throw kids under the bus, before they throw themselves.

3. If I am NOT mistaken, no state can file bankruptcy, it is against the law. Cities, counties, and municipalities can, but not states. People and businesses, are fleeing Chicago and Illinois because of the tax rates. (check it out if you do not believe me) Now for the good part-------->most of the people and businesses are relocating one state away in the direction of states that are controlled by Republicans. (don't believe that either, check it out)

4. So some people would say----------> Hey, Illinois loves far left liberals, let them suffer! Let me tune you in to something------------> In Presidential elections, in governor elections, in senate elections, every county...........let me spell that for you E-V-E-R-Y C-O-U-N-T-Y in Illinois usually votes for the republican, except one; and that would be the charming and delightful county of Cook which is the county Chicago resides in. So in essence, the liberals of CHICAGO are not only going to bring down their city, they are going to bring down the state of Illinois right along with it! So this thread should rather say, Chicago liberals are about to bring Illinois to its knees!

5. And so, we know that pensions are bringing both Chicago, and Illinois to its knees. So how do LIBERALS handle the situation? Chicago teachers rally in Loop to cap day of protests Yep, all about the kids, isn't it, lol.

6. In closing, let me repeat, CHICAGO is going under. When? Within 2 years tops, unless someone bails them out. Just like Detroit, it has been controlled by the left, and this is what leftward policies do when in enacted for extended periods of time. This is what they will do to the country also, because the only way they can get people to vote for them is BRIBE them with goodies, just like Chicago and Detroit did, and now it all comes home to roost!

I wish ratings had more than winner, thank you and right on. CA pension bomb similar but they got weather and coast. Wish I had keyboard, but glad you all aware to do it for me.

Oakland - 33 years
Chicago - 79 years
Philadelphia - 58 years
Baltimore - 43 years
Newark - 82 years

Don't know what's elusive about this --- NO city is "controlled by the left" or "controlled by the right". It just isn't present at that level. Does not appear.

Now you may be trying to construct, as others have, a classic Association Fallacy: "City X 'run by Democrats', therefore whatever City X does is "Democratic". Same as "most drunk drivers involve cars made by one of the Big Three, therefore the Big Three cause drunk driving accidents".

That might have a chance to fool some people, if not for the fact that Chicago is just like about 98% of big cities everywhere --- they're ALL run by Democrats. Rich ones, poor ones, wet ones, dry ones, fat ones, skinny ones, black ones, white, ones, etc etc etc etc etc.

That's gotta be inconvenient.

Oakland - 33 years
Chicago - 79 years
Philadelphia - 58 years
Baltimore - 43 tears
Newark - 82 years

I wish ratings had more than winner, thank you and right on. CA pension bomb similar but they got weather and coast. Wish I had keyboard, but glad you all aware to do it for me.
wait till the average day is 90 degrees come July/August. u think its bad now? wait till the heat wave comes and no one can afford air-conditioning

Oakland - 33 years
Chicago - 79 years
Philadelphia - 58 years
Baltimore - 43 years
Newark - 82 years

Don't know what's elusive about this --- NO city is "controlled by the left" or "controlled by the right". It just isn't present at that level. Does not appear.

Now you may be trying to construct, as others have, a classic Association Fallacy: "City X 'run by Democrats', therefore whatever City X does is "Democratic". Same as "most drunk drivers involve cars made by one of the Big Three, therefore the Big Three cause drunk driving accidents".

That might have a chance to fool some people, if not for the fact that Chicago is just like about 98% of big cities everywhere --- they're ALL run by Democrats. Rich ones, poor ones, wet ones, dry ones, fat ones, skinny ones, black ones, white, ones, etc etc etc etc etc.

That is bull! City spending, contracts, union deals, taxes, are all at the feet of local government, PERIOD! Are you telling me that Illinois sets the city tax?

Do you live in Chicago or are you near? How about you tell all of us (or maybe RDERP would like to chime in) how tricky Rich Daley selling the parking meters to a private firm was genius, lol! (that is correct folks. All parking meter revenue in the city of Chicago does NOT go to the city, it goes to a private entity. The former mayor ((who then retired)) sold it for 100 years I believe, for 1 billion dollars, then spent the money before he left office)

QUESTION---------> Did the mayor do this? Yes! Did the city council agree? Yes! Are they all DEMOCRATS? Yes, yes, and yes again!

So, what really happened to Chicago; seriously, what went wrong?

ANSWER------------> The Democrats are feeding on each other as the end nears, that is always the way it goes. To keep everyone in line years ago, sweetheart deals were made by DEMOCRATIC politicians, to garner support of those they greased; like unions, and municipality workers. In all fairness, the DEMOCRATIC POLITICIANS who did this are probably all dead, or in old folks homes somewhere. But the outlandish deals they made are still in force today, and each lefty entity fights to keep theirs in place, meaning none of them will give up anything. This causes the city, and the state to be pushed along towards insolvency, and citizens and businesses, flee! Add to that, the teachers union to get a BIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, or HUUUUUGGGGE deal, allowed the city if they gave them that deal, to SKIP payments to the teachers union retirement fund. The idiot DEMOCRAT politicians agreed, now the pension payments are WORSE, and they are BEHIND on the payments because the union allowed them to skip payments, to cement the deal!

And who/whom are the ones who end up suffering? Why the tax payers of course. They raised property taxes by a bunch, raised user fees, any fee you can think of went up, businesses can't charge 8 bucks a beer if 4 bucks of it is taxes, fees, etc.......and nobody will pay that much. People are FLEEING!

And what does the left do on here? ANSWER----------> It is not the left, it has nothing to do with the left, don't look behind the curtain at the man pulling levers, just listen to my voice as I soothingly say....................Hillary loves you, Obama respects you, Biden is uncle Joe moving kinda slow, and it is conservatives fault in Chicago; hell, it is a right wing conspiracy!

Oakland - 33 years
Chicago - 79 years
Philadelphia - 58 years
Baltimore - 43 years
Newark - 82 years

That is bull! City spending, contracts, union deals, taxes, are all at the feet of local government, PERIOD! Are you telling me that Illinois sets the city tax?

Do you live in Chicago or are you near? How about you tell all of us (or maybe RDERP would like to chime in) how tricky Rich Daley selling the parking meters to a private firm was genius, lol! (that is correct folks. All parking meter revenue in the city of Chicago does NOT go to the city, it goes to a private entity. The former mayor ((who then retired)) sold it for 100 years I believe, for 1 billion dollars, then spent the money before he left office)

QUESTION---------> Did the mayor do this? Yes! Did the city council agree? Yes! Are they all DEMOCRATS? Yes, yes, and yes again!

So, what really happened to Chicago; seriously, what went wrong?

ANSWER------------> The Democrats are feeding on each other as the end nears, that is always the way it goes. To keep everyone in line years ago, sweetheart deals were made by DEMOCRATIC politicians, to garner support of those they greased; like unions, and municipality workers. In all fairness, the DEMOCRATIC POLITICIANS who did this are probably all dead, or in old folks homes somewhere. But the outlandish deals they made are still in force today, and each lefty entity fights to keep theirs in place, meaning none of them will give up anything. This causes the city, and the state to be pushed along towards insolvency, and citizens and businesses, flee! Add to that, the teachers union to get a BIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, or HUUUUUGGGGE deal, allowed the city if they gave them that deal, to SKIP payments to the teachers union retirement fund. The idiot DEMOCRAT politicians agreed, now the pension payments are WORSE, and they are BEHIND on the payments because the union allowed them to skip payments, to cement the deal!

And who/whom are the ones who end up suffering? Why the tax payers of course. They raised property taxes by a bunch, raised user fees, any fee you can think of went up, businesses can't charge 8 bucks a beer if 4 bucks of it is taxes, fees, etc.......and nobody will pay that much. People are FLEEING!

And what does the left do on here? ANSWER----------> It is not the left, it has nothing to do with the left, don't look behind the curtain at the man pulling levers, just listen to my voice as I soothingly say....................Hillary loves you, Obama respects you, Biden is uncle Joe moving kinda slow, and it is conservatives fault in Chicago; hell, it is a right wing conspiracy!

You just keep on affirming my observation about Association Fallacies.

Were the Daleys entrenchened and corrupt? No question, of course.

Is that because they're "Democrats"? No question, no way. You've observed a correlation, not a causation.

They were "Democrats" because that's how you get elected in a city --- not just Chicago, ANY city. If you're a Republican and you want to run for mayor somewhere your choices are (a) lose the election or (b) become a Democrat like Ray Nagin did. Once you're entrenched and established and the election is safely won, you can switch to Republican like Frank Rizzo did. But you ain't getting into office with anything but a (D) by your name. Not in a big city.

NOW THEN --- you might want to ask why that is, why the Democratic machine has a lock on city governments --- regardless how those governments turn out --- and why the Republican Party can't compete there.

That's a worthy question, and has to do with image. But it's not the fallacy that serves as the basis of this loser thread.

We the people got to try to stop it. RINO also bad, go along with it but play phony game to join the "party". I don't know the answer as we need military, police, courts and some government. What we don't need is a bunch of crooks or 50 year olds getting $10K/mo lifetime pension with free healthcare for thdm and all the buttbuddies they can sign up. Get your ax handles and pitchfork ready. If you find any "good one" you got to vote them in.

Some evidence supporting the accusation against Democrats might be helpful.
Chicago hasn't had a Republican mayor since 1931. How about that? If you're black, that 85 years btw.
Those are the rules. The parties blame the party in power. Chicago, Democrats. Kansas, Republicans.

Partisans have to take the good with the bad.

Republicans were able to control the entire government under Bush. They used reconciliation three times. Name something they did that was good for Americans. That really helped the country.

Which cities are conservative controlled ?

Oh that's right , NONE . Which makes these dopey threads pointless.

Apparently cities are where those who need big govt to care for them congregate. They vote for handouts. Dems play those arena. Even CA all red but big cities.

Apparently cities are where those who need big govt to care for them congregate. They vote for handouts. Dems play those arena. Even CA all red but big cities.

Cities is where all the money is made in this country .

Forum List

Back