Carter Page should be locked up

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Page struck up a relationship with Gazprom, he advised them on transactions, including a deal to buy a stake in an oil and gas field on an island in Russia's Pacific coast. he bought Gazprom shares.

politico says few people in Moscow's business community knew of him. those who did were underwhelmed. his boss Sergei Aleksashenko said of him: "he wasn't great and he wasn't terrible", adding that Page was "without any special talents or accomplishments", "in no way exceptional", and "a gray spot"

in the dispute between Obama and Putin, Crooked Page sided with Moscow.

he was against US sanctions imposed by O in the wake of Crimea.

he said that Putin wasn't to blame for the Ukraine conflict. the White House's superior "smackdown" approach had "started the crisis in the first place". he actually said this in a blog post.

• Banned
...I don’t see an actual lock-up reason in the OP

i'll give you plenty of reasons.

when he discovered that Page became one of Trump's foreign policy advisors, a Trump advisor said: "i nearly dropped my coffee. we wanted people who engage in critical analysis. this is a guy who has no critical insight. he's not a smart person"

Page's qualification for the role had little to do with his CV. Trump picked him because of his endless enthusiasm for Putin and his loathing for Obama and Clinton. Page's view of the world fits exactly with the Kremlin's (that the US attempts to spread democracy has brought chaos and disaster)

Page was the rarest of things: an American who believed Putin was wise and virtuous and kind. that's why Trump picked him.

LOCK. HIM. UP.

Dear basquebromance
I'd like to see consistent consequences and deterrence
by requiring restitution for wrongs/damages that are PROPORTIONAL to the crimes and abuses.

Just locking people up doesn't solve the problem, or
compensate any victims (or taxpayers footing the costs of both the crime and prosecution/incarceration).

But if people had to pay PROPORTIONALLY for multiple or worse degree crimes,
at least the punishment would fit the crime!

What if all citizens had to sign agreements, agreeing to comply with laws and authority
in order to afford benefits and privileges of citizenship, and to pay ALL COSTS
incurred if convicted of crimes.

Wouldn't that serve as more consistent consequences and deterrent?
If the worse crimes you committed the more you had to pay in restitution and damages?

Forum List

Back