Catholic School refuses to accept son of lesbians

"Suffer the little children to come unto me".

Yeah but the Catholic church has their own twisted interpretation on that particular verse. :eek:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Just wanted to add that CA girl gave me a neg rep for this post. Apparently making fun of the Catholic church for being pedos upsets her. Now is there anyone else out there upset over these jokes or am I free to say things like:

How do you get a Catholic priest to rape a nun?
Dress her up as an altar boy.

FatherTime, the joke reinforces some unfortunate stereotypes but for my money, laughing at pedophilies is the LEAST you can get by with. For my money, you can tar and feather them to death and I'm all good with that.

Hurt a child in this way and I have no further fucking use for you, and I don't care if you look like the god damned priest from "Boy's Town" or a wild-eyed lunatic. I HATE THESE FUCKING CRIMINALS. If CaliforniaGirl Has heartburn over that, then let HER submit HER kidlets to be molested and destroyed by Catholic clergy. No kidlet in MY family is gonna be used that way as long as I draw breath.

If that gives CaliforniaGirl or anyone else on USMB heartburn, too fucking bad.

Yeah but the Catholic church has their own twisted interpretation on that particular verse. :eek:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Just wanted to add that CA girl gave me a neg rep for this post. Apparently making fun of the Catholic church for being pedos upsets her. Now is there anyone else out there upset over these jokes or am I free to say things like:

I came back into the thread to positive rep you and apologize. But I'm not going bother now.

Why not? If you were wrong, you were wrong. What has changed, apart from the fact that now we all know about it?

Grown up adults accept responsibility for their mistakes. Are you taking your big girl pills yet, California Girl?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Some people don't think religion is something to joke about.

But these jokes aren't making fun of Catholicism they're making fun of the Catholic Church's pedophilia problem.

Sorry couldn't resist.

FatherTime, the joke reinforces some unfortunate stereotypes but for my money, laughing at pedophilies is the LEAST you can get by with. For my money, you can tar and feather them to death and I'm all good with that.

Hurt a child in this way and I have no further fucking use for you, and I don't care if you look like the god damned priest from "Boy's Town" or a wild-eyed lunatic. I HATE THESE FUCKING CRIMINALS. If CaliforniaGirl Has heartburn over that, then let HER submit HER kidlets to be molested and destroyed by Catholic clergy. No kidlet in MY family is gonna be used that way as long as I draw breath.

If that gives CaliforniaGirl or anyone else on USMB heartburn, too fucking bad.
I don't approve of pedophilia in any shape, form or fashion but I am increasingly made uneasy by the growing hatred directed at pedophiles. They are an easy target. We need to understand these people. Much as they disgust us, in order to prevent them from harming any more children. Hatred gets in the way of learning.

I also take issue with the simplistic additude that every child that comes into contact with a pedophile is irreparably harmed and stunted for life. It just isn't so in every case. That children can be unscathed or recover from an encounter with a child molester does not diminish the need to regard such encounters as very seriously potentially harmful, but it does require us to be realistic about them.

The witch hunt against child molesters does little to truly protect children and has caused harm to innocent people. As revolting a subject as it is, it's important to not give into mob mentality and to remain as dispassionate as possible so as to best discover how to best prevent child molestation in the future.

Anguille wrote:

I don't approve of pedophilia in any shape, form or fashion but I am increasingly made uneasy by the growing hatred directed at pedophiles. They are an easy target. We need to understand these people. Much as they disgust us, in order to prevent them from harming any more children. Hatred gets in the way of learning.

I also take issue with the simplistic additude that every child that comes into contact with a pedophile is irreparably harmed and stunted for life. It just isn't so in every case. That children can be unscathed or recover from an encounter with a child molester does not diminish the need to regard such encounters as very seriously potentially harmful, but it does require us to be realistic about them.

The witch hunt against child molesters does little to truly protect children and has caused harm to innocent people. As revolting a subject as it is, it's important to not give into mob mentality and to remain as dispassionate as possible so as to best discover how to best prevent child molestation in the future.

I think this is a tremendously interesting POV, Anguille . If you begin a thread on this, I'd be very curious to explore your thoughts further.

I will grant you this much. If the FBI had analyzed serial murderers with the hysteria most of us feel towards pedophiles -- including me -- Ted Bundy would still be having a happy hunting trip. There is value in dispassionate learning. I'm not capable of it on this topic, but doubtless there are calmer people than me.

Seems I cannot pos rep you atm. What this system is and why I run out of rep gas mystifies me, but no matter. I'm happy to tell you out here in public. That post took some wisdom and personal courage to write, and I admire those qualities in people enormously.

Such folks as you keep the wild-eyed lunatics like me in check.

*Winks*

Last edited:
Catholic bashing is getting old and rape jokes are NEVER funny. Esp. child rape.

Regardless of how people feel about the Church, Catholic schools are doing a better job at educating kids than public schools for the most part.

Destroying the Catholic Church serves the public no good. Heard they run a few hospitals as well. :evil:

When the American public accepts gay marriage, the Church will have to reconsider its position. Until then, their position is not extreme.

Catholic bashing is getting old and rape jokes are NEVER funny. Esp. child rape.

Regardless of how people feel about the Church, Catholic schools are doing a better job at educating kids than public schools for the most part.

Destroying the Catholic Church serves the public no good. Heard they run a few hospitals as well. :evil:

When the American public accepts gay marriage, the Church will have to reconsider its position. Until then, their position is not extreme.

I don't mind jokes about Catholicism or any other religion. Like you, I don't find jokes about rape to be funny.

Even if the whole world accepted gay marriage, I doubt very much that the Church would change its position... It does not follow trends. It is a belief system and those beliefs do not change. I like that.

As for this crap about pedophilia.... Sure, I am extremely unhappy (to put it mildly) at how the Church has handled this - BUT - the vast majority of priests are not pedophiles. They need to deal with it, and personally, I pray that they do so. Publicly.

A catholic school is not a public school and thus has the right to be selective concerning what type of students and families are accepted into their community. The Catholic school did not break any laws. Why would a lesbian couple want their child to attend a Catholic school anyways? Obviously, a Catholic School incorporates biblical studies into their curriculum and thus they will teach that homosexuality is wrong. The child will get mixed messages. My school condemns homosexuality, but yet my parents are in a lesbian relationship -- this is confusing.

Forum List

Back