Check your car insurance policy! I've been getting ripped off.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I got lazy and stopped checking in with Liberty Mutual when I would get notices there were changes in my auto policy. Well over the period of a few years, they jacked my coverage rates up to darn near DOUBLE what they were when I started. I cancelled my policy and went with State Farm, over $2000 per year less with similar coverage! Don't fall asleep at the wheel like I did, check your policy. You might be getting ripped off.

i cant get anyone out here to beat Geico....state farm was 50 a month more....liberty mutual i laughed at their offer....

A lot of people are buying full coverage on cars that won't be covered in the event of an accident because of their age. People need to check the fine print. If I could get insurance for $2K less a year, somebody would be mailing me a $400 check

Ours was 70 dollars a month with germania. The raised the rates and we have had no claims. We went to Texas Farm Bureau and now it's 30 dollars a month with twice the coverage.

A lot of people are buying full coverage on cars that won't be covered in the event of an accident because of their age. People need to check the fine print. If I could get insurance for $2K less a year, somebody would be mailing me a $400 check
What I started out paying was nowhere near of where I ended up with 9 years later. That was all due to incremental 'adjustments' to my policy. I'm just saying pay attention to your coverage levels they may be sneaking up higher.

What I started out paying was nowhere near of where I ended up with 9 years later. That was all due to incremental 'adjustments' to my policy. I'm just saying pay attention to your coverage levels they may be sneaking up higher.

We purposefully drive older cars. Once they are 10 years old, your insurance company will keep selling you full coverage on them but somewhere in their fine print is a rider that it doesn't cover vehicles older than a set number of years. I think with GEICO's it is ten years. Did away with glass coverage because the one time I had a claim they more than jacked my rates up to get that money back over a year and then kept them jacked up so it would have been cheaper just to pay from my own pocket from the beginning. Medpay is the only thing I make sure I over insure on. IIRC we have $50K in coverage on that There are way too many under and uninsured drivers out there.

I got lazy and stopped checking in with Liberty Mutual when I would get notices there were changes in my auto policy. Well over the period of a few years, they jacked my coverage rates up to darn near DOUBLE what they were when I started. I cancelled my policy and went with State Farm, over $2000 per year less with similar coverage! Don't fall asleep at the wheel like I did, check your policy. You might be getting ripped off.

I shopped around recently after many years automatically renewing, and found out that I'm getting a great deal already. Nobody could match it.

I do alright with USAA. My prior insurance co jacked rates three straight years after I had been with them for 15 accident-free years.

Screw them.

All State has been my company for the past couple of years. So far, there have been no problems. $111.00 is the current monthly payment.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Allstate is the best. I don't care for Progressive and Geico, their rates are very high.

Geico did the same with me and I went State Farm also...

Allstate is the best. I don't care for Progressive and Geico, their rates are very high.

As David Vitter would say, it "Depends".

I still go with the Flo, 256 for half a year, and that's for two cars.

Forum List

Back