CBO: Health law repeal adds $230 billion to deficit

The most pathetic part of this thread is the assumption that healthcare somehow got reformed in the whole process.

OK, what is the GOP plan for healthcare in the US other than Tort Reform that won't do much and allowing people to buy insurance across state lines, which also is a weak solution as I pointed out earlier?
Is the plan, keep the status quo?

No label is just another progressive movement.

RDD...they invest those premiums...they do more than take it in and shell out 95% of it in claims and operating costs...

They invest it and allow those premiums to make money. This allows them to keep the premiums as low as possible, still be able to pay out the claims, still employ the tens of thousands of people, and still make a profit for those with the headaches of running the business.

131% increase in tens years while wages were at only 38% growth during the same time period.And there's nothing wrong with this picture?
Here's how tough things are at the non-profits which I posted earlier:

The Sick Business of Health-Care Profiteering

"Even C.E.O.’s at “not-for-profit” insurance companies (like most state Blue Cross and Blue Shields) collect multi-million-dollar compensation packages, even as their companies pay little in the way of taxes. Blue Cross of Massachusetts’s C.E.O., Cleve Killingsworth, got a 26 percent raise in 2008, to $3.5 million, and Blue Cross of North Carolina’s C.E.O., Bob Greczyn, pulled down nearly $4 million after a 19 percent raise. Gail Boudreaux left Blue Cross of Illinois in December 2007 with $15.3 million. The not-for-profits can be just as freewheeling with expense accounts. In early September, a state audit found that Blue Cross of North Dakota used premiums to pay for a $238,000 sales managers’ retreat in the Cayman Islands and a $34,814 retirement party for an executive"
Matt Kapp on Health-Care Profiteering | Politics | Vanity Fair

I work for an internationally known non-profit, the executives get paid a huge compensation, the management level get paid quite well too (I'm one of them) our staff is paid well. Every year all employees get bonuses. There are yearly perks for everyone who works there to top things off. The grounds of our corporate and satellite offices are absolutely beautiful and our technology is at the cutting edge. We're non-profit, we must spend the money we rake in from our services.

the line in bold...

Operating costs such as real estate, technology, liability insurance, etc, did not invcrease by a mere 38%.

As for salaries....yes, they are inflated....thats business..

Ticket pricces for pro games skyrocketed but no one seems to complain about that.

Why? Becuase athletes make 1 millioin per game played....is that any more warranted than what an executive makes?

That is how the best tlent is secured.

the line in bold...

Operating costs such as real estate, technology, liability insurance, etc, did not invcrease by a mere 38%.

Ticket pricces for pro games skyrocketed but no one seems to complain about that.

Why? Becuase athletes make 1 millioin per game played....is that any more warranted than what an executive makes?

Freeze. Everyone I know complains about those ticket prices, lol.

OK, what is the GOP plan for healthcare in the US other than Tort Reform that won't do much and allowing people to buy insurance across state lines, which also is a weak solution as I pointed out earlier?

No.

Tort reform may be small but a moive in the right direction.
State lines? Compettion always lowers prices.

See, you m,inimize the importance and the impact of these things.....but the whole idea is not to make it as cheapo as possible. The whole idea is to make it palatbale.

As for the status quo?

I am still waiting for (have asked many times) for an example where someone died becuase the emergency room refused to help them since they did not have insurance.

I am still waiting for an example of where a child died becuse his family did not have health insurance.

Exactly what is wrong with the status quo with a few minor adjustments such as increased competitoin (state lines) and tort reform?

the line in bold...

True. But we pay it anyway. Arent we the idiots.

the line in bold...

True. But we pay it anyway. Arent we the idiots.

I don't feel like an idiot every time I buy something I feel I'm being ripped off for, lol......it cancels out with the Bargains I get.

You listen to Rush Limbaugh too much. If No Label is so progressive, why is David Frum one of it's founders amongst other conservatives. Why does Olbermann hate No Labels so much?
We are about getting things done for AMERICANS, not like many who post on these boards who put party ahead of country.
Here go to this link and educate yourself and quite basing your life on ideological talking points. Home | No Labels

"A house divided against itself cannot stand”— Abraham Lincoln

Put the Labels Aside. Do What’s Best for America.
We are Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who are united in the belief that we do not have to give up our labels, merely put them aside to do what’s best for America.

Last edited:

You listen to Rush LImbaugh too much. If No Label is progessive, why is David Frum one of it's founders amongst other conservatives. Why does Olbermann hate No Label so much?
We are about getting things done for AMERICANS, not like many who post on these boards who put party ahead of country.
Here go to this link and educate youself and quite basing your life on idelogical talking points. Home | No Labels

A house divided against itself cannot stand”—President Abraham Lincoln

We are Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who are united in the belief that we do not have to give up our labels, merely put them aside to do what’s best for America.

Conservative? just another name for big government.
Tell me why does any progressive do anything they do? To be for no labels you sure do like to use them.

kiwiman127 I looked at your link

second picture
Together we can accomplish great things

This is an effort to encourage elected officials from both parties to solve problems. Senators Ted Kennedy (D) and Orrin Hatch (R) sponsored legislation that ensured religious freedom.

Together? :lol: Kennedy a progressive democrat! Fuck that shit

I will never work with any progressive I will never extend my hand out to a democrat. forget it the party of no labels is just another progressive wolf in sheeps clothing movement.

You listen to Rush Limbaugh too much. If No Label is progressive, why is David Frum one of it's founders amongst other conservatives. Why does Olbermann hate No Label so much?
Here go to this link and educate yourself and quite basing your life on ideological talking points. Home | No Labels

Tell me why does any progressive do anything they do? To be for no labels you sure do like to use them.

I use "labels" on those who divide because that encourages stagnation for this country. Our country needs to move forward (and not in the terms of MSNBC's "Lean Forward"). Olbermann gets rich dividing America, Rush Limbaugh gets rich dividing America, that's all they do. As an American who loves his country and realizes that this country is at a very critical crossroad, I'll admit I find people like Limbaugh and Olbermann distasteful. A non-partisan union of Republicans, Democrats and Independents gets called "just another progressive movement", it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know where they came from. The No Labels want America to progress beyond the confines of ideology, so yes, maybe we are progressive that include all ideologies.
Oh and one more thing, "Conservative? just another name for big government". I have two words for you,,,Ronald Reagan.

Actually, according to Douglas Holtz-Eakin, former director of the CBO, ObamCare would increase the deficit by $562B - so repeal will actually reduce it.

Removing the unrealistic annual Medicare savings ($463 billion) and the stolen annual revenues from Social Security and long-term care insurance ($123 billion), and adding in the annual spending that so far is not accounted for ($114 billion) quickly generates additional deficits of $562 billion in the first 10 years. And the nation would be on the hook for two more entitlement programs rapidly expanding as far as the eye can see.

The bottom line is that Congress would spend a lot more; steal funds from education, Social Security and long-term care to cover the gap; and promise that future Congresses will make up for it by taxing more and spending less.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/opinion/21holtz-eakin.html?_r=1

You listen to Rush Limbaugh too much. If No Label is progressive, why is David Frum one of it's founders amongst other conservatives. Why does Olbermann hate No Label so much?

I use "labels" on those who divide because that encourages stagnation for this country. Our country needs to move forward (and not in the terms of MSNBC's "Lean Forward"). Olbermann gets rich dividing America, Rush Limbaugh gets rich dividing America, that's all they do. As an American who loves his country and realizes that this country is at a very critical crossroad, I'll admit I find people like Limbaugh and Olbermann distasteful. A non-partisan union of Republicans, Democrats and Independents gets called "just another progressive movement", it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know where they came from. The No Labels want America to progress beyond the confines of ideology, so yes, maybe we are progressive that include all ideologies.
Oh and one more thing, "Conservative? just another name for big government". I have two words for you,,,Ronald Reagan.

sounds like a movement i could support

second picture

This is an effort to encourage elected officials from both parties to solve problems. Senators Ted Kennedy (D) and Orrin Hatch (R) sponsored legislation that ensured religious freedom.

I will never work with any progressive I will never extend my hand out to a democrat. forget it the party of no labels is just another progressive wolf in sheeps clothing movement.

And I bet you didn't explore the website any further. A closed minded is such a waste.
Your tag,,,,"Constitutional Watchdog",,,,you do realize that the Constitution was written by men who had a variety of different beliefs but came together for a common purpose for their country, don't you?.

Last edited:

second picture

And I bet you didn't explore the website any further. A closed minded is such a waste.

You are absolutely correct I did not go any further. The picture of Ted Kennedy was enough to stop right there. You don't work with people who's main goalis to change the constitution and want to create more bigger government

I rest my case.

I rest my case.

You have no case.

Zero profit is the correct number for healthcare providers. Non-profit can work, there's no need for anyone to profiteer from caring for the sick.

Really, so you want doctors to spend Millions and years to go to school, to work in a non profit industry. Interesting.

I suppose you want drug companies to spend BILLIONS on Developing drugs, 90% of which never work out, and not make a profit as well.

Typical Liberal mind set.

You people always fail to grasp that the Biggest driver of innovation in every field has and always will be the chance to make MONEY!!

A doctor makes a salary, not a profit.

Kaiser Permanente is the largest managed care operation in the U.S., and is non-profit.

Wake up, The doctors salaries are paid for because there is Profit to be made.

There's quite a bit more in there than just the headline grabber that repeal tacks on $230 billion to the deficit. Don't forget that under the repeal bill the federal budgetary commitment to health care will grow faster in the second decade than under the ACA, 54 million people will be uninsured at the end of this decade, most people in the individual market will be paying more for their premiums than they would be under the ACA, and premiums for employer-based coverage will be slightly higher than would otherwise be the case under the ACA.

It doesn't really matter if your interest is affordability, access, or quality, there's no good news for repeal in this analysis. Of course, to the ideologue who doesn't give a shit about health care in the United States, that's not particularly important.

State lines? Compettion always lowers prices.

A pithy truism misapplied is not the best way to come up with policy prescriptions.

Forum List

Back