Censorship = Bullshit

They don't bleep "humbug" ... it's one of the most foul things to say .. but they don't bleep it on public television ... it's worse than saying bullshit actually ... Penn And Teller Bullshit - Television Tropes & Idioms

Are you saying the word "humbug" is worse than "bullshit"?? Why? It's not a profanity.

I don't get any of the premium channels, so can't watch P&T, but I've seen them perform and they're hilarious. FX doesn't bleep anything except the the F-word. "Bullshit" is used all the time on Sons of Anarchy, and all the other excellent seasonal dramas they do.

I like your new avatar; very creative. Looks like you're celebrating a new year already.

They don't bleep "humbug" ... it's one of the most foul things to say .. but they don't bleep it on public television ... it's worse than saying bullshit actually ... Penn And Teller Bullshit - Television Tropes & Idioms

Are you saying the word "humbug" is worse than "bullshit"?? Why? It's not a profanity.

I don't get any of the premium channels, so can't watch P&T, but I've seen them perform and they're hilarious. FX doesn't bleep anything except the the F-word. "Bullshit" is used all the time on Sons of Anarchy, and all the other excellent seasonal dramas they do.

I like your new avatar; very creative. Looks like you're celebrating a new year already.

Thanks for the compliment. Humbug is actually profanity, it was once used in place of the word bullshit actually, the meaning is the same, and was (prior to the FCC bullshit) considered an extremely "bad" word, very insulting. Just as today the words "crap" and "heck" are very foul language, but some power hungry moron decided that real foul language isn't what is censored, only the words they don't like. So ... my point ... either censor everything that offends anyone, or nothing is censored and parents can start taking responsibility for their own kids, and the rest of us can watch what we want to. ;)

There is one really good episode of "Bullshit" that shows what the world would be like if everything that offended anyone was removed (not each person but each "group") ... no food ... no clothing ... nothing. So, you can't please everyone, and humbug is very offensive to people who actually know what it means, just like every slang word.

Forum List

Back