Catholic Church Demands Celibacy- for Gays Too

Nuc said:
RE:#1, how do they verify this information?

RE:#2, isn't all sexual activity banned? Why limit it to gay? Shouldn't straight priests who have sex be defrocked as well?

RE: #3 sounds good as is.
:gay: :gay: :gay:

Re#2...this is also the case...you would be aware of this if ya were a Catholic..
Re#1.....I suppose they verify by witness and complaints as any other complaint!
Re#3....whats with the gay-gay-gay? :link:

I don't see why this is controversial. I mean obviously if the priests are molesting boys, they are homosexual.

The definition of homosexual is pretty straight forward:

1 : of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex
2 : of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex

There is no age limit in the definition. It doesn't say you aren't homosexual if you have sexual desires toward a member of the same sex under 15 or anything.

The fact that the pro-gay agenda wants us to ignore this shows how much it really bothers them. They can't handle the facts because it hurts their cause. As it should. The larger percentages of homosexuals involved in pedophilia is a major problem. If you can't deal with that fact, you probably should before you can start telling us we need to accept homosexuality.

archangel said:
Re#2...this is also the case...you would be aware of this if ya were a Catholic..
Re#1.....I suppose they verify by witness and complaints as any other complaint!
Re#3....whats with the gay-gay-gay? :link:

As far as # 1 goes...if they could screen such a thing in the first place they already would....number 3 is the only thing that makes sense in his list.

I don't see why this is controversial. I mean obviously if the priests are molesting boys, they are homosexual.

The definition of homosexual is pretty straight forward:

1 : of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex
2 : of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex

There is no age limit in the definition. It doesn't say you aren't homosexual if you have sexual desires toward a member of the same sex under 15 or anything.

The fact that the pro-gay agenda wants us to ignore this shows how much it really bothers them. They can't handle the facts because it hurts their cause. As it should. The larger percentages of homosexuals involved in pedophilia is a major problem. If you can't deal with that fact, you probably should before you can start telling us we need to accept homosexuality.

This line of thinking is retarded. If you are going to equate pedophiles who seek out member of the same sex with homosexuals then you must equate pedophiles who seek out members of the opposite sex with heteros.

The larger percentages of homosexuals involved in pedophilia is a major problem. If you can't deal with that fact, you probably should before you can start telling us we need to accept homosexuality.

You are regurgitating myth. Refer to post #14.

MissileMan said:

Don't even bother...you can't teach an old stupid dog new tricks. If someone's stupid religion tells them to hate gays then they will do it. The irony is that the catholic church is the one with the problem with the molestation yet Christians conveniently and wronfully so place the blame on every day homosexuals. If this isn't lunacy then nothing is. At least half the people that post on this forum don't have an IQ over 70.

Powerman said:
Don't even bother...you can't teach an old stupid dog new tricks. If someone's stupid religion tells them to hate gays then they will do it. The irony is that the catholic church is the one with the problem with the molestation yet Christians conveniently and wronfully so place the blame on every day homosexuals. If this isn't lunacy then nothing is. At least half the people that post on this forum don't have an IQ over 70.

Sorry you marxist assbags have not managed to corrupt the one institution to remain steady over the centuries. Your rage is understandable after trying so hard, and with even a bit of success with Americans.

As for the IQ, feel free to leave for more intelligent pastures, no one will miss you. :321:

Powerman said:
This line of thinking is retarded. If you are going to equate pedophiles who seek out member of the same sex with homosexuals then you must equate pedophiles who seek out members of the opposite sex with heteros.

Duh...

MissileMan said:

You're mental gymnastics in post 14 aside, simply saying that it's a myth doesn't make it so.

Simply look at the facts here. Catholic Priests are men. The victims are young boys. Same sex attraction regardless of age is homosexual. The Catholic Church has a problem with homosexual pedophiles. Deal with it, because pretending its just a myth isn't going to fix the problem.

You're mental gymnastics in post 14 aside, simply saying that it's a myth doesn't make it so.

I'm sorry if 6th grade math is over your head. You and others on the board continue to spout a font of misinformation with regards to pedophilia being a homosexual problem. I have very clearly and very simply demonstrated that your allegation is untrue. You are apparently one of those who is desperate to have a reason to disparage homosexuals and will grasp at and clutch to misinformation like a security blanket.

Simply look at the facts here. Catholic Priests are men. The victims are young boys. Same sex attraction regardless of age is homosexual. The Catholic Church has a problem with homosexual pedophiles. Deal with it, because pretending its just a myth isn't going to fix the problem.

I've never claimed that there's not a problem with pedophilia and Catholic priests. And it appears that the majority of the pedophiles within the priesthood have targeted boys. That fact has no bearing on the incidence of homosexual versus heterosexual pedophilia because you can't show a relation between Catholic priests and the general public.

I also think that Powerman's "target of opportunity" argument would hold true in a few cases and that being denied sex and then given access to young girls, that there would be priests who would go there too.

Obviously the Catholic Church doesn't have that much of a problem with homosexual pedophiles. They usually just try to cover things up and relocate people. They are just using this negative publicity on them to take a shot at homosexuality in general. Anyone who buys this is an idiot.

Let's separate the issues. Pedophilia is a pandemic in the modern world.

The Catholic Church has a lot of problems, pedophilia is a symptom.

The special brand of pedophilia which is institutionalized in the Catholic Church is, unfortunately, not related to generalized pedophilia in society at large.

If it were, it would be easier to deal with.

I agree. I can't follow the path of logic that says the Catholic Church has problems with pedophile priests who molest boys must mean that pedophilia is a bi product of homosexuality. That line of thinking is plain stupid.

MissileMan said:
You've fallen into a false logic trap. You have been deliberately led to the trap and pushed in. Let's look at the stats that you use to arrive at your conclusion.

Homosexuals only make up 5% of the population, yet 25% of molestation victims are boys who were molested by men. This was worded very carefully by people with anti-homosexual agendas. They don't come right out and claim that homosexuals are 5 times as likely to molest children as heterosexuals, they KNOW it's not true. They want people to get to that false assumption by dividing 25% by 5%. Did you notice that there is no claim that 25% of pedophiles are homosexual? Again, that claim isn't made because it's KNOWN to be false.

The reason it's false is because of the stat that homosexual pedophiles have 7 times the number of victims as heterosexual pedophiles. The math works like this:

Out of 28 victims, 25% or 7 will be boys molested by a man, 1 man. The remaining 21 girls will be molested by 21 men. Clearly, the ratio of men who molest girls to men who molest boys is 21:1 or approximately 5%.

Those who need/want/desperately desire to have an excuse to villify homosexuals will ignore the truth and continue to use the false logic of the first paragraph and continue to be dupes for the propoganda machine of Falwell, Robertson, et al.

Here you go sparky, don't blame me if you can't understand statistics and ratios...and oh yeah, if you're a man and you rape another male regardless of age you have made the choice to be queer...queer is as queer does.

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27431

http://www.amazinginfoonhomosexuals.com/pedophilia.htm

OCA said:
Here you go sparky, don't blame me if you can't understand statistics and ratios...and oh yeah, if you're a man and you rape another male regardless of age you have made the choice to be queer...queer is as queer does.

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27431

http://www.amazinginfoonhomosexuals.com/pedophilia.htm

Lot's of interesting info in the links, especially the last one. They put the percentage of pedophiles who molest boys at 10-11%. From reading the article, it appears they are saying that the factor (whatever it is) that causes pedophilia also causes an increase in attraction to the same sex. So while pedophilia carries an increased risk of homosexuality, homosexuality does not carry an increased risk of pedophilia.

Keeping these definitions in mind, plenty of evidence indicates that homosexuals and bisexuals are notably relatively overrepresented among pedophiles and hebephiles. On the other hand, the majority of homosexuals and bisexuals are teleiophiles and are unlikely to molest children because they have no sexual interest in children.

This, of course, does not imply that homosexual teleiophiles are likely to molest children.

I gotta tell ya though, they're all using different data. Kinda hard to tell who's got their facts straight.

OCA said:

And just to set the record straight, you believe that an adult male who bones a 2-year old girl is a heterosexual, just like you and I?

The Catholic Church has a problem with homosexual pedophiles. Deal with it, because pretending its just a myth isn't going to fix the problem.

So, the 2000+ cases of molested girls are also to blame on homosexual pedophiles?

MissileMan said:
And just to set the record straight, you believe that an adult male who bones a 2-year old girl is a heterosexual, just like you and I?

A heterosexual? Yes. Like you and I? Of course not (I'm assuming your not a pedophile).

theim said:
A heterosexual? Yes. Like you and I? Of course not (I'm assuming your not a pedophile).

You assume correctly. :)

The point I'm trying to make is that we don't paint heterosexuals with a "pedophile" brush because some pedophiles go after little girls and I don't believe it's accurate or fair to paint homosexuals with that brush because some pedophiles go after little boys.

MissileMan said:

A sicko of course but heterosexual most certainly.

Forum List

Back