Charles Barkley

buckeye45_73

Lakhota's my *****
Jun 4, 2011
Speaks more eloquent than the President.....who knew

Charles Barkley weighs in on police shootings: ‘We’ve got to do better as black people’

"The cops have made some mistakes, but that doesn't give us the right to riot and shoot cops. We need the cops, especially in the black community. We as black people, we've got to do better. We never get mad when black people kill each other, which that has always bothered me ? I've always said if we as black people want more respect, we have to give each other respect. You can't demand respect from white people and the cops if you don't respect each other. We've got to do better as black people.

Charles Barkley weighs in on police shootings: ‘We’ve got to do better as black people’

"The cops have made some mistakes, but that doesn't give us the right to riot and shoot cops. We need the cops, especially in the black community. We as black people, we've got to do better. We never get mad when black people kill each other, which that has always bothered me ? I've always said if we as black people want more respect, we have to give each other respect. You can't demand respect from white people and the cops if you don't respect each other. We've got to do better as black people.

Black people don't get mad when blacks kill blacks? Barkley is fat jackwad.

He's also willing to criticize the other end of the argument.

He's honest; we need a lot more people like that who are in the public eye.

Examples?

We athletes can no longer remain on the sidelines in the struggle for justice
Carmelo Anthony
Hashtags won’t solve the endless cycle of violence that’s engulfed America. That’s why I’m calling on my fellow athletes to stand up and do more
excerpt

We can’t try to solve all the issues at once. We’ve just got to zero in on our own individual communities and once we build that up and that becomes stronger, then I think everything will settle down and be cool again. There needs to be a mutual respect from both sides: between the police officers and the people in the streets. We have to reintroduce that respect factor into our local communities because there’s no respect from either side anymore.

We all know our history, especially when it comes to sports and activism. We know Ali. We know Jim Brown. We know Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. But over the years as athletes started making more money, they started thinking: I don’t want people to talk bad about me for talking politics. But this is not really about politics. There’s nothing political about taking a stand and speaking on what you believe in. The teams and the support systems around athletes urge them to stay away from politics, stay away from religion, stay away from this, stay away from that. But at certain times you’ve just got to put all of that aside and be a human being. That time is now.
We athletes can no longer remain on the sidelines in the struggle for justice | Carmelo Anthony

I agree with Anthony.

Examples?

Examples of what? A black family getting angry because their child was gunned down in a gangbanger driveby?

Gee, you can't imagine that ever happening...

MLK would be boo-ed right out of a BLM meeting...

MLK was locked up for protesting,

and killed by a rightwinger .

Actually, according to his family, MLK was murdered by LBJ, Obama's hero, and likely your hero too...

Son of Dr. King Asserts L.B.J. Role in Plot

"Three months ago, Dexter Scott King declared that he and his family believed that James Earl Ray was not guilty of the murder of his father, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Tonight, in a televised interview, Mr. King asserted that President Lyndon B. Johnson must have been part of a military and governmental conspiracy to kill Dr. King.

''Based on the evidence that I've been shown, I would think that it would be very difficult for something of that magnitude to occur on his watch and he not be privy to it,'' Mr. King said on the ABC News program ''Turning Point.''

Mr. King, who heads the Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change in Atlanta, suggested that the Army and Federal intelligence agencies were involved in his father's assassination, in Memphis on April 4, 1968."

Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions.
George Bush, 7/12/16

We all do it. Let's quit.

MLK would be boo-ed right out of a BLM meeting...

MLK was locked up for protesting,

and killed by a rightwinger .

Actually, according to his family, MLK was murdered by LBJ, Obama's hero, and likely your hero too...

Son of Dr. King Asserts L.B.J. Role in Plot

"Three months ago, Dexter Scott King declared that he and his family believed that James Earl Ray was not guilty of the murder of his father, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Tonight, in a televised interview, Mr. King asserted that President Lyndon B. Johnson must have been part of a military and governmental conspiracy to kill Dr. King.

''Based on the evidence that I've been shown, I would think that it would be very difficult for something of that magnitude to occur on his watch and he not be privy to it,'' Mr. King said on the ABC News program ''Turning Point.''

Mr. King, who heads the Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change in Atlanta, suggested that the Army and Federal intelligence agencies were involved in his father's assassination, in Memphis on April 4, 1968."
I wouldn't doubt it, Johnson was a racist and probably had Kennedy killed

Sorry, when multiple counts of treason are dismissed as "worst examples," sorry, I ain't letting it go. Too many dead, too much money stolen, too much harm to the US - both of those WO need to go... before a treason grand jury.

Examples?

Examples of what? A black family getting angry because their child was gunned down in a gangbanger driveby?

Examples of BLM type outrage over black on black crime?

Barkley needs to stick to something he's really good at ............ like GOLF.

snort~

Examples?

Wow...that's a whole lot of people...

Forum List

Back