Catholics are Christians?

Or am I too insignificant for god to take time to answer?
well, there IS that......
Is it obnoxious wednesday today? :D

That aside, so you're saying that god doesn't bother with some people and lets them go about their business?
once you've decided to reject him there would be no reason for him to check up on you, unless he wanted to use you like a tool........
I never rejected him, I'm just waiting for proof.
that IS rejection......

Jesus is as real as Bill Cosby. Except everyone can know Christ if they seek Him out.

And the fact that someone accepts Christ as their redeemed demonstrates that they are accepting responsibility for their lives. Why? Because it means they recognize they are a sinner and that their actions have negative consequences on themselves and others. Because we don't have the power to change those consequences, we need a Redeemer who will change us into new people and give us grace so that we can overcome those negative consequences.

Bill Cosby is real because I've met him. I haven't met Christ, and neither have you. FYI: Star Trek ISN'T real either.

You accept responsibility in your life by doing such, to believe that you have to accept Jesus Christ is marketing to continue the $86B/yr tax free continuing.

Or am I too insignificant for god to take time to answer?

That aside, so you're saying that god doesn't bother with some people and lets them go about their business?
once you've decided to reject him there would be no reason for him to check up on you, unless he wanted to use you like a tool........
that IS rejection......
No, he's probably thinking: dude, smart move.

It's my fault?
I wouldn't call it 'fault'. Think about trying to turn on your television. If it didn't turn on the way you thought it should, would you give up and decide nothing will get it to turn on, or would you start checking to see if you had hit the correct button, were using the correct remote, and if it was plugged in?

In the same way, if you could not find God when you tried once, perhaps trying something different (rather than giving up) is in order.

Or else he's not really there because all he has to do is to show me that he's real and I'll believe.
God is not that hard up for believers that He has to prove anything to you. If you really wanted to know God it would be you who was pursuing Him, proving your interest in Him and His ways.
It's my fault?
well yes, as a matter of fact it is......
Why? Did I make him invisible?

It's my fault?
I wouldn't call it 'fault'. Think about trying to turn on your television. If it didn't turn on the way you thought it should, would you give up and decide nothing will get it to turn on, or would you start checking to see if you had hit the correct button, were using the correct remote, and if it was plugged in?

In the same way, if you could not find God when you tried once, perhaps trying something different (rather than giving up) is in order.
I can find my TV and can see and touch it. Making it real.
Or are you trying to say that God works by remote control buttons?

that IS rejection......
I'm sorry.....

Are you waiting for an audible voice? He can speak to you through others, you are just not listening.
There is more than one way to carry a message to someone....
So he's too lazy to convince me himself? Or am I too insignificant for god to take time to answer?
And all men are liar, you can't trust what any of them say.

No, you just are not opening your heart to hear him is my guess --- I don't claim to speak for others.
If you saw God and he spoke to you, would you be willing to stop living for yourself, and live to honor and please Him only?
I seriously doubt that god needs me to live my whole life honouring and pleasing him. That doesn't even make any sense that god would make beings for the sole purpose of having drones to worship him, that would have to be one HUGE ego. I'll pass on that god and find one that's not so vain.

So no, you wouldn't. Which is precisely why you don't hear the Lord. You don't sincerely want to know Him.
Or else he's not really there because all he has to do is to show me that he's real and I'll believe.

No you wouldn't. You just admitted you wouldn't change a thing if you know God. You have no intention of believing a thing He would tell you. He knows your heart you can't deceive Him.

Jesus is as real as Bill Cosby. Except everyone can know Christ if they seek Him out.

And the fact that someone accepts Christ as their redeemed demonstrates that they are accepting responsibility for their lives. Why? Because it means they recognize they are a sinner and that their actions have negative consequences on themselves and others. Because we don't have the power to change those consequences, we need a Redeemer who will change us into new people and give us grace so that we can overcome those negative consequences.

Bill Cosby is real because I've met him. I haven't met Christ, and neither have you. FYI: Star Trek ISN'T real either.

You accept responsibility in your life by doing such, to believe that you have to accept Jesus Christ is marketing to continue the $86B/yr tax free continuing.

Until you admit to your sins and change your life so you no longer commit them, you aren't taking responsibility for your actions. You are just in denial.

And since the only way to overcome sin is through an infinite atonement, you will need Christ.

that IS rejection......
I'm sorry.....
You're right you are a sorry excuse for a Christian. You know shit about the religion.

So he's too lazy to convince me himself? Or am I too insignificant for god to take time to answer?
And all men are liar, you can't trust what any of them say.

No, you just are not opening your heart to hear him is my guess --- I don't claim to speak for others.
If you saw God and he spoke to you, would you be willing to stop living for yourself, and live to honor and please Him only?
I seriously doubt that god needs me to live my whole life honouring and pleasing him. That doesn't even make any sense that god would make beings for the sole purpose of having drones to worship him, that would have to be one HUGE ego. I'll pass on that god and find one that's not so vain.

So no, you wouldn't. Which is precisely why you don't hear the Lord. You don't sincerely want to know Him.

No you wouldn't. You just admitted you wouldn't change a thing if you know God. You have no intention of believing a thing He would tell you. He knows your heart you can't deceive Him.
If God proves himself real to me, I'd believe. I live a pretty good life, so not really much if anything to change. Well, except give money to a church to be let into heaven.

If God proves himself real to me, I'd believe. I live a pretty good life, so not really much if anything to change. Well, except give money to a church to be let into heaven.

That's not what relationship with and believe in God is about.
It's about realizing it is all about HIM. You think it's selfish, but to someone that knows God, it's an HONOR to live your life for Him and His Kingdom. Not only that, live is more FULFILLING and MEANINGFUL living as a Christian - live for God. Because a Christian knows life is eternal and our time on this earth is but a millisecond. A small sacrifice to make to live for Him during this tiny time of our life.

People give money to the Church for Evangelism and of course, salaries and building upkeep etc.

God wants your heart and your loyalty. And most of all - your love.

That's not what relationship with and believe in God is about.
It's about realizing it is all about HIM. You think it's selfish, but to someone that knows God, it's an HONOR to live your life for Him and His Kingdom. Not only that, live is more FULFILLING and MEANINGFUL living as a Christian - live for God. Because a Christian knows life is eternal and our time on this earth is but a millisecond. A small sacrifice to make to live for Him during this tiny time of our life.

People give money to the Church for Evangelism and of course, salaries and building upkeep etc.

God wants your heart and your loyalty. And most of all - your love.
lol, at the end there, I really thought you were going to say: And most of all - your money. :lol:
Thanks for the laugh this early in the day.

God knows that I just can't believe in something for which I see no real proof. He understands. Well... unless he's some massive asshole who can't wait to toss me in a pit of burning fire for all eternity.

Forum List

Back