Carolina Reapers - Hottest Peppers In The World

S.J.

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2012
So. Cal.
Have you ever eaten one of theses? They're the hottest peppers in the world. Just cutting them open will make you start coughing if you get too close. Touch your tongue to one and it'll feel like it's on fire. These babies are scorchers. My son planted about half a dozen plants and we have around 50 peppers now. We have a lot of Mexican neighbors and we passed out a few samples. Next time I saw them I asked if they wanted some more and they all said "no thanks, they're too hot". You know they're hot if you can't even get the Mexicans to eat them. LOL

51ry4OoY%2BhL._SX425_.jpg

i love hot food, but heat without flavor just to be hot isn't acceptable.

Reapers are so hot they don't taste like anything but heat. I can't think of one realistic use for them.

Even a ghost pepper, yes it's hot as fuck, but that's all it is heat.

Screw that.

i love hot food, but heat without flavor just to be hot isn't acceptable.

Reapers are so hot they don't taste like anything but heat. I can't think of one realistic use for them.

Even a ghost pepper, yes it's hot as fuck, but that's all it is heat.

Screw that.
I agree. I used a couple in a pot of chili and it didn't add a thing to the flavor, just a lot of heat. They are good for playing tricks on people though, especially the ones who say they can handle anything. "Here, try a bite of this one".

I'll just stick with jalapenos, or habeneros. They both bring heat and flavor. I prefer the jalapenos even though they are not as hot.

I'll just stick with jalapenos, or habeneros. They both bring heat and flavor. I prefer the jalapenos even though they are not as hot.
I like to stuff jalapenos with cheese and bake them in the oven. Very tasty. Here's another one that's hot but not unbearable.

Orange-7-pod-3-copy-e1430467002399.jpg

And these are good too. Star of Turkey, pretty hot but good flavor.

$_35.JPG

I like to stuff jalapenos with cheese and bake them in the oven. Very tasty. Here's another one that's hot but not unbearable.

$_35.JPG

I love jalapenos and I love cheese, but I do not like the stuffed jalapenos. Isn't that strange?

I like my jalapenos just pickled and piled on top of whatever I'm eating, or just on chips.

$_35.JPG

I love jalapenos and I love cheese, but I do not like the stuffed jalapenos. Isn't that strange?

I like my jalapenos just pickled and piled on top of whatever I'm eating, or just on chips.
I like them sliced like pickles on hamburgers too.

$_35.JPG

I like them sliced like pickles on hamburgers too.

If I'm gonna do that, I'm going whole hog and making guacamole for my burger.

MMMM Guac on a burger

MY guac, not that store bought crap.

The Scotch Bonnet or Habanero is about as hot as I go.
Any hotter and it's torture.
And the good thing about em both? They actually taste good and the heat doesnt drag on like a Jalapeno.

And the good thing about em both? They actually taste good and the heat doesnt drag on like a Jalapeno.

As a rule , the habanero is MUCH hotter than a jalapeno.

around here with eat jalapenos on everything, eggs, burgers, tacos, whatever, i could eat them plain.

around here with eat jalapenos on everything, eggs, burgers, tacos, whatever, i could eat them plain.

The point is no matter how hot a Scotch Bonnet or Habanero is,it only last a couple of minutes vs. the good six or seven of a hot Jap.
The capsaicin in a Hab may be hotter but the amount in a Jap far exceeds it.

The point is no matter how hot a Scotch Bonnet or Habanero is,it only last a couple of minutes vs. the good six or seven of a hot Jap.

That's because typically a jalapeno has more seeds than the other two. And of course the seeds is where the heat is.

I like the extended burn myself. I went to this restaraunt in Thailand once and ordered a bowl of Tom Yum. The old man taking my order asked me how hot I wanted it, I told him to bring it to me just the way he eats it. He actually told me "no much too hot for white man, I bring you tourist hot" I insisted and he brought me out the single hottest dish I've ever had. I ate ever delicious, painful drop of it.

that dish uses a Thai Bird's Eye chili that ranges anywhere between 50K and 100K on the Scoville scale btw. There are hotter peppers and dishes out there , but to me I wouldn't enjoy any hotter b/c where is the flavor?

That's because typically a jalapeno has more seeds than the other two. And of course the seeds is where the heat is.

I like the extended burn myself. I went to this restaraunt in Thailand once and ordered a bowl of Tom Yum. The old man taking my order asked me how hot I wanted it, I told him to bring it to me just the way he eats it. He actually told me "no much too hot for white man, I bring you tourist hot" I insisted and he brought me out the single hottest dish I've ever had. I ate ever delicious, painful drop of it.

that dish uses a Thai Bird's Eye chili that ranges anywhere between 50K and 100K on the Scoville scale btw. There are hotter peppers and dishes out there , but to me I wouldn't enjoy any hotter b/c where is the flavor?

Has more to do with the wall thickness of a Hab vs Jap.
Look at the thickness difference in the meat of the pepper.

Oh I love the Thai pepper,used to grow em in the backyard for decoration purposes,had a buddy ask if they're edible.
I said sure .......

Has more to do with the wall thickness of a Hab vs Jap.
Look at the thickness difference in the meat of the pepper.

Oh I love the Thai pepper,used to grow em in the backyard for decoration purposes,had a buddy ask if they're edible.
I said sure .......

Holy Jesus he didn't attempt to eat one raw did he?

The Reaper weighs in at 2.2 million units on the Scoville scale.

Forum List

Back