Cash Strapped States Pay Millions for Basketball Coaches

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
When Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear announced in February that his state was taking nearly $3 billion in federal stimulus cash, he described the decision as necessary to save jobs, preserve "quality of life" and a "strategic investment ... to position Kentucky for the future."

Little did Beshear know that two months later, as teachers, police and other municipal workers breathed a collective sigh of relief that their jobs had been saved — at least for now — the state's primary institution for higher learning would "invest" $32 million in a well-traveled but highly successful basketball coach.

FOXNews.com - Cash Strapped States Pay Millions for Basketball Coaches - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

You will just have to forgive me when I say "I no longer give a shit about the economy." :eusa_hand:

That's Kentucky for you, where inbreeding and trailer parks are a way of life, but as long as UK is winning basketball games, it's all AOK!

Some sniveling little reporter tried to pull this shit on coach Calhoun at UConn and Calhoun ate him alive. The program generates far more revenue than it does expenses i.e. it was operating at a profit.

These people are highly specialized professionals and are outstanding at their job.

Though I doubt coach Cal will be as in your face about it I'd be willing to bet that the UK men's basketball program is no different.

Forum List

Back