Carson pulls even with Trump in new Iowa Poll!

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ben Carson and Donald Trump are tied at the top of the Republican field in a new survey of likely Iowa caucus-goers with 23 percent each, according to the results of a Monmouth University poll released Monday.

The latest survey showed Carson making inroads on key voting blocs that Trump has been winning in recent polls. Women preferred Carson at 30 percent to 19 percent, while Trump did better with male voters, at 27 percent to 17 percent.

Among those identifying with the tea party, 27 percent pledged their support for Trump, compared to 22 percent for Carson, with Cruz behind with 16 percent. But Carson leads among non-tea-party-affiliated Republicans, taking 25 percent to Trump's 19 percent.

Voters who described themselves as very or somewhat conservative were split between the top two, while moderates and liberals went for Trump at 26 percent, Fiorina at 18 percent and Carson at 17 percent.

Read more: Carson ties Trump at the top in Iowa poll

Read more: Carson ties Trump at the top in Iowa poll

I wouldn't get too excited yet, John. Iowa isn't a bellwether state. I'm curious though, why do you like Carson? He's not a liberal, is it because of his race?

Looking INSIDE that poll shows....

Only 12 percent of likely Republican caucus goers say they are completely decided on which candidate they will support in February. Among them, Trump leads with 30 percent compared to 22 percent for Carson.

Trump's support is currently more solid than Carson's, but Iowa voters are still considering quite a few candidates before they come to a final decision

The real story is contained deep in the poll. In May, when the Des Moines Register last polled, 27% of likely Iowa Hawkeye Cauci goers viewed Trump favorably. Sixty-three percent in the Des Moines Register poll regarded Trump unfavorably back in May. His favorable number now is 61%. His unfavorable 35%.

The Washington Post says, "Numbers just don't reverse themselves like that in the space of a few months (or ever). Especially when the politician in question is totally known by the electorate." I'll tell you what. The theory that I have heard that the establishment and Republican Party has about how Trump's going to fade away is slowly but surely blowing up on them....Is the JakeAss on suicide watch yet?:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

The Poll also found that among tea party supporters, Trump leads with 27 percent, followed by Carson with 22 percent, and Cruz with 16 percent. Very conservative voters split their vote among Carson with 24 percent, Trump with 23 percent, and Cruz with 16 percent.

Most moderate to liberal caucus voters like Trump (26 percent), followed by Fiorina (18 percent) and Carson (17 percent). Among evangelical voters, Carson tops the poll with 29 percent, followed by Trump with 23 percent.

It really doesn't matter if Trump, Carson or Cruz come out on top, but let's piss on the liberal and RINO'S parade whenever we can with FACT from this poll!

I wouldn't get too excited yet, John. Iowa isn't a bellwether state. I'm curious though, why do you like Carson? He's not a liberal, is it because of his race?
What race is he? I hadn't noticed!

Says the guy who only posts about race and has only negative things to say about Republicans and conservatives.
Says the dufus who trolls and haunts posts about race and has only negative things to say about liberals and democrats and is rabidly anti-Obama!

Says the guy who only posts about race and has only negative things to say about Republicans and conservatives.
Says the dufus who trolls and haunts posts about race and has only negative things to say about liberals and democrats and is rabidly anti-Obama!
Diversion. I post in many different threads, and yeah, I have negative things to say about liberals (black OR white) and I'm rabidly anti-Obama (as well as anti-Hillary) But YOU only post in the race threads and are rabidly anti-white, regardless of politics, and pro-black, regardless of politics. The only thing important to you is the color of ones skin.

Diversion. I post in many different threads, and yeah, I have negative things to say about liberals (black OR white) and I'm rabidly anti-Obama (as well as anti-Hillary) But YOU only post in the race threads and are rabidly anti-white, regardless of politics, and pro-black, regardless of politics. The only thing important to you is the color of ones skin.
There are so may racists posting here I can't avoid addressing them.
I post on other topics occasionally but due to time constraints I focus more on the egregious misinformation that is so rampant here concerning Blacks. If that bothers you, GOOD!

There are so may racists posting here I can't avoid addressing them.
Yeah, sure, buddy.

I post on other topics occasionally but due to time constraints I focus more on the egregious misinformation that is so rampant here concerning Blacks.
Sure, blame it on "time restraints". LOL

If that bothers you, GOOD!
Not at all. I'm glad you do it. It keeps your credibility factor at zero.
Credibility isn't based on the opinions of random posters, it is based upon the sources they use and link to. You wouldn't understand that concept since you rarely, if ever, provide links to anything you say.

Forum List

Back