CBS' Nancy Drew Will Be Diverse

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Could someone explain to me why this is discrimination and/or racism?
[FONT=RobotoTHR, sans-serif]CBS' Nancy Drew Will Be Diverse[/FONT]
CBS Entertainment president Glenn Geller revealed Tuesday that the network's reimagining of the iconic character will be diverse.
"She is diverse, that is the way she is written," the executive toldTHR immediately following his time in front of the press at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour Tuesday. While Geller said it was too early in the process to explain just what he meant by diverse — whether Nancy is African-American, Asian-American or Latino, he said it would hinge on finding the right actress for the part. "[She will] not [be] Caucasian," he stressed. "I'd be open to any ethnicity."

Who the fuck is Nancy Drew?
Here's a millennial or younger. . . .

. . . or someone who never picked up a book.

But that's six of one, half dozen of another. :rofl:

Picked up what kind of book, dingbat? Do you read tech manuals on 16-inch, 50-caliber Naval weapons? Am I to assume everyone does?
Don't be a fucking dense shitstain all your life son.

CBS Entertainment president Glenn Geller revealed Tuesday that the network's reimagining of the iconic character will be diverse.
"She is diverse, that is the way she is written," the executive toldTHR immediately following his time in front of the press at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour Tuesday. While Geller said it was too early in the process to explain just what he meant by diverse — whether Nancy is African-American, Asian-American or Latino, he said it would hinge on finding the right actress for the part. "[She will] not [be] Caucasian," he stressed. "I'd be open to any ethnicity."
She's a black lesbian married to an Asian lesbian who is having an affair with a Mexican transvestite.

Series of mystery books featuring Nancy Drew a teenage girl detective, very popular back in the 60's, 70's and 80's (I think the series actually originated back in the 30's or 40's).
One would think millennials at least would know how to use Google.

Google what? Nancy Drew? I honestly don't give a flying fuck who she is/what she's done, fudgepacker. That's your fucking problem.

Nancy Drew is a fictional character from a very popular series of mystery books. Too be honest, I am bit shocked people do not know of her. Drew has been around for 80 years or so.

She's a black lesbian married to an Asian lesbian who is having an affair with a Mexican transvestite.

I see you've read the book as well. lol

Here's a millennial or younger. . . .

. . . or someone who never picked up a book.

But that's six of one, half dozen of another. :rofl:

Picked up what kind of book, dingbat? Do you read tech manuals on 16-inch, 50-caliber Naval weapons? Am I to assume everyone does?
Don't be a fucking dense shitstain all your life son.

Take it down a notch, hard ass.

Nancy Drew is a fictional character from a very popular series of mystery books. Too be honest, I am bit shocked people do not know of her. Drew has been around for 80 years or so.
Not as popular as she used to be I suppose, back when I was in High School, bringing up Nancy Drew was sure fire conversation starter with girls ("Oh you like Nancy Drew books? I love her" she'd ask "Oh yeah, they're great, can't wait for the next one to come out" I'd lie :D) . I'd imagine the advent of the Internet and video games has diminished ole Nancy's appeal.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Not as popular as she used to be I suppose, back when I was in High School, bringing up Nancy Drew as sure fire conversation starter with girls ("Oh you like Nancy Drew books? I love her" she'd ask "Oh yeah, they're great, can't wait for the next one to come out" I'd lie :D) . I'd imagine the advent of the Internet and video games has diminished ole Nancy's appeal.

Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys were not strangers in our house growing up and I am still relativity young. Admittedly, I was terribly shy and a bit of book worm as kid. I think Nancy got shoved aside by Harry Potter. Another series I absolutely love.

Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys were not strangers in our house growing up and I am still relativity young. Admittedly, I was terribly shy and a bit of book worm as kid. I think Nancy got shoved aside by Harry Potter. Another series I absolutely love.
Ahh.. good point, Harry is the new Nancy... with spells and sheat. :D

I'd imagine the advent of the Internet and video games has diminished ole Nancy's appeal.
With well over 175 different stories spanning a few publishers since 1930, and most being available continuously, I'd say that if the popularity has dropped, it hasn't dropped much.
As to games, this one company has put out something like 30+ ND video games. I'd assume they're selling well, since they are still putting them out.

tumblr_ldj98nOxqE1qfvra2o1_500.gif

tumblr_ldj98nOxqE1qfvra2o1_500.gif
Maybe Ginny or Hermione need to disappear and Harry and Ron will have to cable across the Atlantic to call in Nancy and the boys to help find them. :lol:

I'd imagine the advent of the Internet and video games has diminished ole Nancy's appeal.
With well over 175 different stories spanning a few publishers since 1930, and most being available continuously, I'd say that if the popularity has dropped, it hasn't dropped much.
As to games, this one company has put out something like 30+ ND video games. I'd assume they're selling well, since they are still putting them out.

That's cool, it's comforting to know that at least some icons from my childhood still survive and thrive.. now if we can just figure out a way to resurrect the "Six Million Dollar Man".... of course today he'd have to be the "Six TRILLION Dollar Man", $6 million wouldn't even buy Steve Austin a decent nose job these days. :D

Forum List

Back