CDC: Firearm-related homicides rose 30 percent between 2014 and 2016

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
The number of firearm-related homicides in the U.S. increased by 31 percent from 2014 to 2016, according to a new analysis released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The number of firearm related homicides increased from 11,008 in 2014 to 14,415 in 2016, the CDC says, after being relatively stable from 2010 to 2014.

More concealed carry and weakening gun laws and more homicides.

Yet, for some reason, despite all this, the least likely to commit a crime are Concealed Permit holders.

New Study: Over 14.5 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in the number of permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

In fact, the police are more likely to commit a crime than a citizen with a Concealed Carry Permit.

Oh, and the crime most often committed by the Concealed Carry holders? You’re going to love this I’m sure. Forgetting to carry their permit, while they are carrying the gun. Like Driving without a license, you have to have it with you.

Yet, for some reason, despite all this, the least likely to commit a crime are Concealed Permit holders.

New Study: Over 14.5 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in the number of permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

In fact, the police are more likely to commit a crime than a citizen with a Concealed Carry Permit.

Oh, and the crime most often committed by the Concealed Carry holders? You’re going to love this I’m sure. Forgetting to carry their permit, while they are carrying the gun. Like Driving without a license, you have to have it with you.
There are plenty of bad ones:
VPC: Concealed Carry Killers
They sure don't seem to be lowering homicides rates are they?

How many of them are helping arm the bad guys?
Criminals steal more than 237,000 guns from legal American gun owners every year

I'm not sure how it's that low given the 20 or so that die every weekend in the big cities... 14k leaves almost nothing left over for the rest of the country...

I'm not sure how it's that low given the 20 or so that die every weekend in the big cities... 14k leaves almost nothing left over for the rest of the country...
Many of the mass shootings aren't in big cities. There is death for everyone.

Mass shootings are rare. I bet if you look into it at least 90% of those gun deaths are in big cities, drug/gang shit.

Mass shootings are rare. I bet if you look into it at least 90% of those gun deaths are in big cities, drug/gang shit.
I would assume many happen where the population is yes. We have mass shootings quite regularly here. They are rare where there is strong gun control.

I would assume many happen where the population is yes. We have mass shootings quite regularly here. They are rare where there is strong gun control.
Then get off your ass and change the constitution. If you don’t want to do that move to one of those countries you so admire.

The number of firearm-related homicides in the U.S. increased by 31 percent from 2014 to 2016, according to a new analysis released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The number of firearm related homicides increased from 11,008 in 2014 to 14,415 in 2016, the CDC says, after being relatively stable from 2010 to 2014.

The facts state otherwise. Counties that are Shall issue, witness less crime than violent third world type shitholes that have gun bans. Like your chicago. Want to know something else interesting about chicago? It has 150,000 KNOWN gang members. So, who's going to commit a violent crime in chicago? The non existent CCW holders, or the gang bangers?

I have no idea where you live, but we have zero gun control and mass shootings isn't even on the radar, anymore. We had an issue with it in the 80's because the cripts (sp?) and bloods tried to move in up here and started a huge gang war; but our police knew where they were and we sicked the FBI on them, chased them out and we went back to pretty much only drug dealers/buyers out in the middle of the night get shot up here. Well other than criminals getting shot trying to break into folks' homes, but unlike the CDC statistics and gun-nuts, I actually count those as good gun deaths/"murders".

The facts state otherwise. Counties that are Shall issue, witness less crime than violent third world type shitholes that have gun bans. Like your chicago. Want to know something else interesting about chicago? It has 150,000 KNOWN gang members. So, who's going to commit a violent crime in chicago? The non existent CCW holders, or the gang bangers?
Most of the country violent crime has been increasing. In strong gun control New York City it has been going down.

Most of the country violent crime has been increasing. In strong gun control New York City it has been going down.

Hmmm, that's not what the papers are saying. Looks like you're lying again. Go figure.

New York City Murders on the Rise in 2018, NYPD Data Shows

One must remember that the death by firearms statistics includes the death of the criminals as well.

One must remember that the death by firearms statistics includes the death of the criminals as well.
Very few criminals die in justifiable homicides.

Hmmm, that's not what the papers are saying. Looks like you're lying again. Go figure.

2018 isn't over yet.

NYC homicide rate lowest since WWII, stats show

Non police justifiably kill more than twice as many bad guys as cops do. So, no, you are flat wrong.

Non police justifiably kill more than twice as many bad guys as cops do. So, no, you are flat wrong.
Why do you always lie?
Law enforcement: 442
Private citizens: 328
Number of justifiable homicides in the U.S. 2007-2015 | Statistic

You are going to tell me 328 is a big number? Many of those are just homicides without a witness.

Why do you always lie?
Law enforcement: 442
Private citizens: 328
Number of justifiable homicides in the U.S. 2007-2015 | Statistic

You are going to tell me 328 is a big number? Many of those are just homicides without a witness.

That is one year. The years I have looked at it was far higher in favor of the private citizen. And you have no clue what the circumstances were for the shootings. You lie like a rug.

Forum List

Back