Celebrations...

D

deciophobic

What are some of the best sports celebrations you have seen? If you don't like when people celebrate, which ones do you hate the most?

I was just watching PTI and they showed a track athlete (William Greene) and after he won the 100 he took of his shoes and had a friend "put out the fire" in them with a fire extinguisher. This is by far the coolest I have seen. I also like T.O's sharpie, cuz it was original.

I detest every over-the-top end zone performance. To me, a PROFESSIONAL player should, upon scoring:

a) Act like he's been there before.
b) Act like he'll be there again.

Spike the ball..high-fives...little 'Sprinkler' that's fine. :)

I think it's :bs1: personally. Spike the ball, pump your fist, that's fine. But you should go over to the sideline and celebrate there. I'm tired of watching football players celebrate every touchdown like they just won the Super Bowl.

Now if your TD actually did win the Super Bowl, then maybe I could understand an exception.

Sort of different, and I forget which player and which year it was....

But I think it as last year's Slam Dunk competition when someone finished a crazy-ass dunk by hanging from the rim by the crook of their elbow. That was cool.

Other than that, like -=d-=- said, real champs don't need to go too nuts because thay have done it before and will most definitely do it again.

That said, if you go yard for the first time in your life against major league pitching--do your dance, bro...

Best running back of all time said it best:

Act like youve been there before..and you will be back again.

Barry Sanders

Originally posted by Jackass
Best running back of all time said it best:

Act like youve been there before..and you will be back again.

Barry Sanders

Hmm, is that where -=d=- got his info? lol

Someone's gotta help me out with this memory... its late and it'll drive me nuts if I cant get it.

After reading this thread, it made me think of a game which I'm almost sure the Browns were playing (against hte steelers?)... upon completion of a play, one of the Browns (?) players (after thinking the clock ran out) took off his helmet and starting to do his celebration dance, only to find the clock hadnt run out and he was penalized for taking his helmet off. Because of that penalty, they went on to lose that game.

Anyone remember specifics?

Forum List

Back