Carolina Reapers - Hottest Peppers In The World

The Scotch Bonnet or Habanero is about as hot as I go.
Any hotter and it's torture.
And the good thing about em both? They actually taste good and the heat doesnt drag on like a Jalapeno.

As a rule , the habanero is MUCH hotter than a jalapeno.

around here with eat jalapenos on everything, eggs, burgers, tacos, whatever, i could eat them plain.

The point is no matter how hot a Scotch Bonnet or Habanero is,it only last a couple of minutes vs. the good six or seven of a hot Jap.
The capsaicin in a Hab may be hotter but the amount in a Jap far exceeds it.

That's because typically a jalapeno has more seeds than the other two. And of course the seeds is where the heat is.

I like the extended burn myself. I went to this restaraunt in Thailand once and ordered a bowl of Tom Yum. The old man taking my order asked me how hot I wanted it, I told him to bring it to me just the way he eats it. He actually told me "no much too hot for white man, I bring you tourist hot" I insisted and he brought me out the single hottest dish I've ever had. I ate ever delicious, painful drop of it.

that dish uses a Thai Bird's Eye chili that ranges anywhere between 50K and 100K on the Scoville scale btw. There are hotter peppers and dishes out there , but to me I wouldn't enjoy any hotter b/c where is the flavor?
The Reaper weighs in at 2.2 million units on the Scoville scale.

Yes, and we both agree, that's too damn hot to be enjoyable. It's just hot to be hot.

Just cut up one of these babies. Damn, this is hot! The taste is really good if you can get past the heat, which hits you after about one second. Tongue gets numb, throat burns, and the nose starts running after a few minutes. The heat lasts a long time. I'd like to taste it in a salsa, that would be goooood.

Fatalii Pepper: Quick Citrusy Heat - PepperScale

Forum List

Back