Zone1 Those who refuse to maintain sexual chastity... scream at others, saying Chastity is abnormal

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
I've noticed this.. been on the forum for some time now.. but have noticed it in society in general:

Whenever there is a story about priests or so called priests molesting children, it's like OMG OMG! Celibacy is to blame! It is abnormal for a man to be celibate all his life.

Gee... I guess Jesus was abnormal, too, wasn't He?

Who knew???

Then the saints.. they were celibate (if not married). So they're a bunch of abnormal freaks also, I guess.

obviously, this says more about the accusers than the accused..

:45:

Most men who molest children are... guess what?

Married.

Normal to the world is what is average, unless you are talking about gay folk. Then all of a sudden, not being normal needs to be celebrated as normal.

Hypocrisy 101

• Banned
Normal to the world is what is average, unless you are talking about gay folk. Then all of a sudden, not being normal needs to be celebrated as normal.
right on

the new normal... aint..

But hey.. we have to have freedom, don't we? I miss the old days, the days I never actually lived in (LOL)

middle ages.. the Church was the center of society..

really sad that is no longer the case... :(

• Banned
What some call Natural is just perverse and very UN-natural

It is un-natural, for instance, for people to have sex just bc society says they should...

which it does..

As to chastity being normal or abnormal, it can be determined in the same way mental illness is determined.
I'll leave the answer to those who want to know, rather than stating it.

I'll just say that being 'abnormal' isn't always a derogatory term.

Chastity is a religious concept that has a long history of repression. Choose it for yourself and no one cares. Try to impose it on others or use it to excuse bad behavior and you have a problem.

Gee... I guess Jesus was abnormal, too, wasn't He?

Who knew???

Then the saints.. they were celibate (if not married). So they're a bunch of abnormal freaks also, I guess.

Adult men?
Yes that is abnormal. Celibacy is not normal

Did Jesus jerk off?
Most humans do

Chastity is a religious concept that has a long history of repression. Choose it for yourself and no one cares. Try to impose it on others or use it to excuse bad behavior and you have a problem.
I must admit I bang lots of women but don't care if other folks choose to remain celibate.

What some call Natural is just perverse and very UN-natural
It is un-natural, for instance, for people to have sex just bc society says they should...
which it does..

Biology says that.

Natural selection.

And, in fact even God says so.

I am not much into trashing other religions, but this is something that I think Catholicism has got very, very, very wrong. God wants us to marry, God wants us to have sex (appropriately, within marriage) He wants us to be fruitful and multiply. That was the first command that He gave to Adam and Even and he has never told us otherwise.

The Catholic emphasis on celibacy for those who go into religious vocations is, I think, completely and utterly wrong, and a willful rebellion against God. It's not what God means for us or wants for us, and it is, in fact, a violation of God and of nature.

Forum List

Back