Catholic Health & Jesuits Speak Out On Obama "Compromise"

DependentLogicless, you should more closely read your own fucking threads...

I'd call you a retard, but I don't want to insult retards...

Oh it's okay! Coming from a retard who cant figure out what this means:

We are pleased and grateful that the religious liberty and conscience protection needs of so many ministries that serve our country were appreciated enough that an early resolution of this issue was accomplished.

It really wouldn't have much effect, would it?

Here, tell ya what. Let's make a bet. I'll bet that in two weeks, this whole issue is off the news cycles completely. FOX may air it a bit here and there but even that channel will have gotten bored and for the most part swept it under the rug. CNN, MSNBC, Major newspapers & internet sites (other than the extreme stuff like drudge, dailykos etc...).

LOL, you can DREAM this is settled and people will forget about it. BUT the MILLIONS of people who are religious won't be forgetting soon and hopefully we will see that reflected in November.

Poll: 59% of Catholics Disapprove of Obama’s Performance

You know that saying, Fool me once, shame on you..Fool me twice, shame on me..

time to roll folks.

Well I'm sure that will definitely be true with all those people who would not have voted for Obama anyway....

I think it's a wash. He made a political mistake. He spun it. Now there are those other things like oh,,, the economy and such.
Now if Santorum gets the nomination, he will probably make a REALLY big deal of this and guarantee Obama's re-election.
I think Romney would be smarter.

Oh it's okay! Coming from a retard who cant figure out what this means:

We are pleased and grateful that the religious liberty and conscience protection needs of so many ministries that serve our country were appreciated enough that an early resolution of this issue was accomplished.

It really wouldn't have much effect, would it?

Here, tell ya what. Let's make a bet. I'll bet that in two weeks, this whole issue is off the news cycles completely. FOX may air it a bit here and there but even that channel will have gotten bored and for the most part swept it under the rug. CNN, MSNBC, Major newspapers & internet sites (other than the extreme stuff like drudge, dailykos etc...).

LOL, you can DREAM this is settled and people will forget about it. BUT the MILLIONS of people who are religious won't be forgetting soon and hopefully we will see that reflected in November.

time to roll folks.

Well I'm sure that will definitely be true with all those people who would not have voted for Obama anyway....

I think it's a wash. He made a political mistake. He spun it. Now there are those other things like oh,,, the economy and such.
Now if Santorum gets the nomination, he will probably make a REALLY big deal of this and guarantee Obama's re-election.

yes, the bigger things will come..but right now this a good issue to beat the Obama over the head with for awhile..show the people his TRUE COLORS..He is a danger to our RIGHTS and he didn't blink about that WITH THIS ISSUE.

Last edited:

time to roll folks.

yes, the bigger things will come..but right now this a good issue to beat the Obama over the head with for awhile..show the people his TRUE COLORS..He is a danger to our RIGHTS and he didn't blink about that WITH THIS ISSUE.

Wait. I thought he was black. Is he like Nordic Eurasion or something?

So what is different now, than was in place say five years ago? Was bc not covered five years ago - even by Catholic Health Care? Just curious as to what this dangerous guy did so dangerously.

So what is different now, than was in place say five years ago? Was bc not covered five years ago - even by Catholic Health Care? Just curious as to what this dangerous guy did so dangerously.

your game, you play.

your game, you play.

No seriously. My understanding is that Catholic Health Care had to provide bc to non-Catholic members as part of their benefits long before Obama came in office. Perhaps I heard wrong. I've been wrong before! There was that time in '98!
So is that the case here?
Honestly, you can't tell me you guys are this upset and you don't know, can you?

your game, you play.

No seriously. My understanding is that Catholic Health Care had to provide bc to non-Catholic members as part of their benefits long before Obama came in office. Perhaps I heard wrong. I've been wrong before! There was that time in '98!
Honestly, you can't tell me you guys are this upset and you don't know, can you?

If you are referring to the '20' states thing..... that has already been dismissed. Each and every one provided some kind of 'opt out' for religious charities. Even the left agree with that one now. Another lie perpetrated by the White House.

We do know. We have told you. You appear unable to grasp simple logic.... hence you keep insisting it's about bc. It is not. It is about religious liberty. I suggest you stop getting your information from the MSM - because they aren't telling you the whole truth - they're just pitching their side.

your game, you play.

If you are referring to the '20' states thing..... that has already been dismissed. Each and every one provided some kind of 'opt out' for religious charities. Even the left agree with that one now. Another lie perpetrated by the White House.

We do know. We have told you. You appear unable to grasp simple logic.... hence you keep insisting it's about bc. It is not. It is about religious liberty. I suggest you stop getting your information from the MSM - because they aren't telling you the whole truth - they're just pitching their side.

Okay but my understanding is that churches do NOT have to pay but businesses (specifically insurance companies) do, be they Catholic, Mormon, Muslim of Turtle Worshippers.
So if I'm going into a for profit business such as insurance, I don't expect the same breaks as a church. For example, I'm a business owner, I'm a Christian, I'm currently paying taxes and that blows. But oh well, I'm not specifically a church.

So I guess where I would object would be if he made the church pay. Otherwise, it seems this could get outta hand pretty easily. Snakehandlers objecting to everythig except venom, Muslims exempting from everything that violates sharia and so on...

Okay but my understanding is that churches do NOT have to pay but businesses (specifically insurance companies) do, be they Catholic, Mormon, Muslim of Turtle Worshippers.
So if I'm going into a for profit business such as insurance, I don't expect the same breaks as a church. For example, I'm a business owner, I'm a Christian, I'm currently paying taxes and that blows. But oh well, I'm not specifically a church.

So I guess where I would object would be if he made the church pay. Otherwise, it seems this could get outta hand pretty easily. Snakehandlers objecting to everythig except venom, Muslims exempting from everything that violates sharia and so on...

Oh, for (insert optional deity here) sake, I'm not going through this whole fucking argument again. If you want to understand it, read one of the vast number of threads on it. It's not about the churches, it's about their charities. Grow a fucking brain.

The Catholic Health Association is very pleased with the White House
announcement that a resolution has been reached that protects the
religious liberty and conscience rights of Catholic institutions. The
framework developed has responded to the issues we identified that
needed to be fixed.

We are pleased and grateful that the religious liberty and conscience
protection needs of so many ministries that serve our country were
appreciated enough that an early resolution of this issue was
accomplished. The unity of Catholic organizations in addressing this
concern was a sign of its importance.

This difference has at times been uncomfortable but it has helped our
country sort through an issue that has been important throughout the
history of our great democracy.

The Catholic Health Association remains committed to working with the
Administration and others to fully implement the Affordable Care Act
to extend comprehensive and quality health care to many who suffer
today from the lack of it.

http://www.chausa.org/Pages/Newsroom...cience_Rights/ "

I predicted Obama would make some kind of compromise and then it would
be 2 - 3 weeks until you didn't hear anything more about this - except
of course from FOX and RWers.

Other than this the momentum of
religion's war on Obama seems to be waning:

Wait, there's more!

"The Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU)
acknowledges and appreciates the compromise that President Obama has
made to accommodate religious institutions in regard to the birth
control mandate under the Affordable Care Act. We commend the Obama
Administration for its willingness to work with us on moving toward a
solution, and we look forward to working out the details of these new
regulations with the White House. [Association of Jesuit Colleges and
Universities, 2/10/12] "

So who will continue making a fuss a month from now? Those who oppose
him anyway. As stated before: It was a political mistake. He spun it. It's a wash.

Nice tactics. Make up a quote, attribute it to the other side, throw in a link that doesn't work, and act like you were right all along. I will have to remember that next time I end up on the wrong side of a debate. It is more work than simply admitting you are wrong, but it does save you having to admit you were wrong.

needed to be fixed.

Wait, there's more!

Universities, 2/10/12] "

him anyway. As stated before: It was a political mistake. He spun it. It's a wash.

Nice tactics. Make up a quote, attribute it to the other side, throw in a link that doesn't work, and act like you were right all along. I will have to remember that next time I end up on the wrong side of a debate. It is more work than simply admitting you are wrong, but it does save you having to admit you were wrong.

Will you kill yourself when you are proven to be wrong?

Oh, for (insert optional deity here) sake, I'm not going through this whole fucking argument again. If you want to understand it, read one of the vast number of threads on it. It's not about the churches, it's about their charities. Grow a fucking brain.

Got it. You're upset. And emotional. And prone to mood swings. And probably overweight. But underneath it all you just want love and attention!

Here. I am psychically sending you my love and attention! :eusa_angel:

needed to be fixed.

Wait, there's more!

Universities, 2/10/12] "

I get it. You just can't help being an azzhole. Seriously, you could have just mentioned the link didnt work and I would have been happy to repaste. Of course an intelligent person would have just googled the first sentence but we're talking about you here.
So. My most abject apologies! Try this to the Catholic Health Care site;

CHAUSA | Catholic Health Association is Very Pleased with Todays White House Resolution that Protects Religious Liberty and Conscience Rights

Now. Will you admit you were wrong? Of course not. That takes strength and character. If you would like to see what those qualities are like, I'd be happy to show you some posts where they are displayed. Then you'll have a goal to which you can aspire!

needed to be fixed.

Wait, there's more!

Universities, 2/10/12] "

I get it. You just can't help being an azzhole. Seriously, you could have just mentioned the link didnt work and I would have been happy to repaste. Of course an intelligent person would have just googled the first sentence but we're talking about you here.

CHAUSA | Catholic Health Association is Very Pleased with Todays White House Resolution that Protects Religious Liberty and Conscience Rights

Now. Will you admit you were wrong? Of course not. That takes strength and character. If you would like to see what those qualities are like, I'd be happy to show you some posts where they are displayed. Then you'll have a goal to which you can aspire!

Wrong about what? Mocking your ability to post a link? If it makes you feel better, sure, but the fact is that you are simply wrong because it is not a compromise, the Jesuits were not part of the quote you posted, and quite a few Catholics are actually upset with them.

Catholic Health Association Work on HHS Mandate Seen by Some as 'Scandal', Christian News

Wrong about what? Mocking your ability to post a link? If it makes you feel better, sure, but the fact is that you are simply wrong because it is not a compromise, the Jesuits were not part of the quote you posted, and quite a few Catholics are actually upset with them.

Catholic Health Association Work on HHS Mandate Seen by Some as 'Scandal', Christian News

Well my apologies for being as much of an azz in return, as you were initially. I try not to stoop to the level of inferiors...

Now, let me dumb this down for ya junior: If someone puts something in quotation marks, that implies the word used may not have it's literal meaning but something entirely different. For instance, you're a "genius". See how that works?

Okay banter back and forth. Lots of fun but really, I prefer to engage with those who can posit something more substantive, like say plants for example!

Hugs & Kisses, Your BFF :eusa_angel:

LI's profitable Catholic hospitals earn ratings upgrade

Catholic Health Services of Long Island got an upgraded rating on its outstanding debt, to A- from BBB+, from Fitch Ratings, which cited “sustained operating improvements and strengthened balance sheet metrics.”

CHSLI showed its strongest operating results ever in 2010: With operating income of $73.5 million on revenue of $1.96 billion, it had a 3.7% operating margin. Remarkably, all six of the system's hospitals were profitable. St. Francis, for example, generated $33.7 million in income, while Good Samaritan earned $14.2 million. The system generated a $2 million profit in the first quarter of 2011.

CHSLI has a nearly 25% market share in both Nassau and Suffolk counties—second only to the North Shore-LIJ system. One factor driving the high market share is CHSLI's participation in the Long Island Health Network, whose 10 hospital members make up half of the Long Island health care market.

Fitch's main credit concern is CHSLI's large capital budget: $1 billion for 2012-2017. The system must issue an additional $350 million in debt in 2013 and 2014 to meet its capital demands, which could put pressure on its balance sheet if cash flow generation doesn't remain strong.

CHSLI is heavily reliant on St. Francis. The Roslyn, L.I., hospital accounted for 46% of the system's operating income last year, and 24.5% of system revenue. That large percentage actually is lower than in 2008, when St. Francis represented 88% of operating profit. St. Francis just got a new $190 million patient tower and is undergoing a $60 million renovation and expansion of its emergency department and cardiac capacity.

Read more: http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20110701/PULSE/110639985#ixzz1mQWet4Jt

Catholic Health Services of Long Island got an upgraded rating on its outstanding debt, to A- from BBB+, from Fitch Ratings, which cited “sustained operating improvements and strengthened balance sheet metrics.”

CHSLI showed its strongest operating results ever in 2010: With operating income of $73.5 million on revenue of $1.96 billion, it had a 3.7% operating margin. Remarkably, all six of the system's hospitals were profitable. St. Francis, for example, generated $33.7 million in income, while Good Samaritan earned $14.2 million. The system generated a $2 million profit in the first quarter of 2011.

CHSLI has a nearly 25% market share in both Nassau and Suffolk counties—second only to the North Shore-LIJ system. One factor driving the high market share is CHSLI's participation in the Long Island Health Network, whose 10 hospital members make up half of the Long Island health care market.

Fitch's main credit concern is CHSLI's large capital budget: $1 billion for 2012-2017. The system must issue an additional $350 million in debt in 2013 and 2014 to meet its capital demands, which could put pressure on its balance sheet if cash flow generation doesn't remain strong.

CHSLI is heavily reliant on St. Francis. The Roslyn, L.I., hospital accounted for 46% of the system's operating income last year, and 24.5% of system revenue. That large percentage actually is lower than in 2008, when St. Francis represented 88% of operating profit. St. Francis just got a new $190 million patient tower and is undergoing a $60 million renovation and expansion of its emergency department and cardiac capacity.

Read more: http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20110701/PULSE/110639985#ixzz1mQWet4Jt

Do you have a problem with understanding the legal definition of non profit?

Do you have a problem with understanding the legal definition of non profit?

Clearly, he does.

Forum List

Back