Chemical Weapons on Sudanese Civilians

Yes most of my teacher friends have been teaching nearly the same class for 15+ years. It's easy because they have the lesson plans down, but it's hard because unless they are lucky (and get a good crop of kids) the job can become a drudge. Of course, summers off is a huge bonus!

What level are you teaching at?

wade said:
Yes most of my teacher friends have been teaching nearly the same class for 15+ years. It's easy because they have the lesson plans down, but it's hard because unless they are lucky (and get a good crop of kids) the job can become a drudge. Of course, summers off is a huge bonus!

What level are you teaching at?

Middle school, but trying to get position in high school. Seriously, I think teachers need to adjust their lesson plans with each class, at least tweaking them. Not only for the kids, though I believe that each class is unique, but to prevent their own burnout. Might be hard to understand, but creating a new way of doing something, adds excitement on teacher's part too.

I think that works for a few years, but then they just get burned out anyway. Most of my college friends who are teachers have been at it for almost 20 years now. I think the way the kids all do the same crap and think they are the first ones to ever do it also wears on them over time.

It's a hard job and I have respect for anyone who can do it well.

Wade.

wade said:
I think that works for a few years, but then they just get burned out anyway. Most of my college friends who are teachers have been at it for almost 20 years now. I think the way the kids all do the same crap and think they are the first ones to ever do it also wears on them over time.

It's a hard job and I have respect for anyone who can do it well.

Wade.

If I'm not teaching in college in 20 years, I give up! I figure in 3 years I'll apply for U of C, which offers a combined MA/Phd in history.

Forum List

Back