Cheney defends Gitmo and Water Boarding

IMO, Iraq was fought because we needed a place to engage the Islamofascists that was not too inconvenient for us to fight in (like Afghanistan) or them to get to (like Afghanistan).

We needed a place where we could knock of massive numbers of their already trained fighters while we strengthened the defenses of the US

OMFG.

First, the war was about non-existent WMD, and bogus alliances between Saddam and Al Qaeda.

Next, it was about bringing freedom to iraqis, and rescuing them from Saddam.

Are you even serious with this, or is this another attempt to come up with a lame justification for your war?

Listen to what you're saying: You're saying we conciously decided to turn another country into a bloody war zone, to keep the islamofacists from "coming here".

How do you think Iraqis would feel, if our reason for being in their country, is so that the bombs and IEDs are exploding there, and killing them, instead of us? How would you feel if another country wanted to turn the USA into a war zone, to spare themselves any attacks in their own country.

If what you are saying is true, I wouldn't blame the Iraqis for having eternal hatred for us. I would fully expect them to be throwing grenades at bush, not shoes.

You seriously fucking think the Iraqis should thank us, if the reason were there is to start a war in THEIR country, as a way of sparing us a terrorist attack in our borders??

OMFG.

First, the war was about non-existent WMD, and bogus alliances between Saddam and Al Qaeda.

Are you even serious with this, or is this another attempt to come up with a lame justification for your war?

Listen to what you're saying: You're saying we conciously decided to turn another country into a bloody war zone, to keep the islamofacists from "coming here".

How do you think Iraqis would feel, if our reason for being in their country, is so that the bombs and IEDs are exploding there, and killing them, instead of us? How would you feel if another country wanted to turn the USA into a war zone, to spare themselves any attacks in their own country.

If what you are saying is true, I wouldn't blame the Iraqis for having eternal hatred for us. I would fully expect them to be throwing grenades at bush, not shoes.

You seriously fucking think the Iraqis should thank us, if the reason were there is to start a war in THEIR country, as a way of sparing us a terrorist attack in our borders??

Try looking up what violation of cease-fire means.. and reading ALL of the resolution, and not just the parts you wish to see

Cheney should be tried for treason and then given a little of his own treatment to find out exactly why he wanted this war in the first place (well to find out if it was for any other purpose than putting money in his and his friends pockets)....it most certainly was not for the love of the Iraqi people.

Then we will ask him if he thinks gitmo and water boarding are OK....they guy is a scum bag and I will jump for joy the day he dies.

Wow, another sickening, stomach-churning thread where Republicans are cheering for torture. Saying that "at least we're better than Saddam" is a piss poor excuse. We're supposed to be americans, we're supposed to hold ourselves to the highest moral standard possible. Excusing appalling behaviour, by pointing at some totalitarian thug is child like, and morally reprehensible. We don't compare our behaviour by measuring it against the standards of Saddam Hussein.

As for sexual humiliation, putting women's panties on prisoner's heads, and waterboarding them, only a sadist and sick fuck would be into that, let alone make excuses for it. Can you imagine if the Saddam's Republican Guard had captured an american soldier and put underwear on his head and waterboarded him? I'd want to beat the crap out of the motherf*ckers who did that.

which is why we don't like it when you assholes are in charge, we know that you pussies are willing to let millions of us die because you won't waterboard.

which is why we don't like it when you assholes are in charge, we know that you pussies are willing to let millions of us die because you won't waterboard.

Yes, because Millions of us died when we didn't water board......:cuckoo:

Willy....you just posted "we know that you pussies are willing to let millions of us die because you won't waterboard."

Tell me again, when have millions of us died????????

You must have some proof that waterboarding has saved millions of lives....

Water Boarding is a cheap, simple and effective way of obtaining information. It can be done anyplace, at anytime. Even during a fluid and active mission in the field, while on the go.

Old boards are easy to find, water is always on hand and so are rags or clothing. I appreciate the fact that they are not wasting too much money on interrogation methods and it leaves no physical marks, if restrained properly.

IMO on 9/11 the gloves came off.

Lycurgus..then I am guessing you have no problem with them torturing our soldiers for information either....remember it works both ways....if it is OK for us, then it is OK for them.

Funny, I always thought we were better than them...I thought we had respect for human life...I thought we believed in innocent until proven guilty.

OMFG.

Sorry to spoil your happy dream about the US being some paradise above the fray of common human endeavor. I'm sure Dick Cheney is gratified that you still buy the horseshit propaganda that they pedaled to garner support for the war. :cuckoo: Personally, I never bought the WMD argument, it didn't make sense then and it makes less sense now.

I'm deadly serious about it. It's been my firmly held belief for the last 6 years.

Iraqi's should feel used. Although they could have avoided it by successfully overthrowing Saddam in 1991 or anytime subsequent. Before you prattle on about the oppression of Saddam (conveniently remembered now) the Romanians did it with their dictator. The Russians did it with a super power military at the government's disposal. If there is a will, there's a way.

Umm...yes, if they came here I'd kill the bastards if I could. Don't get me wrong, I'm not apologizing for the fact that what we did was nasty. We were attacked by that part of the world and payback is a bitch. I didn't say they were supposed to like it or us. Why would they "thank us" did I make that argument?

Look what you are failing to understand is the depth and breath of the Islamofascist threat. You also are not understanding how mobile and decentralized the threat is. In order to successfully engage this threat, we had to create the opportunity for the terrorist to come and try to attack the best equipped, best armed Americans in the world, instead of trying to kill the unarmed ones in office buildings in the US. And, just according to script, they came out to fight and they were slaughtered.

It would have been an impossible task to try to dig each little cell out of every Muslim country in the middle east, much easier to get them to come to us. By doing this we were able to atrit the numbers of their well-trained and battle hardened troops. (As an example, when my son was killing them, he said there were tons of Chechens there).

Additional benefits from doing Iraq:
- Isolate Iran
- Split Iran from Syria
- Remove bad actor (Iraq) and replace with non-capable country (unable to attack neighbors).
- Possibly replace with a "friendly" government - far-fetched, but possible

Lycurgus..then I am guessing you have no problem with them torturing our soldiers for information either....remember it works both ways....if it is OK for us, then it is OK for them.

Funny, I always thought we were better than them...I thought we had respect for human life...I thought we believed in innocent until proven guilty.

Uhh...news flash, they always do it to us anyway. They don't care what we do.

I never said they didn't (so shove your news flash up your ass)...my point was that we have no right to complain about it.

Willy....you just posted "we know that you pussies are willing to let millions of us die because you won't waterboard."

Tell me again, when have millions of us died????????

You must have some proof that waterboarding has saved millions of lives....

did I say millions had died? No, I don't think so. What I said was you pussies are willing to let millions of us die because you won't waterboard.

dosen't matter if we have a problem with it or not. They torture our soldiers, always have always will. They are out to win.. Win is the buzz word DUmmie.

I never said they didn't (so shove your news flash up your ass)...my point was that we have no right to complain about it.

No shove it up your ass bozo! We have every right to bitch about anything that upsets us dumbass. This isn't a fucking playground. This is the real world with real consequences where real people die.

The goal is not to fight the fairest. The goal is to win. If whatever you are talking about does not make it more likely that we will win, then it should be discarded.

Sorry to spoil your happy dream about the US being some paradise above the fray of common human endeavor. I'm sure Dick Cheney is gratified that you still buy the horseshit propaganda that they pedaled to garner support for the war. :cuckoo: Personally, I never bought the WMD argument, it didn't make sense then and it makes less sense now.

I'm deadly serious about it. It's been my firmly held belief for the last 6 years.

Iraqi's should feel used. Although they could have avoided it by successfully overthrowing Saddam in 1991 or anytime subsequent. Before you prattle on about the oppression of Saddam (conveniently remembered now) the Romanians did it with their dictator. The Russians did it with a super power military at the government's disposal. If there is a will, there's a way.

Umm...yes, if they came here I'd kill the bastards if I could. Don't get me wrong, I'm not apologizing for the fact that what we did was nasty. We were attacked by that part of the world and payback is a bitch. I didn't say they were supposed to like it or us. Why would they "thank us" did I make that argument?

Look what you are failing to understand is the depth and breath of the Islamofascist threat. You also are not understanding how mobile and decentralized the threat is. In order to successfully engage this threat, we had to create the opportunity for the terrorist to come and try to attack the best equipped, best armed Americans in the world, instead of trying to kill the unarmed ones in office buildings in the US. And, just according to script, they came out to fight and they were slaughtered.

It would have been an impossible task to try to dig each little cell out of every Muslim country in the middle east, much easier to get them to come to us. By doing this we were able to atrit the numbers of their well-trained and battle hardened troops. (As an example, when my son was killing them, he said there were tons of Chechens there).

Additional benefits from doing Iraq:
- Isolate Iran
- Split Iran from Syria
- Remove bad actor (Iraq) and replace with non-capable country (unable to attack neighbors).
- Possibly replace with a "friendly" government - far-fetched, but possible

4,000 Americans dead, 30,000 wounded and $700 billion dollars wasted to set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

And as for "They don't care what we do"...that may be true....but the rest of the world cares.....and the rest of the world starts to ignore the US when we act the way these people do. What right do we have to tell other people how to treat anyone while we treat people (and that includes hundreds who have been proven innocent) in this way.

No shove it up your ass bozo! We have every right to bitch about anything that upsets us dumbass. This isn't a fucking playground. This is the real world with real consequences where real people die.

The goal is not to fight the fairest. The goal is to win. If whatever you are talking about does not make it more likely that we will win, then it should be discarded.

I'm glad somebody around here gets it! :clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back