Chevrolet Volt

Well, you referred to it as a 'hit'.

Roads are paid for by gas taxes, as a user fee. There's nothing wrong with electric cars also paying a user fee to maintain those roads.

It is a hit. If the people who are purchasing these $41,000 golf carts want to delude themselves into believing that they are "saving" money by purchasing one, I think a government imposed user fee is yet another pin in their balloon of self delusion.

I think your premise is wrong. The rich people who are early adopters of new technology are buying it because that's what they do. That includes the Michael Moores, Bill Mahers, and assorted Hollywood types who also were the first to buy the Prius.

Then there are the people like Slapstick, who could have bought another BMW, or an Acura TL, or an Audi A6, or any number of similarly priced sports cars. For them, there is significant savings by not having to buy gas (or as much of it).

I seriously doubt that there is anyone who normally would buy a $25k car paying an extra $16k to save gas money.

You should talk to Don...see his post above.

So, you gonna man up? or crawl back to mommy? :lol:

Do Liberals earn enough to purchase a 45K automobile? Most are on the government teat already, barely getting by on the minimum wage.

LOL. If it were not for liberals in the blue states, the red state trailer park Conservatives would starve. After all we support them.

United States Federal Tax Dollars -

I guess you still don't know how to read a map do you!:lol::lol::lol: There's a lot of blue states getting WAY more money from the government then the red states. And more to the point, those states that get the most money back are those with lots of land under plow but very little relative population so it sorta makes sense that that happens, no?

But hey I live in the state that gets the least amount of money back from the feds, guess that means we're better then those leeches up in Oregon eh? :lol::lol:

Well, once again Walleyes demonstrates that he cannot read. New Jersey gets the least back from the money they put in. Nevada is second. Oregon gets 98 cents back for every dollar we send in.

Neveda has lots of land under the plow? Growing what? Cactus and sage?

I just cannot understand the anti electric vehicle mania bunch.

So the motive of the Volt is lower our dependency on fossil fuels?

Not fossil fuels - imported oil. Maybe honesty isn't your strong suit, either.

Just a reminder, 70% of our electricity is generated from fossil fuel....

Natural gas, not imported oil.

BTW Coal gasification plants generate most of our electricity.....

Rock vs Synthaholic

Rock wins.....

That's about as honest as it gets....

Really. You mean that the airlines developed the engines, ect. on their own? That there was little transfer of technology from military to civilian aviation? So what was a Boeing 707 before it was the 707?

No, moron, the aviation companies developed the aircraft that allowed the airlines to succeed. The transfer was from civilian to the military. The DC-2 and the DC-3 that followed it became the vaunted C-47 of WWII fame. Read some history!

Make a wager. You called me a liar kid, now man the fuck up or apologize.
No I didn't. I said I didn't believe you.

Sorry Mr Clinton, but that circular logic crap ain't gonna fly with me. When you say you don't believe me you are calling me a liar. I can prove beyond reasonable doubt that I own the car. Now you can either apologize, or man up. So what's it gonna be punk?
I said I don't believe you because you regularly lie on this forum. Deal with it.

It is a hit. If the people who are purchasing these $41,000 golf carts want to delude themselves into believing that they are "saving" money by purchasing one, I think a government imposed user fee is yet another pin in their balloon of self delusion.

I think your premise is wrong. The rich people who are early adopters of new technology are buying it because that's what they do. That includes the Michael Moores, Bill Mahers, and assorted Hollywood types who also were the first to buy the Prius.

Then there are the people like Slapstick, who could have bought another BMW, or an Acura TL, or an Audi A6, or any number of similarly priced sports cars. For them, there is significant savings by not having to buy gas (or as much of it).

I seriously doubt that there is anyone who normally would buy a $25k car paying an extra $16k to save gas money.

So, you gonna man up? or crawl back to mommy? :lol:

Don said he bought the Volt because he likes it. He also said that he has saved around $20k, with rebates, tax credits, and gas savings.

So what should I talk to him about?

Make a wager. You called me a liar kid, now man the fuck up or apologize.
And this is different from calling some a liar how?

You may fall for your own semantic bullshit, but most normal humans can see through it.
I've called him a liar frequently, in many threads. So I'm not backpedaling from that.

There is a difference between saying I don't believe him when he makes a statement about himself, and calling him a liar when he posts untruthful things about Obama, that are easily proven to be lies.

BTW Coal gasification plants generate most of our electricity.....

Rock vs Synthaholic

Rock wins.....

That's about as honest as it gets....
Depends on where you live.

Don said he bought the Volt because he likes it. He also said that he has saved around $20k, with rebates, tax credits, and gas savings.

So what should I talk to him about?

Actually, the $20K was simply how much less Don PAID for his Volt than he normally would pay for a car. No operating savings or tax rebates were included in Don's initial $20K savings.

Here are his words:

And since it's far and away the cheapest car I've ever bought, it has already saved me at least $20K...

Chris

Really. You mean that the airlines developed the engines, ect. on their own? That there was little transfer of technology from military to civilian aviation? So what was a Boeing 707 before it was the 707?

No, moron, the aviation companies developed the aircraft that allowed the airlines to succeed. The transfer was from civilian to the military. The DC-2 and the DC-3 that followed it became the vaunted C-47 of WWII fame. Read some history!

Westwall, I love that avatar of yours. I designed a t shirt once off a similar picture.

Was the design scammed from the Concord or something?

These "x" prize winners are getting into soace on their own. Granted its fifty years after government contractors did it...

Sorry Mr Clinton, but that circular logic crap ain't gonna fly with me. When you say you don't believe me you are calling me a liar. I can prove beyond reasonable doubt that I own the car. Now you can either apologize, or man up. So what's it gonna be punk?
I said I don't believe you because you regularly lie on this forum. Deal with it.
Links to proof?

You may fall for your own semantic bullshit, but most normal humans can see through it.
I've called him a liar frequently, in many threads. So I'm not backpedaling from that.

There is a difference between saying I don't believe him when he makes a statement about himself, and calling him a liar when he posts untruthful things about Obama, that are easily proven to be lies.
So now, saying you don't believe him is not calling him a liar? Tell me President Clinton, What's the definition of "is"?

Did you crack your skull on the bottom of the pool diving in the shallow end again?

I just cannot understand the anti electric vehicle mania bunch.

Horsecrap and you... wait... no you probably don't know it, considering your consistent track record for idiocy.

753px-2008_US_electricity_generation_by_source_v2.png

Source the Dept of Energy via Wikipedia.

Something else to realize that the cost of Natural Gas generation is up to 3 times more expensive than coal or Nuclear. It is used generally for 'peaking plants' and run only during times of high demand (extreme cold or heat) in most places. They are no where NEAR as reliable or effective as coal, nuclear and nothing comes close to hydro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_generation

More information to wake your dumb ass up can be found here.

Last edited:

Westwall, I love that avatar of yours. I designed a t shirt once off a similar picture.

Was the design scammed from the Concord or something?

These "x" prize winners are getting into soace on their own. Granted its fifty years after government contractors did it...

The SR-71 was developed on Lockheeds dime and predates Concorde by almost a decade. Project ARCHANGEL was the name of the project and the design was the 12th one tried. Convair also attempted to develop a similar aircraft. This was the beginning of the Military Industrial Complex that Ike warned us would occur if we were not careful. Obviously he was proven correct. After the late 1950's the aviation industry and the Pentagon became ever more intertwined. Before that aviation was independent to the point of starvation till WWII saved them.

Last edited:
Links to proof?
No. It's not worth my time to prove anything to morons. But I will be happy to point you to his future lies, which will be along shortly, I'm sure.

So now, saying you don't believe him is not calling him a liar? Tell me President Clinton, What's the definition of "is"?

Did you crack your skull on the bottom of the pool diving in the shallow end again?

Hey - asshole - you're pissing me off because now I have to talk to you like the simpleton that you are.

Example #1: You say "The upper tax rates under Carter were 90%". I call you a liar, because I can prove that they weren't.

Example #2: You say "When I was 11 years old, I killed a grizzly bear with my bare hands". I say I don't believe you. I can't call you a liar, because I cannot prove that you didn't.

Do you understand now, moron?

Horsecrap and you... wait... no you probably don't know it, considering your consistent track record for idiocy.

753px-2008_US_electricity_generation_by_source_v2.png

Source the Dept of Energy via Wikipedia.

Something else to realize that the cost of Natural Gas generation is up to 3 times more expensive than coal or Nuclear. It is used generally for 'peaking plants' and run only during times of high demand (extreme cold or heat) in most places. They are no where NEAR as reliable or effective as coal, nuclear and nothing comes close to hydro.

Electricity generation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More information to wake your dumb ass up can be found here.

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Thank you for proving me correct when I said:

Depends on where you live.

You are one stupid fuck.

Last edited:

Hey - asshole - you're pissing me off because now I have to talk to you like the simpleton that you are.

Example #1: You say "The upper tax rates under Carter were 90%". I call you a liar, because I can prove that they weren't.

Example #2: You say "When I was 11 years old, I killed a grizzly bear with my bare hands". I say I don't believe you. I can't call you a liar, because I cannot prove that you didn't.

Do you understand now, moron?
Huh. A distinction without a difference.

You getting it yet, moron?

funny-pictures-yez-im-pawsitiv.jpg

Forum List

Back