Celibacy

jillian said:
How about posting a link to that? Or is some blogger's opinion supposed to be compelling?

D'uh! :duh3: ;)

D'uh - I did post the link - with the original post. AND it's been posted twice since then. Try harder.

Interesting post. I agree with you, roomy - way too many whack-jobs getting away with way too many things these days. The abuser being pitied because he's an ex-abusee is just not good enough.

As for the question about what motivates rape - I think the main driving force is sex. Frustration and negative feelings about the target may come into it - often rapists talk about wanting to punish women, their mothers, the ex-wives etc . . .

The domination and power thing is an important point, though. Hence the reason some men rape children, old ladies etc. Maybe they're inadequate and unable to maintain anything resembling a normal relationship with women - perhaps they feel emasculated by a woman boss, their wife, their mother . . whatever . . . some men rape other men because they are repressed homosexuals . . . or to be perfectly crude about it - because they're in prison or stuck someplace where another man is the only available orifice!

The motives are probably as varied as the men who commit the rapes. No one easy answer.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
HopeandGlory said:
Interesting post. I agree with you, roomy - way too many whack-jobs getting away with way too many things these days. The abuser being pitied because he's an ex-abusee is just not good enough.

As for the question about what motivates rape - I think the main driving force is sex. Frustration and negative feelings about the target may come into it - often rapists talk about wanting to punish women, their mothers, the ex-wives etc . . .

The domination and power thing is an important point, though. Hence the reason some men rape children, old ladies etc. Maybe they're inadequate and unable to maintain anything resembling a normal relationship with women - perhaps they feel emasculated by a woman boss, their wife, their mother . . whatever . . . some men rape other men because they are repressed homosexuals . . . or to be perfectly crude about it - because they're in prison or stuck someplace where another man is the only available orifice!

The motives are probably as varied as the men who commit the rapes. No one easy answer.

^
|

I think that's a pretty good post; and about right. :)

rtwngAvngr said:
BUt it is partially about sex. So saying it has nothig to do with sex is assinine.

I was just about to make the same point. If it was only about violence, there would be no sexual component.

Some people like their sex with violence, or perhaps their violence with sex. Crossed wires, I assume.

Abbey Normal said:
I was just about to make the same point. If it was only about violence, there would be no sexual component.

Some people like their sex with violence, or perhaps their violence with sex. Crossed wires, I assume.

I've had this debate with rabid feminists. It's about violence AND sex. It's not just about violence, but violence/force/submission rather than consent, is where it's at.

Forum List

Back