Cheney defends Gitmo and Water Boarding

ABC News: Exclusive: Cheney Holds Hard-Line Stance

This guy is the most delusional VP the US has ever had. I don't remember anyone in any administration that has been so blatantly defiant of the feelings of the majority of citizens.

What is scary is he believes everything that comes from his warped brain.

Hate to say it, but even the NY Times is agreeing with him regarding Gitmo and rendition.

I'm finding it interesting that many academics are beginning to find that Obama is going to need to avail himself of many of the issues and tactics he ran against. As we speak the MSM are pounding out articles of why it's necessary, mostly finding fault with Bush, but maintaining the reasoning.

ABC News: Exclusive: Cheney Holds Hard-Line Stance

This guy is the most delusional VP the US has ever had. I don't remember anyone in any administration that has been so blatantly defiant of the feelings of the majority of citizens.

What is scary is he believes everything that comes from his warped brain.

Cheney is an idiot.

Most of the foreign fighters who came to Iraq came there because they believed Americans were torturing prisoners.

Cheney is an idiot.

Most of the foreign fighters who came to Iraq came there because they believed Americans were torturing prisoners.

B.S--the foreign fighters that came to Iraq to fight Americans--was because Al Queda & other extremists put out the call, not because they felt Americans were torturing Iraqi's. If you wanted to see torture--take a look at one single documentary of how life was with Sadam Husien--DUH!

Now--what do we do with all of these Al Queda terrorists. Do we put them in American federal prisons, where their life expectancy will be that of a nat? Where they would be beaten, raped & everything else that you could possibly imagine. Or do you believe that we should keep them in a cell 23 hours a day 7 days a week with no human contact what-so-ever? Because to keep them alive that would have to be the structure. American prisoners would put targets on every one of their backs. The next thing: Many of these countries do not want these terrorists back. Some fear certain death if they return to their home countries.

And yes, I fully agree with Dick Chenney. When it comes to the mastermind of 9/11--who is directly responsible for slaughtering 3000 innocent, unarmed Americans--"regardless if they were democrats or republicans"--this guy deserved everything he got. In fact, waterboarding was much too easy on him.

B.S--the foreign fighters that came to Iraq to fight Americans--was because Al Queda & other extremists put out the call, not because they felt Americans were torturing Iraqi's. If you wanted to see torture--take a look at one single documentary of how life was with Sadam Husien--DUH!

Now--what do we do with all of these Al Queda terrorists. Do we put them in American federal prisons, where their life expectancy will be that of a nat? Where they would be beaten, raped & everything else that you could possibly imagine. Or do you believe that we should keep them in a cell 23 hours a day 7 days a week with no human contact what-so-ever? Because to keep them alive that would have to be the structure. American prisoners would put targets on every one of their backs. The next thing: Many of these countries do not want these terrorists back. Some fear certain death if they return to their home countries.

And yes, I fully agree with Dick Chenney. When it comes to the mastermind of 9/11--who is directly responsible for slaughtering 3000 innocent, unarmed Americans--"regardless if they were democrats or republicans"--this guy deserved everything he got. In fact, waterboarding was much too easy on him.

"I learned in Iraq that the No. 1 reason foreign fighters flocked there to fight were the abuses carried out at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Our policy of torture was directly and swiftly recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda in Iraq. The large majority of suicide bombings in Iraq are still carried out by these foreigners. They are also involved in most of the attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq. It's no exaggeration to say that at least half of our losses and casualties in that country have come at the hands of foreigners who joined the fray because of our program of detainee abuse. "

I'm Still Tortured by What I Saw in Iraq - washingtonpost.com

"I learned in Iraq that the No. 1 reason foreign fighters flocked there to fight were the abuses carried out at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Our policy of torture was directly and swiftly recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda in Iraq. The large majority of suicide bombings in Iraq are still carried out by these foreigners. They are also involved in most of the attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq. It's no exaggeration to say that at least half of our losses and casualties in that country have come at the hands of foreigners who joined the fray because of our program of detainee abuse. "

I'm Still Tortured by What I Saw in Iraq - washingtonpost.com

A pair of underware on some guys head, does not even compare to the types of torture & murder that Sadam Husien dished out. GITMO--PLEASE! Soccer being played on the field, good warm food, a nice bed along with a copy of the Koran--prayer meetings--living in what is considered a paradise climate,--was much much better than the freezing caves that most of these terrorists came from. Add to that free medical screenings & care the likes of which most Americans never see. If that's what you call torture, then give me some.

You guys need to realise that Islamic extremists really do exist. They hate, they will do anything to kill--especially Americans & westerners at every single opportunity. They don't need a reason. It's the holy war concept.

NOPE--the call to come to Iraq was done by none other than Osama Bin Laden along with all his extremist cohurts. NEVER ONCE did OSB say or any other extremist call for the invasion of terrorists/or foreign fighters into Iraq because they believed Americans were torturing Iraqi's.

That torture comment/concept came only from people/or Americans who think like you--& never once from any Islamic extremist bent on slaughtering innocents. Now, American opinion has influenced our government into another very bad decision by closing GITMO.

Eventually one of you on this board is going to have to explain--while Osama Bin Laden called for all comrades in arms to head to Iraq, because as he stated: "Iraq is the central front" against the infidels. You will also have to explain that most of these foreign fighters came into Iraq long before the incident at Abu-Graid, where 7 soldiers made the mistake of putting underware on some Iraqi's insurgent's head, taking pictures & sending them around for viewing.

But most importantly you all will have to explain: Why hundred's of Iraqi's were slaughtered standing in line for security positions or new jobs--when--as you state--these foreign fighters were just there to "protect" Iraqi's from American torture. This happened on a daily basis, if you remember.

The reason foreign fighters came into the region was to fight the one & only idea they could not stomach. A democracy in the heart of the middle east. Islamic extremists do not believe in freedom. They do not believe citizens have a right to vote. They only believe in radical religious oppression. If anyone gets out of line as to what they believe, they are tortured or killed. Freedom is what they feared most, & they savagely killed thousands of Iraqi's along with Americans & coalition troops to make that point. It had absolutely nothing to do with them thinking we were torturing Iraqi's.

Last edited:
A pair of underware on some guys head, does not even compare to the types of torture & murder that Sadam Husien dished out. GITMO--PLEASE! Soccer being played on the field, good warm food, a nice bed along with a copy of the Koran--prayer meetings--living in was is considered a paradise climate--was much much better than the caves that most of these terrorists came from.

You guys need to realise that Islamic extremists really do exist. They hate, they will do anything to kill--especially Americans & westerners at every single opportunity. They don't need a reason. It's the holy war concept.

NOPE--the call to come to Iraq was done by none other that Osama Bin Laden along with all his extremist cohurts. NEVER ONCE did OSB say or any other extremist call for the invasion of terrorists/or foreign fighters into Iraq because they believed Americans were torturing Iraqi's.

That torture comment/concept came only from people/or Americans who think like you--& never once from any Islamic extremist bent on slaughtering innocents.

Sorry to bother you with the facts.

Go back to ignoring them.

Sorry to bother you with the facts.

Go back to ignoring them.

O.K. then you show me one SINGLE comment from any Islamic extremist that mentions American torture in GITMO or Abu Graid-& for a call to arms to head to Iraq to protect the Iraqi's from the American "torture" machine.

If you can't--you & your posts are put on my IGNORE list!

Chris, what you see as facts, it seems that normal people view as bias propaganda.

Look at it this way, this makes you a minority and you can sign up for extra benefits from Obama!

OMG, after all of this there is still people that think like you. That's really scary. Newsflash - Iraq was BULLSHIT! It had nothing to do with 9/11, and sweetheart, all those weapons Hussein used on his people WE SOLD HIM. Oh, and we also were instrumental in putting him in power. And lets ot forget Cheney saying in 1994 that invading Iraq was an awful idea, but then becomes VP and Haliburton can make a bunch of money and he changes his mind. Cheney is an evil bastard

I also find it hilarious that we're supposed to be the leader in morality and the beacon of light around the world when it comes to human rights but we believe in water boarding and torturing!! Hilarious, what's next? Castration? If that's the case then just send an American woman, their great at castration

A pair of underware on some guys head, does not even compare to the types of torture & murder that Sadam Husien dished out. GITMO--PLEASE! Soccer being played on the field, good warm food, a nice bed along with a copy of the Koran--prayer meetings--living in what is considered a paradise climate,--was much much better than the freezing caves that most of these terrorists came from. Add to that free medical screenings & care the likes of which most Americans never see. If that's what you call torture, then give me some.

it was a lot more than just a pair of underwear on some guys' head and you know it. at least one man died from the abuse he suffered at the hands of the American military while being held in abu grab and many others were humiliated and tortured.

and if you're interested in being treated like the prisoners at Gitmo cool for you. I think the first think you should get is waterboarded. Which I admit I had to look up to see what it was because I had no idea

Waterboarding is a form of torture that consists of immobilizing a person on their back with the head inclined downward and pouring water over the face and into the breathing passages.[1][2] Through forced suffocation and inhalation of water, the subject experiences the process of drowning and is made to believe that death is imminent.[3] In contrast to merely submerging the head face-forward, waterboarding almost immediately elicits the gag reflex.[4] Although waterboarding does not always cause lasting physical damage, it carries the risks of extreme pain, dry drowning, damage to the lungs, brain damage caused by oxygen deprivation, physical injuries (including broken bones) due to struggling against restraints, psychological injury, and, ultimately, death, which may be caused by one of the many possible conditions -- not only drowning -- that are triggered by this behavior.[5] The physical effects of waterboarding can come on even months after the event, and the psychological effects on the victims can last for years.[6]

and you guys need to realize that just because they don't value human life doesn't give us the right to act like them. Who are we really if we torture people? we're just as bad as they are, maybe worse, because they make no apologies or excuses for their behavior.

NOPE--the call to come to Iraq was done by none other than Osama Bin Laden along with all his extremist cohurts. NEVER ONCE did OSB say or any other extremist call for the invasion of terrorists/or foreign fighters into Iraq because they believed Americans were torturing Iraqi's.

that's right, you keep believing that it's everyone's fault except our own. I'm sure that gives you some measure of comfort but it's factually inaccurate. OSB said he began to hate America when we invaded Iraq the first time, during Bush 41 presidency. I'm sure the treatment of the Iraqi people only bolsters their cause, if it's not directly responsible for it.

That torture comment/concept came only from people/or Americans who think like you--& never once from any Islamic extremist bent on slaughtering innocents. Now, American opinion has influenced our government into another very bad decision by closing GITMO.

I'm sorry but you're a fucking idiot. You actually believe it's okay to keep people in prison without trial and without legal representation? This is AMERICA you stupid fuck.

You're talking like we're some third world country or something. I do wonder though, when the world gets sick of our tyranny, will you be shocked when they invade us and overtake our government and say they are doing it for the good of the people of this country?

Eventually one of you on this board is going to have to explain--while Osama Bin Laden called for all comrades in arms to head to Iraq, because as he stated: "Iraq is the central front" against the infidels. You will also have to explain that most of these foreign fighters came into Iraq long before the incident at Abu-Graid, where 7 soldiers made the mistake of putting underware on some Iraqi's insurgent's head, taking pictures & sending them around for viewing.

and when exactly did Osama say this? before or after we invaded?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yBx5QH3CqvQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yBx5QH3CqvQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Bush says SO WHAT that Al Qaeda wasn't in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded. GMAB the man is a lunatic.

But most importantly you all will have to explain: Why hundred's of Iraqi's were slaughtered standing in line for security positions or new jobs--when--as you state--these foreign fighters were just there to "protect" Iraqi's from American torture. This happened on a daily basis, if you remember.

The reason foreign fighters came into the region was to fight the one & only idea they could not stomach. A democracy in the heart of the middle east. Islamic extremists do not believe in freedom. They do not believe citizens have a right to vote. They only believe in radical religious oppression. If anyone gets out of line as to what they believe, they are tortured or killed. Freedom is what they feared most, & they savagely killed thousands of Iraqi's along with Americans & coalition troops to make that point. It had absolutely nothing to do with them thinking we were torturing Iraqi's.

you can defend and spin it anyway you like but the facts are the facts. Those on the right refuse to acknowledge that President Bush and his administration are largely responsible for how hated America is. It started with his father and he finished the job.

Yeah.. Bush is largely responsible for us being hated.. .because all the terrorist actions before he took office were done out of LOVE :rolleyes:

And lest ye not forget... we DID NOT INVADE IRAQ IN PART 1 OF THE IRAQ CONFLICT UNDER 41... but nice try, silence... I KNOW.. I WAS FUCKING THERE

The warped culture of hatred associated with the terrorists and terrorism is behind the hatred... unless we cower to them, eliminate our way of life, and adopt their warped ideals, they will STILL hate us and recruit because of that.... it's simple actually....

As for holding people without trial.. they are not American citizens.... they are not POW's as they are not in the legit military of a sovereign nation... it is a sticky situation to say the least... BUT you do NOT want them having access to our legal system, for the information they and their blood sucking lawyers will be able to get their hands on... is permanent detention the answer? no.... but neither is treating them like an American citizen or legal visitor to the US or like an honorable soldier....

If you wanted to see torture--take a look at one single documentary of how life was with Sadam Husien--DUH!

.......-this guy deserved everything he got. In fact, waterboarding was much too easy on him.

Wow, another sickening, stomach-churning thread where Republicans are cheering for torture.

Saying that "at least we're better than Saddam" is a piss poor excuse. We're supposed to be americans, we're supposed to hold ourselves to the highest moral standard possible. Excusing appalling behaviour, by pointing at some totalitarian thug is child like, and morally reprehensible. We don't compare our behaviour by measuring it against the standards of Saddam Hussein.

As for sexual humiliation, putting women's panties on prisoner's heads, and waterboarding them, only a sadist and sick fuck would be into that, let alone make excuses for it. Can you imagine if the Saddam's Republican Guard had captured an american soldier and put underwear on his head and waterboarded him? I'd want to beat the crap out of the motherf*ckers who did that.

Cheney is an evil little man who sees the world in his own warped image. Seeing as there is no chance of him ever being in the military and being tortured, he has no problem with it.

I agree with both. Most of all the water boarding!

So if they do it to our troops, you won't complain?

Bush and Cheney would have fit right into the Saddam regime.

O.K. then you show me one SINGLE comment from any Islamic extremist that mentions American torture in GITMO or Abu Graid-& for a call to arms to head to Iraq to protect the Iraqi's from the American "torture" machine.

If you can't--you & your posts are put on my IGNORE list!

I posted an interview with the man who interrogated the foreign fighters in Iraq. He said their main motivation for coming to Iraq was torture at Gitmo and Abu Ghaib. You chose to ignore these facts. Too bad for you.

What idiots like Cheney don't realize is that we are in a political war, not a military one. The "war on terror" cannot be won by military means. It has to be won in the hearts and minds of the one billion muslims in the world. Things like torture and killing only provides our enemies with recruiting tools for the young and impressionable recruits that they seek. Bush and Cheney are the best recruiters AQ ever had. Obama is their worst nightmare.

The "war on terror" cannot be won by military means. It has to be won in the hearts and minds of the one billion muslims in the world.

so how much longer will we tolerate the muslim schools that teach their children to hate America, and to hate infidels?

you're in Virginia, Congressman Wolf has called for an investigation of the Islamic Saudi Academy in that state, which has been telling kids that Israel doesn't exist

fine if you're against war, but appeasement is not winning over hearts and minds, especially when they refuse to stop teaching hate

Forum List

Back