Cease-Fire Holds Between Israel, Hamas, Hamas Celebrates With National Holiday

Just one more VICTORY in the Palestinian people's quest for freedom from zionist tyranny and terrorism. :thup:

Dead pal-arabs and untold property damage is a victory?

Onward, brain-dead converts.

But Israel was doing all the killing and wrecking all the havoc in Gaza, why don't you deal with those FACTS?

Probably because your FACTS are not true----sherri you are quite a shallow minded,
LIAR
RETURN FIRE IS NEVER ILLEGAL----those who shoot and expect not to
get return fire and then complain "THEY DID IT"------are criminals who create their own problems. Those who invent LAWS like "occupiers" have no right to self defense are effectively comitting murder with their INVENTED LAWS which encourage the
naive shooters to murder their own children

Last edited:
With a tenuous cease-fire in place and no rocket fire between Israel and Hamas for the first time in more than a week, Palestinians have begun to clean up rubble and damage inflicted by Israeli missiles.

People in Gaza filled the streets Thursday morning, inspecting damage to homes and businesses. Overnight, gunfire erupted in the crowded streets of the Palestinian enclave to celebrate the announcement of a cease-fire in the bloody conflict between Israel and Hamas, the Palestinian militant political group that essentially controlsl the Gaza Strip.

"It's a nice message from Palestinians - don't mess with Palestinians," said Jalal Marzen Wednesday night during a celebration outside Gaza's Al-Shifa Hospital. He and others pointed to the targeting of Tel Aviv by Hamas rockets as a shifting in the balance of power, arguing Israel's calculations would be forced to change ahead of the next flare-up. "It's huge, it's huge for us!" Marzen exclaimed.

Later, however, Israeli officials said several missiles from Gaza flew into Israel after the cease-fire. Israel did not respond with the air srikes that have blanketed Gaza in the past week.

Hamas has declared Nov. 22 a national holiday and said it would be celebrated every year.

"We call on everyone to celebrate, visit the families of martyrs, the wounded, those who lost homes," Hamas said.

"For first time, the Israeli people felt what bombs mean, what rockets mean, what war means, what killing people means," said clothing store owner Bassem Diazeda, who said he only became a supporter of Hamas since the escalation.

Cease-Fire Holds Between Hamas, Israel, Hamas Declares Holiday - ABC News

Once again, the Arabs climb over the dead bodies and smoking debris and proclaim victory. Some people just look for reasons to throw a party. Hamas fired about 1500 rockets into Israel. Fewer than 4% of them, less than sixty, exploded in inhabited areas. The IAF flew about 1500 combat missions, many of them hitting more than one target, so probably somewhere between 3,000 and 6,000 bombs exploded in Gaza.

Ahmed: It's a great victory! We could go to my house to celebrate if I still had a house.

Muhammed: I could ask my wife to prepare a celebratory meal for us if I still had a wife.

Together: But Hamas has achieved a great victory for us, and Sherri will post pictures of our victory on USMB.

Ahmed: Let me help you, you still have a piece of shrapnel lodged in your head.

Muhammed: Thank you very much.

It may have been a victory for the Hamas leadership, but not for the people of Gaza.

Forum List

Back