Challenge to Creationists/IDers

The Earth was not created in 7 days. Science directly contradicts the bible.

IF you interpret "days" to mean "24 hour earth days" then you set this up to be FALSE.
(That does not even make sense, how can the steps of creation be measured in "earth days" if the earth and sun were not yet created?)

IF you interpret "days" to mean ages or stages, then that is consistent with the idea of historic periods of development.

Science does not have to "contradict the Bible."
It represents spiritual human history, so of course it relies on interpreting symbols
to capture the past and future and all stages of life and development toward maturity.

Like I said: "Science contradicts a LITERAL reading of the bible."

The following bears repeating. . . .

You have certainly not showed how ID is falsifiable. Claiming that Pasteur's law is the foundation of I.D. is laughable.

This statement is false.

Pasteurian biogenesis is the foundation of ID. The prevailing first principle of biology is omne vivum ex vivo, i.e., all [biological] life is from [biological] life. ID science proceeds from this maxim. More specifically, the various organic precursors of biological systems do not possess the inherent, self-ordering chemical properties that would enable them to formulate the self-replicating components of specified complexity found in living organisms. ID theory 101.

This theory stands, and it is falsifiable.

As I have written elsewhere:

Pasteur's axiom stands, and it most certainly is of a nature that is subject to falsification, a circumstance that nearly sixty years of prebiotic research necessarily concedes. Indeed, proponents of abiogenesis had in the beginning quite casually expected to falsify it, only to reinforce its validity with their research instead.​

By all means, show me how you can falsify the existence of whatever supernatural force you are going to evoke to cite I.D. as a legitimate theory.

By all means keep lying, for ID is not concerned with the nature of the potential designer, but with the nature and order of living organisms, i.e., with the empirical data only and what they evince about origins.

Your prattle is just another page from The Book of Fanatical Scientism, the political rhetoric employed to obscure the true nature and concerns of ID science.

Forum List

Back