CDZ Chances of a USA breakup

What do you think is the probability the USA will exist in its current form in 100 or so years?

• 0% to 25%

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • 25% to 50%

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 50% to 75%

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 75% to 100%

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

MPS777

Oct 20, 2017
As I’ve watched partisan animosity and hostility only ever increase over the course of my life, I’ve recently started to wonder if it will eventually “break” the USA. I’ve conjured up at least one scenario that I consider entirely plausible. It would start with either Texas or California seceding. If it was the result of a democratic referendum, I think it’s quite likely the rest of the country wouldn’t see fit to forcibly keep the state in the union. However, the loss of either Texas or California would put many other states in severe electoral college disadvantage ideologically. So now given the secession precedent had been set, I think it’s possible that many other states would secede in turn as not to be “lorded over” by an ideologically opposite people.

This is just one possible “breakup” scenario, however I can imagine others might also take place. Based purely on my own gut feeling, I think there’s only about a 50% chance of the United States lasting out the 21st century in its current form. But I’d like to get a broader opinion from others on their views, so I’m putting the question to a poll: What do you think the probability is that the USA will exist in its current form at the dawn of the 22nd century?

25-50%

Odds probably favor it breaking up into at least two countries as liberals aint going to like living within a third world country without public services.

"Odds probably favor it breaking up into at least two countries as liberals aint going to like living within a third world country without public services."

As long as there are functioning toilets and Nail Salons, that's all that should matter darling, functioning toilets and places to get a Manicure and Pedicure is all any Society needs :smoke:

: ) So said many Federalists/Anti Federalists, Hayes/Tilden supporters, Nixon/Kennedy supporters, and the Bush/Gore enraged. Still, here we are, thank God.

Just like before, one side will eventually get fed up enough to stomp the snot out of the other side, and that will be that.

If liberals try to leave the Union, they will suffer the same fate as the last time liberals tried that.

Actually Liberals created this country. Go directly to your local library and ask them to direct you to "history".
And pack a lunch. You have a lot of work to do.

The founding fathers would be viewed as Nazis by the left if they were alive today.

Breakup? No.

Steady decay into mediocrity? Sure. That's already begun.

Only one faction has decayed, and that is the regressive / reactionary right wing, which has gotten power. American history suggests the future will be progressive.
Yes, that is my guess. I'm expecting something in between France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain.

In with the crowd. Mediocre.

"Breaking up" will be a result of continued Progressive lunacy both on a fiscal level and moral one.

The nation will simply go belly up.

If liberals try to leave the Union, they will suffer the same fate as the last time liberals tried that.

Actually Liberals created this country. Go directly to your local library and ask them to direct you to "history".

Yes, but not liberal by the modern-day definition. They have nothing in common with the Founders.

The founding fathers would be viewed as Nazis by the left if they were alive today.

Hilarity aside, "left" isn't "Liberal". Again you have WAY a lot of work to do.

The only entity that tried seriously to secede in the nation's history was the Confederacy, and they clearly had nothing to do with Liberalism.

If Texas goes, the whole South and Midwest probably go with it. Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas and Louisiana for sure. The rest of the South probably. Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming and North & South Dakota eventually. I don't think the Northeastern states have the intestinal fortitude to fight another civil war.

If California goes, Oregon and Washington probably go with it. The Red States would be happy to see them go, so no civil war their either.

Whether it will happen? I doubt it. America will become Western Europe, then nothing...

Yes, but not liberal by the modern-day definition. They have nothing in common with the Founders.

There is no "modern-day definition". Liberal means Liberal, period. You can't morph a word into its own opposite. Those that misuse the term with no idea what they're talking about need to learn from their mistake. Let us not enable them.

There is no "modern-day definition". Liberal means Liberal, period. You can't morph a word into its own opposite. Those that misuse the term with no idea what they're talking about need to learn from their mistake. Let us not enable them.

Liberals want to remove founding father monuments/statues. That speaks for itself.

New Topics

Forum List

Back