Change Of Heart? Herman Cain Blames Scandal On Race

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
Racial Politics Return With Cain Allegations | News One

Cain is a race card playing idiot who has used race to his advantage repeatedly, whether its branding black people as "brainwashed" or saying that Democrats are afraid that a "real black man" might run against Obama, typical of the Tea Party/far right penchant for grabbing headlines and attention and stacking up support from white Republicans, the same Cain who said “I don’t believe racism in this country today holds anybody back in a big way.” Why now is he and his backers playing the race card by saying this scandal is "high tech lynching" and Cain saying the scandal is happening because of his race? You right wingers can't have it both ways.

Anyways, some interesting tidbits from the link:

The black conservative is trying to navigate around allegations that he sexually harassed at least three women, implying that the accusations surfaced because he is Black. Hours after the claims were reported, Cain’s supporters branded his trouble a “high-tech lynching.” That’s the term coined 20 years ago by another Black conservative, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, after his confirmation hearings for the court were rocked by allegations of sexual harassment.

Cain’s supporters have pinned blame on a white GOP presidential rival, on liberals afraid of a “strong black conservative” and on mainstream media interested in “guilty until proven innocent.” But by playing the race card with the Thomas precedent, his backers belied the “post-racial” America that President Barack Obama was said to have brought about in the United States – and that they, too, promote.

It gets deeper, lol

But that doesn’t mean that talking about race for political advantage is passe. Conservatives immediately turned the narrative that way once the Cain allegations became public. “Just like they did to Clarence Thomas, they are engaging in a `high-tech lynching’ by smearing Herman Cain’s reputation and character,” Jordan Gehrke of AmericansforHermanCain.com wrote in a fundraising appeal.

Not everyone on the Republican side appreciates the tactic.

“I think we need to get past the language of race on both sides,” Rice, who succeeded Powell as President George W. Bush’s secretary of state, told Sean Hannity of Fox News in an interview Tuesday.

Black conservative commentator Armstrong Williams, who worked for Thomas when he headed the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, said some Republicans are put off by Cain’s claims of racism because they hate it when they are accused of being racist.

“Why is the first response from some conservatives that this must have to do with Cain’s race? That makes them guilty of the same race-baiting we accuse Democrats of,” Williams said.

Before his current troubles, Cain did not shy away from using race as a talking point, much to the consternation of liberal and independent blacks. He said blacks have been “brainwashed” into voting for Democrats in large numbers and he eschewed using the term “African-American,” preferring to call himself an “American black conservative.” He maligned Obama’s mixed-race identity, saying the president “has never been part of the black experience in America” and that Democrats are “doubly scared that a real black man might run against Barack Obama.”

And lastly:

But then again, Cain isn’t worried about what the majority of the black or other minority voters think of him yet, because there are few to be found in the Republican primaries he needs to win to be considered a legitimate national candidate. Cain must survive a grueling start to the GOP primary season that begins in Iowa and New Hampshire – states with marginal black populations – before heading south into South Carolina and Florida and then west to Nevada.

In denying the sex harassment allegations, Cain’s race talk became a defensive shield. He told Fox he thought his race influenced the decision to take the allegations public.

“I believe the answer is yes, but we do not have any evidence to support it,” he said.

Cain also used race as a cover while lashing out at nameless foes. “I’m a black conservative, and it is causing their heads to explode,” Cain told Hannity days after accusing GOP rival Gov. Rick Perry of Texas of leaking the sex harassment claims. Perry denies the charge.

If Cain survives his current predicament, the color of his skin will be negligible in the minds of Republicans, said Black, the political science professor.

“He’s the type of African-American they really like to support because he is saying the same things they believe,” Black said.

The race card player

Last edited:
well, i guess it is finally nice that republicans have blacks so they can finally play the race card......

i doubt this will affect him much since most republicans probably just think thats just the way black people act in general.........

i bet the final defense of cains will be "its a black thing and you white republicans wouldnt understand"........

Last edited:
Cain is just a nice, friendly guy who has a way with the ladies.

It is not his fault that they misinterpret his natural charm for offensive sexual behavior

This makes me sick. Herman Cain is disgusting; 4 woman come forward and yet all he does is accuse them of Racism. This isn't what the republican party needs...If it is I'm finished with the republican party.

Last edited:
This makes me sick. Herman Cain is disgusting; 4 woman come forward and yet all he does it accuse them of Racism. This isn't what the republican party needs...If it is I'm finished with the republican party.

He accused Rick Perry of racism yet no one on the right accused him of playing the card, which is standard when accusing anyone on the right of racism.

This makes me sick. Herman Cain is disgusting; 4 woman come forward and yet all he does is accuse them of Racism. This isn't what the republican party needs...If it is I'm finished with the republican party.

oh the drama..:lol:

Guess he suffers from drapetomania, huh Charlie?

Citing pseudoscientific mental conditions for Cain as an excuse for his race card playing?

No, sweetie. You are. The guy is black. He's also a Republican. Get over it. You didn't bitch about Obama playing the race card, so why criticize Cain?

And yet, you continually bitch about Obama playing the race card and give Cain a free ride

I watched that interview and I will say she was lying. Maybe he really harassed her but you could tell she was not telling the truth. And you can say it is not race but the similarities between this and Clarence Thomas is un-mistakable.

Guess he suffers from drapetomania, huh Charlie?

Citing pseudoscientific mental conditions for Cain as an excuse for his race card playing?

No, sweetie. You are. The guy is black. He's also a Republican. Get over it. You didn't bitch about Obama playing the race card, so why criticize Cain?

Typical right wing response, I'll play the same game, line up Obama's comments and place them next to Cain's a jester who on one hand claims that people fear him and "heads explode" because he's a black conservative" and yet when he accused Perry of starting the scandal because of race, where were *YOU* to accuse Cain of playing the race card? Don't annoy me with your "double standard arguments" when you contradict yourself and fault to uphold your own standard.

I watched that interview and I will say she was lying. Maybe he really harassed her but you could tell she was not telling the truth. And you can say it is not race but the similarities between this and Clarence Thomas is un-mistakable.

LOL, whatever, the women were given settlements in Cain's case and at any rate he's presenting himself as evasive and less than honest, whether on purpose or by design. The Tea Party and Koch brothers didn't train him on how to handle scandals.

And yet, you continually bitch about Obama playing the race card and give Cain a free ride
Yep....and it isn't just her. Quite a few of the "conservatives" on this board do it repeatedly.

If one lines up Obama's statements next to Cain's there is no doubt who the race card player is, it was Cain's people who brought up the "high tech lynching" statement a la Clarence Thomas. Armstrong Williams, a black Republican, said it right:

Black conservative commentator Armstrong Williams, who worked for Thomas when he headed the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, said some Republicans are put off by Cain’s claims of racism because they hate it when they are accused of being racist.

“Why is the first response from some conservatives that this must have to do with Cain’s race? That makes them guilty of the same race-baiting we accuse Democrats of,” Williams said.

CG is just arguing for the hell of arguing and she knows it because she thinks that pissing people off in the thread is a way to "win," well the facts don't lie.

LOL, whatever, the women were given settlements in Cain's case and at any rate he's presenting himself as evasive and less than honest, whether on purpose or by design. The Tea Party and Koch brothers didn't train him on how to handle scandals.

Musta got lessons from Billy Clinton

Look I say there was sexual harassment of the woman in the initial reports. But at the settlement of only 35,000 it was not something huge. Not something like this person is accusing if it had been then the award would have been huge. I’m thinking calling the woman babe or sweetheart. Something that is degrading but not of the extent the last woman smilingly proclaimed. Why would a person that wants the world to know they had been sexually harassed go and track down one of the biggest liberal activist attorneys to be with you when you tell your story? You would have to know a lot of people would not take you seriously. I think this will be found to be false and they are just hoping the damage will already be done.

Herman Cain never said this was racism. He said this is because he is a black conservative. Not because he is just black but because the fact that he is a conservative threatens the Liberal views that African Americans can not achieve anything without the help of the government. When it has been in reference to Obama is has just been because he was black and nothing more. That is certainly the race card and they play it for every thing. Don’t agree with his health care plan it is because you are racist. If you don’t believe in his economic ideas, it is because you are racist. You disagree with his decisions in foreign affairs it is because he is black. That is the race card.

Looks like not much of anybody cares, if Google's top news is any indication.

Top Stories
Carlos the Jackal
Mitt Romney
Silvio Berlusconi
Avril Lavigne
Michele Bachmann
Joe Paterno
Death of Michael Jackson
Justin Bieber
Israel
Daniel Ortega

Musta got lessons from Billy Clinton

And what Bill Clinton did WAS WRONG. He was impeached too...Stop the double standard.

Forum List

Back