Challeng for anti-Evolutionists

Hagbard Celine said:
Right, man made a "choice." But what I'm saying is that God created the potential for evil to exist by putting the tree there, placing the serpent in the garden to tempt man and giving man curiosity. If he had just left the tree out, there would have never been sin.

And the "free choice" man made could have never been free if God is omnipotent because he would have known that man would disobey him.

In that particular scenario, yes. He forbade them to eat from the tree and allowed the snake to enter in order to tempt them into going against his word, thus reaping the consequences. Up that point, they did not know what sin was, they were free from sin. This is an example of consequences resluting from the choices YOU make. Not of God creating all evil so you can decide to obey or not.

Hagbard Celine said:
Yeah, I didn't put my dog into the house, I "allowed it to enter." C'mon, that's weak and you know it. Why would God even create the serpent if he didn't intend it to live in the garden with all the other animals?

stop being so literal and se it fro what it is......God allowed temptation to enter mans world.....it creates free choice for man the abilty to see right from wrong to chose to be good or evil....it creats and intersting place for man to live and grow and learn

manu1959 said:
it is all a matter of perspective.....as i see it.....God gave man a world full of choices.....if you were God would you create a place without choices.....would you create a place polulated by perfect things?....you would create a place where there are chioces.....a place where you have taught moral and ethical behaviour standards......man's choices create evil.....you are tempted every day what do you choose.....God created man in his image....God chooses not to be evil.....man is striving to be good and live up to that image.....life is a struggle....the image of God is what we strive for.
I agree. But what I'm arguing is that the choices we make only seem free to us because, unlike God, we can't see our own futures. And that since God created everything, it's only logical to assume that "everything" includes "evil" because evil is a part of "everything."

Hagbard Celine said:
I agree. But what I'm arguing is that the choices we make only seem free to us because, unlike God, we can't see our own futures. And that since God created everything, it's only logical to assume that "everything" includes "evil" because evil is a part of "everything."

Every day, we have the choice to be 'god like' and loving, or 'other' and unloving. It's obvious where most of us 'choose' to go...

Hagbard Celine said:
Yeah, I didn't put my dog into the house, I "allowed it to enter." C'mon, that's weak and you know it. Why would God even create the serpent if he didn't intend it to live in the garden with all the other animals?

No, it's not weak. The serpant was Satan. God knew he was there in the from of a serpant and that he would try to tempt Adam and Eve into eating from the tree. God had the obvious power to remove him, but didn't. Had he removed Satan (who is supposedly all around us, creating temptation) he would have removed Adam and Eve's power of choice.

Said1 said:
In that particular scenario, yes. He forbade them to eat from the tree and allowed the snake to enter in order to tempt them into going against his word, thus reaping the consequences. Up that point, they did not know what sin was, they were free from sin. This is an example of consequences resluting from the choices YOU make. Not of God creating all evil so you can decide to obey or not.
I've never argued that man shouldn't reap consequences for his actions. That's some trumped-up bullsh*t that the other posters on this board have implied that I'm doing here. All I'm doing is arguing that God created evil. Evil is a part of existence and God created existence. Before God created existence, there was a void. How could anything in existence exist if God did not create it?

Hagbard Celine said:
I've never argued that man shouldn't reap consequences for his actions. That's some trumped-up bullsh*t that the other posters on this board have implied that I'm doing here. All I'm doing is arguing that God created evil. Evil is a part of existence and God created existence. Before God created existence, there was a void. How could anything in existence exist if God did not create it?

Hmmm, Thomas Aquinas I am not. God didn't create evil or the concept of evil. Satan did, a fallen angel that God mourned.

Hagbard Celine said:

God allows evil to exist, but doesn't create it.....in all situations. Satan creates evil, it's up to us to follow the word of Satan or God.

Hagbard Celine said:

God can not see your future either as he gave you the ability to make choices......same as adam and eve....and no matter your choices God still loves you and God's philosophy will guide you again tomorrow no matter the choices you make today.

Said1 said:
No, it's not weak. The serpant was Satan. God knew he was there in the from of a serpant and that he would try to tempt Adam and Eve into eating from the tree. God had the obvious power to remove him, but didn't. Had he removed Satan (who is supposedly all around us, creating temptation) he would have removed Adam and Eve's power of choice.
There's an even earlier example of God creating evil than the tree of knowledge! God created Satan! The king of evil!

Hagbard Celine said:
God created Satan who creates evil.

Satan chose to be evil.....God created a world of free choice.....God created a world with guidelines and moral and ethical boundaries to allow us to know good from evil and explore relationships....God did not create a controlling anal retentive prison with a predestined outcome.....

if God created us in his image then i will ask you what type of world would you create....if you look inward then you will know what type of world...one where we are free to chose right from wrong and one where right and wrong exist and one where we try to forgive those that choose incorrectly and one where we try to be accepting of those different from ourselves.....

Mr. P said:
Same place I do I suppose. If God created "everything" that would include evil and Satan. If not who created Satan?

God created the environment....satan created satan......

manu1959 said:
satan was a good angle that made bad choices and was cast out....
Wouldn't an omnipotent creator like God know beforehand what decisions his creations would make? Isn't that what omnipotence is all about?

Forum List

Back