chemical spill in my backyard!

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Well, sort of. In Graniteville, which is literally about two miles from here, there was a train wreck and one of the trains was carrying 3 deadly chemicals. My school's being used as a quarantine right now and most of the town's being evacuated. Hopefully, they can get the gasses contained before they drift over here. Only 2 deaths so far, but of course they died on impact. I swear man, I gotta get out of Aiken. I got a chemical spill two miles down the road one way, and a damn site that assembles nuclear weapons a mile down the road the other way!

Dan said:
Well, sort of. In Graniteville, which is literally about two miles from here, there was a train wreck and one of the trains was carrying 3 deadly chemicals. My school's being used as a quarantine right now and most of the town's being evacuated. Hopefully, they can get the gasses contained before they drift over here. Only 2 deaths so far, but of course they died on impact. I swear man, I gotta get out of Aiken. I got a chemical spill two miles down the road one way, and a damn site that assembles nuclear weapons a mile down the road the other way!
:) Yeah, back to NJ with ya...No chemicals up there. :rolleyes: :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
Yeah, back to NJ with ya...No chemicals up there.

Yeahyeahyeah, I just need to get outta Aiken is all. And, besides, NJ gets a bad rap on TV and in the media, it ain't all smokestacks and malls. Some of it really does still look like the Garden State. :tng:

Dan said:
Yeahyeahyeah, I just need to get outta Aiken is all. And, besides, NJ gets a bad rap on TV and in the media, it ain't all smokestacks and malls. Some of it really does still look like the Garden State. :tng:

Right next to the world's largest garbage pile!

j/k.

Dan said:
I know... :)

Aiken is actually a nice little town. Been to Aiken, SC many times. Accidents happen everywhere.

I just checked it out and the spill does seem to be quite serious. Hope you and your family are all OK Dan. The only chemical that seems to be a problem is Chlorine gas. But Aiken really is a nice little town. Be safe.

AIKEN — Two people died and at least 75 sought medical treatment after a chemical-laden Norfolk Southern Corp. freight train struck a parked locomotive and two cars in Graniteville early this morning . The crash released deadly chlorine gas from ruptured tank cars, officials said at a 1 p.m. news conference.

Thanks for the well wishes, Pretender. I have no family around here, and I think I'm well out of harm's way, as of right now, the tanks are only leaking, and they're probably going to patch those up by tonight. They evacuated a 1-mile radius, but I'm probably 3 or 4 miles from there.

Forum List

Back