Catholics Don't Exemplify Christianity...

Please don't use Catholicism as an example of Christianity..
Their doctrine is flawed.

You pray to GOD and JESUS not Mary.
Your sins are forgiven by GOD, not a Priest.

For Catholics, both the living and the dead make up the Body of Christ. Asking Mary for her prayers is no different from asking friends and family members of their prayers.

Sacrament of Reconciliation (and any Sacrament): Visible signs of the invisible reality. Priests have the authority to announce, "I absolve you..." Just as priests have the authority to announce, "I pronounce you husband and wife..."

(It is God who binds, not the priest.)

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Praying to Mary has its roots in Gnosticism. Unfortunately, most gnostic teachings were purged (destroyed) but certain elements of it the Church retained. The importance is in the male and the female equally contributing to procreation. Some say that Adam was created in the image of God as being androgynous then female was created from him by separating him to male and female entities.
Adam had a wife before Eve...
Referring to Lilith?
Oui mon ami..
I am aware of that. The Nicaean Council pretty much ended gnosticism with adopting the Nicene Creed.

Praying to Mary has its roots in Gnosticism. Unfortunately, most gnostic teachings were purged (destroyed) but certain elements of it the Church retained. The importance is in the male and the female equally contributing to procreation. Some say that Adam was created in the image of God as being androgynous then female was created from him by separating him to male and female entities.
Adam had a wife before Eve...
Referring to Lilith?
Oui mon ami..
I am aware of that. The Nicaean Council pretty much ended gnosticism with adopting the Nicene Creed.
It would be a bunch of people that also organized the Mafia...

It's CRAP!
So sayeth Mr. pretends to be a female on USMB in hopes of getting kid glove treatment because he can't debate worth a shit.

It's CRAP!
So sayeth Mr. pretends to be a female on USMB in hopes of getting kid glove treatment because he can't debate worth a shit.

I'm not sure if that is a compliment or not being accused of being a guy!
Was that meant as a compliment Muhammed ?
Also, (1) I never claimed to be an expert in debate and (2) what exactly do you feel I have not defended well?

Have a nice day! :)

For Catholics, both the living and the dead make up the Body of Christ. Asking Mary for her prayers is no different from asking friends and family members of their prayers.

Sacrament of Reconciliation (and any Sacrament): Visible signs of the invisible reality. Priests have the authority to announce, "I absolve you..." Just as priests have the authority to announce, "I pronounce you husband and wife..."

(It is God who binds, not the priest.)

No one in the Bible prays to anyone but God. Period.
Sins should never be confessed to a Priest. They have NO authority (Biblically) to absolve you of sins.
Of course, those taught Catholic "tradition" will have their arguments, I'm just here to tell others it's BUNK!

It's CRAP!

Nobody ever prayed to Mary as a goddess.
Not since she was co-opted by the Church, anyway.

Like it or not, Catholicism is the origin of Christianity. Go with another flavor for your own practice if you like, but you can't deny historical fact.

The origin of Christianity is the Apostles after Christ's death. The Way.
People that consider a Christian life should look elsewhere than the Catholic church for proper Biblical teaching and doctrine.

It's CRAP!

Pretty much all religions are crap

A personal relationship with God is not..... it's the only real and meaningful thing in life.....

It's CRAP!
Preaching to the choir sister! LOL I told my ex mother in law the same thing for years. She practiced it all her life and could still tell me a total of zero why she went every day and what any of it meant. Told me to ask a priest. I told her I didn't have to do ask a priest because there is a bible available to me and I can read. She told me I should not be reading it. She and I did not get along what so ever. She told her in laws who didn't convert that they were going to hell. Maybe if she read the bible instead of listening to a priest she would know better

I went to talk with a nun with my boyfriend, and, she insisted that Mary was a Virgin her entire life! Wha???
I showed her scripture where it talks about Jesus' brother (James) etc. but, she would not budge...

Whatever!

It's CRAP!
Ignorant nonsense.

Catholics are just as much Christian as any other sect.

Do you know how many people are turned off to Christianity because of the Catholic church?
Non believers that KNOW it's wrong! Like going to a Priest for forgiveness of sins!?
All the "rituals" that are not Biblical or necessary???
I'm not saying there are no Christian Catholics, I'm saying don't use their doctrine because it is not the way Jesus intended the church to be.

It's CRAP!
Ignorant nonsense.

Do you know how many people are turned off to Christianity because of the Catholic church?
Non believers that KNOW it's wrong! Like going to a Priest for forgiveness of sins!?
I'm not saying there are no Christian Catholics, I'm saying don't use their doctrine because it is not the way Jesus intended the church to be.

I'd wager that more people are turned off to Christianity because of people like you.

It's CRAP!
Ignorant nonsense.

I'd wager that more people are turned off to Christianity because of people like you.

I hope not, but if so I will answer to God.
I want people to realize they can have a relationship with God and it's not dependent upon any Church.
A life with purpose, not rules and rituals.

It's CRAP!
Preaching to the choir sister! LOL I told my ex mother in law the same thing for years. She practiced it all her life and could still tell me a total of zero why she went every day and what any of it meant. Told me to ask a priest. I told her I didn't have to do ask a priest because there is a bible available to me and I can read. She told me I should not be reading it. She and I did not get along what so ever. She told her in laws who didn't convert that they were going to hell. Maybe if she read the bible instead of listening to a priest she would know better

Never in my over 5 decades of life did I ever say that or hear a RC say if they don't convert to RC they are going to hell. We are and were never taught that, unlike the Baptist who come to my door and tell me I'm not saved.

It's CRAP!
Ignorant nonsense.

I want people to realize they can have a relationship with God and it's not dependent upon any Church.

Just what is your purpose in life?

It's CRAP!
Ignorant nonsense.

So, you attack Catholicism? I don't think that you realize this but when you attack another Christian sect based on the "one true way" the only thing that you have demonstrated is what you don't have. In order for your relationship to exist it is necessary to attack the Catholics or any other Christian sect. It's not based on what you have.

It's CRAP!

Never in my over 5 decades of life did I ever say that or hear a RC say if they don't convert to RC they are going to hell. We are and were never taught that, unlike the Baptist who come to my door and tell me I'm not saved.

Only God can make the judgment of salvation.
The only form of Christianity I support is that of a personal relationship with God.
Giving your life to Him, living for Him where he is the focus of your daily living.
No matter what denomination you are affiliated with, abandonment of your life to God acknowledgement that Jesus died for your sins is all that is needed.

It's CRAP!
Ignorant nonsense.

Just what is your purpose in life?

If you are a Christian, your purpose in life should be to live for God
He gave 2 great commands in the Bible.

#1 (First and foremost)- LOVE GOD
#2 (Second) - LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF

You can do both of the above by telling people about Jesus - encouraging people to begin a relationship with God is not condemning them to hell. It's love and concern for the soul of the person you are talking to.

We're here for God not ourselves..... your life should be God-centered as a Christian.

It's CRAP!
Ignorant nonsense.

So, you attack Catholicism? I don't think that you realize this but when you attack another Christian sect based on the "one true way" the only thing that you have demonstrated is what you don't have. In order for your relationship to exist it is necessary to attack the Catholics or any other Christian sect. It's not based on what you have.

I don't want people to "hate" Christianity because of Catholic "rules and regulations" or to make assumptions about Christianity BASED on Catholic rules and regulations that are NOT Biblical!

If that is attacking so be it. I think of it as pointing out a false teaching and doctrine.

Of course but we do not proselytize, the early church did and made it a law, but we do not and never have I've heard any Priest knock another form of or sect of Christianity.

Of course but we do not proselytize, the early church did and made it a law, but we do not and never have I've heard any Priest knock another form of or sect of Christianity.

Not sure why you would not go out and spread the Gospel. Jesus commanded it:

(this is not just meant for Priests or Pastors, this was told by Jesus to his disciples - us in present times...)

Matthew 28:19-20
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
In these last two verses of Matthew, Jesus instructs His disciples to carry on the work He began in Israel.

There is a difference between "knocking" a religious belief and pointing out flaws, and pointing out God's glory and true will for our lives......

Forum List

Back