CBO: Obama stimulus still boosting jobs

The Unemployment rate was 8.2% when Obama signed the 'crapulus' bill into law in Fed 2009. We were told it would keep the rate from going above that level.

Since it was signed, the rate was below 9% only 4 of the 28 months that have passed.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

It did shit to the rate.

It kept the rate from going to 11% or more.

no one....NO ONE...predicted the rate was going to 11%.

Not one economists on the left and not one on the right.

So I find that rationalization as a sign of "what the fuck did we do wrong"......

Well that proves you never actually read the Romer/Bernstein report.

1 Forecasts of the unemployment rate without the recovery plan vary substantially. Some private forecasters anticipate
unemployment rates as high as 11% in the absence of action.

Guess what that's from...

The net effect of simulus money (or the lack of it) migrates through the economy long after most of us aren't thinking about it.

Do I think that the stimulus probably saved some jobs and perhaps created some others?

Of course I do, how could I not?

Do I think that the stimulus was well designed or large enough to truly deal with the massive loss of capital (or the perception of wealth) that occurred because of the RE meltdown and then the BNASTERS' meltdown?

Obviously not.

I guess Romer wasnt affiliated with the administration.

Barack Obama's Stimulus Plan: Failing by Its Own Measure - TIME

You've obviously never read the actual report.

Nope. I read and watched the news
Obviously you didnt read it OR watch the news. You read the blogs.

So I read the actual report and you didn't, but you think you know what it said because you believe what the 'news' told you it said?

Comon, man. Please. Stop making me be rude.

So I find that rationalization as a sign of "what the fuck did we do wrong"......

1 Forecasts of the unemployment rate without the recovery plan vary substantially. Some private forecasters anticipate

Wow, and to think it almost hit that with the stimulus... Guess we should never listen to these guys huh?

What's more fun is the fact that the only reason UE goes down now is because people are falling off the ass end faster than they join *some months* lol... So the real UE number is in fact well above 11%.

Hmmm.,...and please tell me who those private forecasters were.
Did they identify them...or are they "un-named sources".

Jeez...I give up.

The ONLY people claiming the stimulus did not work are partisan hacks.

Every other unbiased source says they worked.

The average Jane and Joe know better.

yup we can see how horrible the economy and job market is with our own 2 eyes.

you mean the average Jane and Joe dont fall for the ole "imagine how much worse it COULD be" and "its getting better, you just dont see it yet" and lets not forget the compelling argument of "you are employed, you just dont know it"

Basically the reality for those of us who are living under Obamanomics is that the economy is bad, its not growing, and people aren't hiring for decent wage jobs.

You've obviously never read the actual report.

Nope. I read and watched the news
Obviously you didnt read it OR watch the news. You read the blogs.

So I read the actual report and you didn't, but you think you know what it said because you believe what the 'news' told you it said?

Comon, man. Please. Stop making me be rude.

I dont know you....but something tells me you dont need me for you to be rude.

But just as I suspected...another lefty that casts blame on others for his own actions.

And yes, what I heard on the news was pretty much confirmed by a multitude of other news sources...so I did not feel the need to read the report itself.

Did you believe we landed on the moon or did you have to go there yourself and see the flag to believe it?

Thanks for avoiding my questions TM, not like you at all to do that lol.

BTW I guess Obama is a partisan hack because he admits the stimulus didn't work.

Man TM, you're really good at making the left look stupid... Keep it up, please, you're doing a wonderful job... I hear Obama's approval rating just went down and his disapproval rating went even higher! You're doing great!

Credit to "Conservative" who posted the following in response to the first time you said that...and of course, you ignored it...so here it is again...

again...

I guess that includes Christina Romer, huh...
Outgoing Obama Admin Economist admits Stimulus Failed

...and the current VP...
Slow Joe Biden Says Stimulus Failed Because Economy was Worse than Thought

...and Sen. Landrieu...
Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) Admits That Obama’s Stimulus Has Fallen Short Of Expectations

yeah thats why business, since the stimulus, is down 30%....because it worked so good?

Thats why unemployment is still at 9%

Thats also why the markets are so volitile.

Or was the intention of the administration and democrat congress to hurt the economy? That would be the only way you can say it worked.

THIS JUST IN!!!

Next Week NY/TM and RW tell us the economy is FAILING and how it's all the Tea Party’s fault!!!!!

Until then they will argue the economy is doing better and it's all because of Obama...

So, see you at the flip flop party next week!

Credit to "Conservative" who posted the following in response to the first time you said that...and of course, you ignored it...so here it is again...

again...

...and the current VP...

...and Sen. Landrieu...
Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) Admits That Obama’s Stimulus Has Fallen Short Of Expectations
4 times now, and the moron ignores it.

WHY DOES TM IGNORE THE PREPONDERANCE OF EVIDENCE?????

again...

...and the current VP...

...and Sen. Landrieu...
4 times now, and the moron ignores it.

WHY DOES TM IGNORE THE PREPONDERANCE OF EVIDENCE?????

Because she doesnt believe in evidence that refutes her side of the debate.
Why do you ask?

Forum List

Back