Celebrity Dial-Tone (Fan-Forced?)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a 'celebrity-universe slideshow parable' I cooked up. I really like it, and it was inspired by The House of the Spirits (film adaptation!).

I also got the idea for this parable from the video-game The Sims 3: World Adventures (Electronic Arts).

Cheers,

====

"I'm a poet...and a celebrity. Does that make me somehow vain? No! I think a lot about what idol-worship means to me and those who adore me as fans (since many of them are idealistic youngsters). After all, wasn't civilization progressing towards a Shangri-La oriented 'daydream camp' or Utopia? I'm a poet...and a celebrity."

f7.jpg

"I walked into a pub one day and noticed to very gifted 'celebrities' enjoying beer together at a corner-table. They didn't wan to be ogled. They only wanted to enjoy the atmosphere of the New England pub (sort of out-of-the-way) they were visiting. This wasn't the kind of pub which would see a psycho celebrity-stalker visiting and stumbling upon celebrities such as these. I took a photo of the two celebs drinking beer. I kept the photo..."

f6.jpg

"Look, I know you're a terrific actor and all, but I want to see a host of movie-stars in one special film I'm co-directing with two of my favorite film-maker friends (Romero and Craven) about ghosts of celebrities and famous media-personalities dancing around the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center (NYC) as 'omen-chanting' Scrooge-prophets. The film will be called Christmas with Demigods. So, I know you're a great actor, but this film is really about idols, man!"

f3.jpg

"The film intrigues me, especially since I've won a Golden Globe already and am quite satisfied with my on-stage and public spotlight (career). However, my 'celebrity-pals' and I aren't that concerned about our 'Christmas spirit' and don't see the priority of making a Scrooge-film, especially since two of my celebrity friends (female actresses of note) are putting together a special Christmas Eve campfire tarot-card reading black-magic performance 'game,' and I plan to be the proverbial 'Master of Ceremonies.' I have no time for your 'dystopian daydreams,' friend!"

f5.jpg

"Walt Disney had a vision. To unite the world with child-like imagination and harmless factory-daydreams. We saw Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Ariel the Mermaid, Snow White, and a host of other storytelling beauties/spirits shine on the world stage and elevate the hearts and minds of human beings worried about Wall Street and war. Disney gave the world its first 'museum sculpture' of the prophetic Shangri-La (which incidentally two well-respected film-makers --- Frederico Fellini and Woody Allen) explored (rather lustrously) in iconic films (La Dolce Vita and Celebrity). That's why many American parents want to buy Disney wrist-watches for their daydreaming kids!"

f2.jpg

"God said to Adam --- 'the World is not about Disney wrist-watches for young boys running around with toy water-pistols. The world is about coordinating fantasy with teamwork and productivity (i.e., the United Nations).' Adam replied to God --- 'I know exactly what you mean, Sir. That's why I collect thousands of comic books which present fantastic images of groups of extraordinary 'beings' (or 'superhumans') engaged in incredible adventures. After all, don't you want me and Eve to be a part of something...immortal'?"

f1.jpg

"That was my presentation of the metaphysical impact of celebrity-consciousness, Mr. Hawking. While you seem to believe the universe is 'innocent' by the depth of mysterious black holes (or voids in space!), I think that the universe is 'innocent' by the complex splendor of fantastic human beings (e.g., celebrities) engaged in all kinds of 'sensuous behaviors.' I think humanity is evolving, and evolving to become...myths! THE END."

====

:dance:

Forum List

Back