Chicago Blacks VERY Unhappy with Obama and Black Leadership

Do you really want to have an honest discussion or are you just looking for high fives from like minded people who are going to reply with the usual vitriol and nonsense based on name calling and ad hominem attacks on an entire race?

The funny thing is that we agree...regretfully, you don't want to discuss the liberal failures...you want to attack blacks for voting liberal and voting for Obama.

I've been seeking an honest discussion from the get go but you've chosen to focus on the racial aspect of the discussion. If you would like to discuss Liberalism's failures then I'm all ears.
LOLO...but your OP is about blacks calling out black leaders...how is that seeking an honest discussion.

I'll tell you what, I am getting ready to go to church...we can have an honest discussion later...but it will be a short discussion because we agree!

Do you really want to have an honest discussion or are you just looking for high fives from like minded people who are going to reply with the usual vitriol and nonsense based on name calling and ad hominem attacks on an entire race?

The funny thing is that we agree...regretfully, you don't want to discuss the liberal failures...you want to attack blacks for voting liberal and voting for Obama.

I've been seeking an honest discussion from the get go but you've chosen to focus on the racial aspect of the discussion. If you would like to discuss Liberalism's failures then I'm all ears.
LOLO...but your OP is about blacks calling out black leaders...how is that seeking an honest discussion.

I'll tell you what, I am getting ready to go to church...we can have an honest discussion later...but it will be a short discussion because we agree!

Wow. Do I really have to explain it AGAIN? Really?

Nobody can blame whites for these videos. Nobody can blame conservatives for these videos. Nobody can blame Republicans for these videos. Nobody can blame anybody but black liberals for these videos.

Broke Party: Inner-City Blacks Abandoning Obama & Democrat's Liberal Agenda - YouTube

2014 State of the Union Address- A Black Grassroots Response - YouTube

Democrats view Blacks as a given. Democrats know Blacks won't leave to vote anything but Democrat; +/- 15 percent of Blacks who consider themselves Independent or Conservative. Further, Democrats are looking to do the same "for" Gays, Unions, and Latinos. With those efforts, and Black Vote locked up, why would the Democrats put any effort?

Blacks are trying to hold Democrats accountable and that is something that is not in the Democrat DNA.

Taking someone for granted is one of the greatest form of contempt.

Being OK with being taken for granted is the greatest sign of stupidity and lack of self respect.

Nobody can blame whites for these videos. Nobody can blame conservatives for these videos. Nobody can blame Republicans for these videos. Nobody can blame anybody but black liberals for these videos.

Broke Party: Inner-City Blacks Abandoning Obama & Democrat's Liberal Agenda - YouTube

Democrats view Blacks as a given. Democrats know Blacks won't leave to vote anything but Democrat; +/- 15 percent of Blacks who consider themselves Independent or Conservative. Further, Democrats are looking to do the same "for" Gays, Unions, and Latinos. With those efforts, and Black Vote locked up, why would the Democrats put any effort?

Blacks are trying to hold Democrats accountable and that is something that is not in the Democrat DNA.

Yup. White Conservatives are automatically evil. So when you remove white conservatives from the equation you're left with black liberals. So if liberalism is so beneficial to the black community why are the blacks in Chicago no better off than they were before? Because liberalism doesn't work. The blacks in the OP YouTube clip actually state that they are now WORSE off than before and there's not a white conservative in sight.

What is the GOP strategy for helping poor inner-city black voters? The same plan for poor white voters? "Get a job"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdTihf2_GGM

Saw the video and while it's interesting that the conservative media have taken this route, this has me wondering about the purpose and intent of this endeavor.

Do they (conservative media, GOP Pols etc.) actually intend to do what these folks say Dems and liberals have failed to do? Do they intend to "teach them to fish"? That's something I hear a lot of conservatives say when it comes to minorities and poverty, but what's the actual follow-through here?

What I took from that video is that not every impoverished black is looking for a handout. They just don't want to take 2 steps back for every step forward. If the GOP and conservatives want to tap into this demographic, helping remove some the obstacles such those explained in the video would be that step forward without any steps back that would lead more self-sustained prosperity within black communities.

The video is good, but blacks, like all americans, respond to action. To initiative.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

What is the GOP strategy for helping poor inner-city black voters? The same plan for poor white voters? "Get a job"?

It's out of the GOP's hands. Didn't you watch the video? It's 100% in the hands of Progressocrats. What is THEIR strategy? That's the question you should be asking.

It's out of the GOP's hands. Didn't you watch the video? It's 100% in the hands of Progressocrats. What is THEIR strategy? That's the question you should be asking.

No it's not out of GOP hands. Its not even out of Democrat hands. These folks have made it rather clear that they will vote for whatever side actually displays genuine, tangible willingness to help them. Democrats control the area, but this video shows they could easily lose it as well.

=Merchant_of_Meh;9154204]
Saw the video and while it's interesting that the conservative media have taken this route, this has me wondering about the purpose and intent of this endeavor.
What "route" has the conservative media taken? Reporting some relevant news about the effectiveness of the Liberal government in Chicago? Are you not interested in knowing the truth?

Do they (conservative media, GOP Pols etc.) actually intend to do what these folks say Dems and liberals have failed to do? Do they intend to "teach them to fish"? That's something I hear a lot of conservatives say when it comes to minorities and poverty, but what's the actual follow-through here?
Oh no!!! The GOP has been kicked out lock, stock, and barrel. There IS no GOP solution. It's 100% in the hands of the far left Liberals. So the question you should be asking is why isn't the Liberal system actually working? Why aren't you asking that question (unless you're here to sidestep the issue)?

What I took from that video is that not every impoverished black is looking for a handout. They just don't want to take 2 steps back for every step forward. If the GOP and conservatives want to tap into this demographic, helping remove some the obstacles such those explained in the video would be that step forward without any steps back that would lead more self-sustained prosperity within black communities.
Nope! This is an opportunity for the Liberal Progressives running the show there to SHINE! Come on! Don't go seeking the GOP's help now when the Libs have all the power that they seek. It's up to them to step up to the plate and show America how it's REALLY done. No blaming the GOP and no begging for their help. It's 100% in the hands of the Libs.

The video is good, but blacks, like all americans, respond to action. To initiative.
Then perhaps they should take that initiative. They're exactly where they've been begging to be. In a situation where the white conservatives aren't "holding them down." Now show the world just how motivated and productive they can be now that whitey is out of the picture. No more blame game.

No it's not out of GOP hands. Its not even out of Democrat hands. These folks have made it rather clear that they will vote for whatever side actually displays genuine, tangible willingness to help them. Democrats control the area, but this video shows they could easily lose it as well.

And just exactly what's wrong with them helping themselves? Since when is it the government's job to play babysitter? The fact of the matter is that white conservatives have been blamed for more than a century for the failure of the black community to step up to the plate and improve their condition. Here's their opportunity. The conservatives finally said "okay" ... "we'll leave." Now they're gone. They can no longer be blamed. So what's the next step?

I have no problem believing some blacks are upset with President Obama. It would be illogical to think that all Blacks think alike. I am sure that if I strolled around Chicago I could find just as many or even more Blacks that approved of Obama. And how about this? There are even some white people who hate the gop. Can you believe it??? Hell, some people would bitch and complain if they were hung with a new rope. But be that as it may, the point you are trying to make is moot. In case you are not up to date Obama WILL NOT be running in the next presidential election.
But here is the thing, exactly what has the right done for the Blacks in this country? Absolutely NOTHING! Well ....... Maybe not nothing. The gop members of the SC did manage to gut the voting rights act which made it easier for red states to make it difficult for Blacks to vote. The gop House did manage to cut SNAP benefits and unemployment insurance. These are two bills that directly impact Blacks the most. And let's remember this, the gop House did manage to shoot down the increase in minimum wages which would have had much more affect on Blacks who often hold low paying jobs. So when it comes to the next vote who are the Blacks going to vote for, the party trying to take away their vote, took food out of their mouths, and restricted them to low pay or the party that has worked to increase Blacks voting and wants to raise the minimum wage? What do you think?

Last edited:

I have no problem believing some blacks are upset with President Obama. It would be illogical to think that all Blacks think alike. I am sure that if I strolled around Chicago I could find just as many or even more Blacks that approved of Obama. And how about this? There are even some white people who hate the gop. Can you believe it??? Hell, some people would bitch and complain if they were hung with a new rope. But be that as it may, the point you are trying to make is moot. In case you are not up to date Obama WILL NOT be running in the next presidential election.
But here is the thing, exactly what has the right done for the Blacks in this country? Absolutely NOTHING! Well ....... Maybe not nothing. The gop members of the SC did manage to gut the voting rights act which made it easier for red states to make it difficult for Blacks to vote. The gop House did manage to cut SNAP benefits and unemployment insurance. These are two bills that directly impact Blacks the most. And let's remember this, the gop House did manage to shoot down the increase in minimum wages which would have had much more affect on Blacks who often hold low paying jobs. So when it comes to the next vote who are the Blacks going to vote for, the party trying to take away their vote, took food out of their mouths, and restricted them to low pay or the party that has worked to increase Blacks voting and wants to raise the minimum wage? What do you think?

Thanks for the sidestep. I suppose what you're trying to say is that the blacks in Chicago who are upset that their conditions didn't improve under a 100% Liberal government should just keep their "Uncle Tom" mouths shut and keep voting Democrat like good little slaves? Is that about right?

Thanks for the sidestep. I suppose what you're trying to say is that the blacks in Chicago who are upset that their conditions didn't improve under a 100% Liberal government should just keep their "Uncle Tom" mouths shut and keep voting Democrat like good little slaves? Is that about right?
I love the way you try to put words in someone's mouth if they destroy your post.
What I did say is that looking at a small sample of Blacks and making an unwarrented generalization is kind of stupid. And what I did say is that Blacks will vote for those who are actually working for their benefit and not those who just talk about working for their benefit. And I also asked the question, exactly what has the right done to help the black community or any community, for that manner. Gutting the voting rights act, cutting SNAP benefits, cutting unemployment insurance, and killing the bill to raise minimum wage are not achievements that win votes from Black voters.
Remember "Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!"?. We didn't see the right following through on that campaign pledge, did we? The right wants the Black community to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. That is tough to do when you have no boots. It is just as tough to go out and get a job if there are no jobs. Why haven't republicans followed up on their pledge if they REALLY want to help the Black community?

I love the way you try to put words in someone's mouth if they destroy your post.
What I did say is that looking at a small sample of Blacks and making an unwarrented generalization is kind of stupid. And what I did say is that Blacks will vote for those who are actually working for their benefit and not those who just talk about working for their benefit. And I also asked the question, exactly what has the right done to help the black community or any community, for that manner. Gutting the voting rights act, cutting SNAP benefits, cutting unemployment insurance, and killing the bill to raise minimum wage are not achievements that win votes from Black voters.
Remember "Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!"?. We didn't see the right following through on that campaign pledge, did we? The right wants the Black community to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. That is tough to do when you have no boots. It is just as tough to go out and get a job if there are no jobs. Why haven't republicans followed up on their pledge if they REALLY want to help the Black community?

I posted two different videos with two different sets of blacks from different parts of Chicago. I suppose you are free to walk about Chicago and ask what you will. But make certain that the folks answering are answering from their heart and not their left-wing programming.

Again, why are you blaming Republicans who no longer represent the city of Chicago? There aren't any. They were booted out. So how can they work to better that community when they don't have the power to do so?

=Merchant_of_Meh;9154204]
What "route" has the conservative media taken? Reporting some relevant news about the effectiveness of the Liberal government in Chicago? Are you not interested in knowing the truth?

Oh no!!! The GOP has been kicked out lock, stock, and barrel. There IS no GOP solution. It's 100% in the hands of the far left Liberals. So the question you should be asking is why isn't the Liberal system actually working? Why aren't you asking that question (unless you're here to sidestep the issue)?

Nope! This is an opportunity for the Liberal Progressives running the show there to SHINE! Come on! Don't go seeking the GOP's help now when the Libs have all the power that they seek. It's up to them to step up to the plate and show America how it's REALLY done. No blaming the GOP and no begging for their help. It's 100% in the hands of the Libs.

Then perhaps they should take that initiative. They're exactly where they've been begging to be. In a situation where the white conservatives aren't "holding them down." Now show the world just how motivated and productive they can be now that whitey is out of the picture. No more blame game.

Where did I blame anyone in my post? Where did anyone in that video blame whites for "holding them down"?

This no longer about blame. Blame does not put food on the table and clothes on the backs of these folks. It is simply not productive at this point.

Based on your reply, you're essentially insinuating that the conservative media are content to point and laugh at the mess blacks have gotten themselves in instead of offering up tangible solutions that could help get them out of it. "Help themselves" is a lazy cop out. How do they do that? By getting jobs? What jobs? The video made it clear that obtaining jobs in that community is much tougher than it's made to appear. Do they "help themselves" by voting out all the democrats that I haved failed to provide adequate representation? Do they simply switch to the GOP and conservatives? Why would they do that?

Listen again to the woman talking about the inability find jobs in that community. Does it sound like she's asking for handouts? She sounds well aware of how to get beyond the problem. The issue appears to be she and other members of her community simply don't have the political klout to do so. So tell me.....how can they "help themselves" out of such a situation? How does this video help their situation in any meaningful way other than as a hit piece directed at the left? What exactly is that going to accomplish?

And just exactly what's wrong with them helping themselves? Since when is it the government's job to play babysitter? The fact of the matter is that white conservatives have been blamed for more than a century for the failure of the black community to step up to the plate and improve their condition. Here's their opportunity. The conservatives finally said "okay" ... "we'll leave." Now they're gone. They can no longer be blamed. So what's the next step?
Since it appears that Obama and Democrats are losing black support, the video indicates that at least Chicago blacks are moving back towards the center and can be undecided. The next step is for them to throw their support behind the party that genuinely wants to help with their plight. It is not an easy step since there really hasn't been anyone that fits that bill on either side of the political spectrum. So do they go it alone? How would they proceed with that from a conservative perspective?

Since it appears that Obama and Democrats are losing black support, the video indicates that at least Chicago blacks are moving back towards the center and can be undecided. The next step is for them to throw their support behind the party that genuinely wants to help with their plight. It is not an easy step since there really hasn't been anyone that fits that bill on either side of the political spectrum. So do they go it alone? How would they proceed with that from a conservative perspective?

Because some Blacks have indicated they are not content with Obama does not mean they have moved to conservatism or will vote Republican. I would suspect they might vote reluctantly for Democrats or not at all, with the latter being more likely. It might be for some the beginning of their political education.
Englewood dropout.

Because some Blacks have indicated they are not content with Obama does not mean they have moved to conservatism or will vote Republican. I would suspect they might vote reluctantly for Democrats or not at all, with the latter being more likely. It might be for some the beginning of their political education.
Englewood dropout.

Didn't say they have. The video makes it clear that these folks believe Obama, Democrats and the left have failed them. Stands to reason that with such strong thoughts, these particular folks may not stay the course. So what does this leave them with? The middle and the right. I am merely exploring those possibilities in order to better understand what can be done for them to get out the situation they are in.

No they couldn't. That place is so corrupt they can make sure that doesn't happen.

Forum List

Back