Carly Fiorina (R-CA) announcing her presidential run on May 4, 2015

You can bet your ass-ets that the team of Media Matters and Huffington is gearing up for the same kind of hit job they did on Palin if Fiorina gets some traction.

Ms Fiorina....what is your favorite newspaper?

Evil bastards!

On at planet does being a career politician make you qualified to be president?

And on what planet is that the only way to get experience?

Gee...lets see

Knowing how to deal with Congress, international policy issues, building a political coalition, actually having WON an election before

That kind of experience?

And yet you elected Obama without that experience.

Experience?

Being a US Senator and President of the US is not experience?

Fiorina used her immense wealth to try to buy a Senate seat and lost to Boxer by 10%.....you call THAT experience?

Not if you rarely show up for the job.

But that's not true.

He also served on 11 subcommittees, rare for a freshman Senator.
He co-sponsored a great amount of legislation.

As for attendance:

Palin says Obama voted present in U.S. Senate quite often PolitiFact

That issue is very directly mentioned at the link.

Why must Righties always lie about stuff?

When presented with facts

Wait five minutes and repeat the lie

This fascination with CEO’s being president is really weird.

Running a company is not the same as running a nation. Foreign relations, military and lawmaking are not on a CEO’s skill set. Obama has also taught us that a freshman senator simply is not a very capable president – his ability to work with the other side has been dismal. What makes you think a CEO is suddenly going to make things better. I HATE the establishment but you must recognize that experience in how the system works is a necessary skill for a president at the very least.

You can bet your ass-ets that the team of Media Matters and Huffington is gearing up for the same kind of hit job they did on Palin if Fiorina gets some traction.

Ms Fiorina....what is your favorite newspaper?

Evil bastards!

"Ms. Fiorina.... what is your position on tax cuts?"

Trick question!!!

Running a company is not the same as running a nation. Foreign relations, military and lawmaking are not on a CEO’s skill set. Obama has also taught us that a freshman senator simply is not a very capable president – his ability to work with the other side has been dismal. What makes you think a CEO is suddenly going to make things better. I HATE the establishment but you must recognize that experience in how the system works is a necessary skill for a president at the very least.

I thanked you for the last sentence. Very cogent, imo.

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Fiorina to launch presidential bid May 4 WSJ Reuters

And in doing so, she is somewhat pre-empting Ben Carson and Mike Huckabee, both of whom are planning to announce on May 5th.

From the link:

Fiorina will announce her candidacy online and hold a conference call for the media,

FYI.

Discuss. Can Fiorina win?

What elected office did she hold?

She has never held an elected office.

thats in her favor. career politicians have fucked this country for long enough.

we usually agree, but you are wrong on this. Career politicians have no idea how the real world works, they are the reason we are in such a mess.

Want to get the country back to fiscal sanity? Trump/Fiorina.

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Fiorina to launch presidential bid May 4 WSJ Reuters

And in doing so, she is somewhat pre-empting Ben Carson and Mike Huckabee, both of whom are planning to announce on May 5th.

From the link:

Fiorina will announce her candidacy online and hold a conference call for the media,

FYI.

Discuss. Can Fiorina win?

Didn't she get run out of hp?

Yes, she did.

Only after practically running it into the ground. Hey Carly, ask about Hillary's accomplishments again, won't you? :lol:

we usually agree, but you are wrong on this. Career politicians have no idea how the real world works, they are the reason we are in such a mess.

That MIGHT be true (I say might because fiscally a company is not a country) but fiscal realities are not the only thing a leader must deal with. More importantly, they need to be able to work with the congress to get that fiscal sanity passed because if they are not able to then they get nothing done at all. This is not something that a CEO really deals with – no whinny fractured congress there.
Then, just as important, is the ability to deal with foreign nations and leaders. Being head of the military is NOTHING like being a CEO. At least law makers have some connection to foreign affairs.

There is a lot that a president needs to do that is not part of the CEO skillset and I really do not think that being a CEO lends a whole lot of credibility to a campaign. I will listen if they have good ideas and strong positions but not really going to vote for someone because they are a CEO.

Lastly, trump – really. Trump is a political moron. There is virtually no way I would vote for that idiot. If I wanted real-estate advice or creating a company he is a genius. If I want a representative – no way. Just because you are good at one thing does not mean you are capable at another. I would take physics lessons from Hawking – would not take baseball advice from him.

Why would having no fucking idea what you are doing be a strong point?

Btw why didn't you ask this question before you elected Obama twice?

Obama had actually been elected to political office four times. Never lost. Fiorina? One and done......had her ass handed to her

One and done? I'm only passingly familiar with Fiorina. But I'm unaware of her ever winning an election. Or even working on a winning campaign.
One attempt and got her ass kicked

To Republicans, that makes her the equivalent of Obama in 2008

Yepp. Obama, who won his Senate seat in 2004 with a crushing 70% of the vote.

Must have been low information voters

That MIGHT be true (I say might because fiscally a company is not a country) but fiscal realities are not the only thing a leader must deal with. More importantly, they need to be able to work with the congress to get that fiscal sanity passed because if they are not able to then they get nothing done at all. This is not something that a CEO really deals with – no whinny fractured congress there.
Then, just as important, is the ability to deal with foreign nations and leaders. Being head of the military is NOTHING like being a CEO. At least law makers have some connection to foreign affairs.

There is a lot that a president needs to do that is not part of the CEO skillset and I really do not think that being a CEO lends a whole lot of credibility to a campaign. I will listen if they have good ideas and strong positions but not really going to vote for someone because they are a CEO.

Lastly, trump – really. Trump is a political moron. There is virtually no way I would vote for that idiot. If I wanted real-estate advice or creating a company he is a genius. If I want a representative – no way. Just because you are good at one thing does not mean you are capable at another. I would take physics lessons from Hawking – would not take baseball advice from him.

we need a president who does not give a shit about political posturing and would do what is needed to fix the fiscal mess we have today, fix the international mess we have today, and put our domestic priorities where they belong i.e. creating stable jobs, not worrying about gay marriage and transgender teens.

Trump would do those things, but I do agree that he has zero chance to ever be president.

we need a president who does not give a shit about political posturing and would do what is needed to fix the fiscal mess we have today, fix the international mess we have today, and put our domestic priorities where they belong i.e. creating stable jobs, not worrying about gay marriage and transgender teens.

Trump would do those things, but I do agree that he has zero chance to ever be president.
I have not seen anything from him that suggests he would do those thing tbh.

If I seen a campaign that actually presents this and I believe it he might just get my vote. I don’t believe it at this time though. Everything I have seen from him amounts to hate politics and taking credit for shit he had nothing to do with.

Btw why didn't you ask this question before you elected Obama twice?

Obama had actually been elected to political office four times. Never lost. Fiorina? One and done......had her ass handed to her

One and done? I'm only passingly familiar with Fiorina. But I'm unaware of her ever winning an election. Or even working on a winning campaign.
One attempt and got her ass kicked

To Republicans, that makes her the equivalent of Obama in 2008

Yepp. Obama, who won his Senate seat in 2004 with a crushing 70% of the vote.

Must have been low information voters

Or lots of dead people come back to vote.

Here's any interesting article I found regarding her leadership at HP.
It's not politically oriented, it basically is on her leadership and decision making.

HP's Carly Fiorina era is finally over...good riddance
Walter Hewlett, you may remember, was the low-key, cello-playing scion of the Hewlett family who fought HP's then-CEO, Carly Fiorina, over her planned $25 billion merger with Compaq, which was announced 10 years ago next month.
Hewlett's point was simple: Just maybe it's a really bad idea to double down on a low-margin business like PCs.
Of course, we all know what happened. Hewlett's opposition was no match for the publicity-savvy Fiorina and her team of brass-knuckled marketers, who seemed a better fit for politics than the high-tech industry. (Which explains Carly's second career as the Republican loser in the race for one of California's seats in the U.S. Senate.) Hewlett folded his cards, went back to his quiet life, and Fiorina got fired three years after the merger because she was better at selling an idea than running a really, really big company.
To read the rest of the article go here:
HP s Carly Fiorina era is finally over...good riddance - CNET

So in the business world she was incapable of running a large company, but can she run the United States of America?
Laying off American workers and offshoring their jobs is what probably cost her Senate run. Would it bite her in the ass a second time?
So, right off the bat, she has a couple of double whammy's against her. Can she overcome her actions of the past?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back