Catholics are Christians?

So no, you wouldn't. Which is precisely why you don't hear the Lord. You don't sincerely want to know Him.
Or else he's not really there because all he has to do is to show me that he's real and I'll believe.

No you wouldn't. You just admitted you wouldn't change a thing if you know God. You have no intention of believing a thing He would tell you. He knows your heart you can't deceive Him.
If God proves himself real to me, I'd believe. I live a pretty good life, so not really much if anything to change. Well, except give money to a church to be let into heaven.

That's not what relationship with and believe in God is about.
It's about realizing it is all about HIM. You think it's selfish, but to someone that knows God, it's an HONOR to live your life for Him and His Kingdom. Not only that, live is more FULFILLING and MEANINGFUL living as a Christian - live for God. Because a Christian knows life is eternal and our time on this earth is but a millisecond. A small sacrifice to make to live for Him during this tiny time of our life.

People give money to the Church for Evangelism and of course, salaries and building upkeep etc.

God wants your heart and your loyalty. And most of all - your love.
lol, at the end there, I really thought you were going to say: And most of all - your money. :lol:
Thanks for the laugh this early in the day.

God knows that I just can't believe in something for which I see no real proof. He understands. Well... unless he's some massive asshole who can't wait to toss me in a pit of burning fire for all eternity.

I'm sorry my post made you laugh.... but yes, He does know your heart...

I seriously doubt that god needs me to live my whole life honouring and pleasing him. That doesn't even make any sense that god would make beings for the sole purpose of having drones to worship him, that would have to be one HUGE ego. I'll pass on that god and find one that's not so vain.

So no, you wouldn't. Which is precisely why you don't hear the Lord. You don't sincerely want to know Him.
Or else he's not really there because all he has to do is to show me that he's real and I'll believe.

No you wouldn't. You just admitted you wouldn't change a thing if you know God. You have no intention of believing a thing He would tell you. He knows your heart you can't deceive Him.
If God proves himself real to me, I'd believe. I live a pretty good life, so not really much if anything to change. Well, except give money to a church to be let into heaven.

It's about realizing it is all about HIM. You think it's selfish, but to someone that knows God, it's an HONOR to live your life for Him and His Kingdom. Not only that, live is more FULFILLING and MEANINGFUL living as a Christian - live for God. Because a Christian knows life is eternal and our time on this earth is but a millisecond. A small sacrifice to make to live for Him during this tiny time of our life.

People give money to the Church for Evangelism and of course, salaries and building upkeep etc.

What were you doing 13 billion years before you were born? Why would you believe it will be any different after you die?

lol, at the end there, I really thought you were going to say: And most of all - your money. :lol:

God knows that I just can't believe in something for which I see no real proof. He understands. Well... unless he's some massive asshole who can't wait to toss me in a pit of burning fire for all eternity.
Punish you for not believing the unbelievable. That's what Christians are basically saying. But you and I know the story is a man made lie.

What were you doing 13 billion years before you were born? Why would you believe it will be any different after you die?

13 billion? Where did you come up with that number? Science, right?

Anyway, I'm not sure what we were before conception.
Maybe we existed in God's mind.... but once we are conceived, we are life, soul.

Punish you for not believing the unbelievable. That's what Christians are basically saying. But you and I know the story is a man made lie.

God does not punish us. He wants us to trust and obey. There is a reason we are here, and it stares everyone in the face daily. But we just don't want to see it because we are programmed to believe that we live our lives for ourselves, our family - not for our Creator.

What is so unbelievable about it?

People have no problem believing in aliens, ghosts, witchcraft, mediums, and the list goes on...
People even have an easier time believe in Satan than God

The message you should be hearing from Christians is this: there is only 1 reason for being here, to live for and serve God. Going to Hell is your choice alone.

God does not punish us. He wants us to trust and obey. There is a reason we are here, and it stares everyone in the face daily. But we just don't want to see it because we are programmed to believe that we live our lives for ourselves, our family - not for our Creator.

People have no problem believing in aliens, ghosts, witchcraft, mediums, and the list goes on...

The message you should be hearing from Christians is this: there is only 1 reason for being here, to live for and serve God. Going to Hell is your choice alone.
Why is god so desperate to want us to obey? Does he have self-esteem issues?

And there is way more proof of aliens than there is of god, of which there is none.

I can find my TV and can see and touch it. Making it real.
Or are you trying to say that God works by remote control buttons?

I'm suggesting you not give up.
Give up waiting for God to contact me? Well, I'm not holding my breath or anything...

I wouldn't recommend holding your breath either. Until you are willing to experiment on the Word and sincerely seek God with a desire to serve Him when you find Him, He is not going to reveal Himself to you.

But you will be held accountable for your choices. You will be held accountable for what you could have known if you simply put in the effort. It's amazing though how accurately prophets have described exactly your attitude.

When you and I talk to people about faith and belief, don’t we often hear, “I wish I could believe the way you do”?

Implied in such a statement is another of Satan’s deceptions: that belief is available to some people but not to others. There is no magic to belief. But wanting to believe is the necessary first step! God is no respecter of persons.6 He is your Father. He wants to speak to you. However, it requires a little scientific curiosity—it requires an experiment upon the word of God—and the exercise of a “particle of faith.”7 It also takes a little humility. And it requires an open heart and an open mind. It requires seeking, in the full meaning of the word. And, perhaps hardest of all, it requires being patient and waiting upon the Lord.

If we make no effort to believe, we are like the man who unplugs a spotlight and then blames the spotlight for not giving any light.

Recently I was surprised and saddened to hear of an Aaronic Priesthood bearer who seemed to take pride in the fact that he had distanced himself from God. He said, “If God reveals Himself to me, then I will believe. Until then, I will find the truth relying on my own understanding and intellect to light the way before me.”

I don’t know this young man’s heart, but I couldn’t help but feel terribly sorry for him. How easily he rejected the gifts the Lord was offering him. This young man had unplugged the spotlight and then seemed self-satisfied in his clever observation that there was no light.

Unfortunately, this seems to be quite a popular attitude today. If we can put the burden of proof on God, we think we can excuse ourselves from taking God’s commandments seriously and from taking responsibility for our relationship with our Heavenly Father. (Be not afraid, only believe)

I can find my TV and can see and touch it. Making it real.
Or are you trying to say that God works by remote control buttons?

I'm suggesting you not give up.
Give up waiting for God to contact me? Well, I'm not holding my breath or anything...

I wouldn't recommend holding your breath either. Until you are willing to experiment on the Word and sincerely seek God with a desire to serve Him when you find Him, He is not going to reveal Himself to you.

But you will be held accountable for your choices. You will be held accountable for what you could have known if you simply put in the effort. It's amazing though how accurately prophets have described exactly your attitude.

When you and I talk to people about faith and belief, don’t we often hear, “I wish I could believe the way you do”?

Implied in such a statement is another of Satan’s deceptions: that belief is available to some people but not to others. There is no magic to belief. But wanting to believe is the necessary first step! God is no respecter of persons.6 He is your Father. He wants to speak to you. However, it requires a little scientific curiosity—it requires an experiment upon the word of God—and the exercise of a “particle of faith.”7 It also takes a little humility. And it requires an open heart and an open mind. It requires seeking, in the full meaning of the word. And, perhaps hardest of all, it requires being patient and waiting upon the Lord.

If we make no effort to believe, we are like the man who unplugs a spotlight and then blames the spotlight for not giving any light.

Recently I was surprised and saddened to hear of an Aaronic Priesthood bearer who seemed to take pride in the fact that he had distanced himself from God. He said, “If God reveals Himself to me, then I will believe. Until then, I will find the truth relying on my own understanding and intellect to light the way before me.”

I don’t know this young man’s heart, but I couldn’t help but feel terribly sorry for him. How easily he rejected the gifts the Lord was offering him. This young man had unplugged the spotlight and then seemed self-satisfied in his clever observation that there was no light.

Unfortunately, this seems to be quite a popular attitude today. If we can put the burden of proof on God, we think we can excuse ourselves from taking God’s commandments seriously and from taking responsibility for our relationship with our Heavenly Father. (Be not afraid, only believe)
God is not going to contact me, I have to find him through a book? Does that sounds as nuts to you as it does to me?

And you can prove that the light you unplugged is real. God, not so much.

And there is way more proof of aliens than there is of god, of which there is none.

Nope. It's not about ego. It's about love.
God wants your love.

I disagree about the "proof" thing also. But then, that all depends on what your definition and expectation of proof is.... if you run into God, you will know it. That will be all the proof you need.

God wants your love.

I disagree about the "proof" thing also. But then, that all depends on what your definition and expectation of proof is.... if you run into God, you will know it. That will be all the proof you need.
If god wants my love, he just has to come and get it. With something tangible as proof. And a book won't cut it.

once you've decided to reject him there would be no reason for him to check up on you, unless he wanted to use you like a tool........
I never rejected him, I'm just waiting for proof.
that IS rejection......
No, he's probably thinking: dude, smart move.
I'm sorry.....
You're right you are a sorry excuse for a Christian. You know shit about the religion.
you are why I am sorry........you hate Christianity for reasons manufactured in your own mind.....you have cursed yourself with your ignorance.......

God wants your love.

If god wants my love, he just has to come and get it. With something tangible as proof. And a book won't cut it.

He will

perhaps because 13 billion years BEFORE I was born I hadn't accepted God's offer.......so what will YOU be doing 13 billion years from now?......

I never rejected him, I'm just waiting for proof.
that IS rejection......
I'm sorry.....
You're right you are a sorry excuse for a Christian. You know shit about the religion.
you are why I am sorry........you hate Christianity for reasons manufactured in your own mind.....you have cursed yourself with your ignorance.......
I can't hate something for which there is no proof. Plus, Jesus seemed like a cool, peaceful guy, I have nothing against that, it's all you little hateful people who damn me to hell and then think you're some sort of godly, special person that a god would want by its side. It's fucking laughable, brah.

God wants your love.

He will
Go for it, you sound like you could nag anyone into doing anything. :D

that IS rejection......
I'm sorry.....
I can't hate something for which there is no proof. Plus, Jesus seemed like a cool, peaceful guy, I have nothing against that, it's all you little hateful people who damn me to hell and then think you're some sort of godly, special person that a god would want by its side. It's fucking laughable, brah.

I don't damn anyone to hell.
If you don't believe, that's your choice.
You want to pin it on God, other people, but ultimately, it's your choice - it's a free gift to accept or refuse.

He has self-esteem issues the same way people who post signs of "Bridge Out Ahead" are desperate to get us to obey and turn around.

There are acts that can tangle our lives, enslave us, we might say. The Commandments and obedience to God are meant to free and protect us from things that can trip us up.

God wants your love.

He will
Go for it, you sound like you could nag anyone into doing anything. :D

Oh? You want to talk about ME now.... ;)

I'm sorry.....

I don't damn anyone to hell.
If you don't believe, that's your choice.
You want to pin it on God, other people, but ultimately, it's your choice - it's a free gift to accept or refuse.
Ok so let's say that someone is standing outside our universe and made us. How do you get from there to the person wanting us to love him or her, and to obey a set of strange, if not childish at times, rules? Please explain.

He has self-esteem issues the same way people who post signs of "Bridge Out Ahead" are desperate to get us to obey and turn around.

There are acts that can tangle our lives, enslave us, we might say. The Commandments and obedience to God are meant to free and protect us from things that can trip us up.
You make no sense. It must be tough being you.

Forum List

Back