Carly Fiorina and Other Republican Candidates

You continue to take this thread off topic so I guess I have to post a correction to your commentary:

Barack Obama says U.S. economy is creating jobs at fastest pace since 1999

President Barack Obama’s State of the Union address was notable for its celebratory language about the state of the economy, following a recovery that was widely considered long and slow.

Here’s one of the claims Obama made: "Tonight, after a breakthrough year for America, our economy is growing and creating jobs at the fastest pace since 1999."

We initially read this to mean that both the economy and the number of jobs had been growing at the fastest pace since 1999. That would have been a problematic claim, since the final figures for growth in gross domestic product in 2014 aren’t in yet. However, when we asked the White House press office for clarification, they responded that the president was making two separate claims -- first, that the economy is growing, and second, that the United States is creating jobs at the fastest pace since 1999.

The first of those claims is clearly true -- except for one quarter of negative growth in the first quarter of 2014, the economy has been expanding -- but we weren’t sure about the second part. So we decided to take a closer look at Obama’s claim that the economy is "creating jobs at the fastest pace since 1999."

Looking at job growth over the course of the calendar year

We looked at total nonfarm employment from December of one year to December of the next, using official figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Here’s what we found:

(See page for official figures)

Our ruling

Obama said the economy is "creating jobs at the fastest pace since 1999." The current jobs recovery isn’t perfect, but Obama is correct that it’s the fastest since 1999. So we rate the claim True.

Barack Obama says U.S. economy is creating jobs at fastest pace since 1999 PolitiFact

I guess it's a lost cause to say this....but it has been clear for years that Obama is a liar.

Nothing he says can be taken at face-value.

If Obama said the sky was blue...I would almost be compelled to get a second opinion, because he has lied to us so many times that I can't listen to him anymore.

You continue to take this thread off topic so I guess I have to post a correction to your commentary:

President Barack Obama’s State of the Union address was notable for its celebratory language about the state of the economy, following a recovery that was widely considered long and slow.

Here’s one of the claims Obama made: "Tonight, after a breakthrough year for America, our economy is growing and creating jobs at the fastest pace since 1999."

We initially read this to mean that both the economy and the number of jobs had been growing at the fastest pace since 1999. That would have been a problematic claim, since the final figures for growth in gross domestic product in 2014 aren’t in yet. However, when we asked the White House press office for clarification, they responded that the president was making two separate claims -- first, that the economy is growing, and second, that the United States is creating jobs at the fastest pace since 1999.

The first of those claims is clearly true -- except for one quarter of negative growth in the first quarter of 2014, the economy has been expanding -- but we weren’t sure about the second part. So we decided to take a closer look at Obama’s claim that the economy is "creating jobs at the fastest pace since 1999."

We looked at total nonfarm employment from December of one year to December of the next, using official figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Here’s what we found:

Our ruling

Obama said the economy is "creating jobs at the fastest pace since 1999." The current jobs recovery isn’t perfect, but Obama is correct that it’s the fastest since 1999. So we rate the claim True.

Barack Obama says U.S. economy is creating jobs at fastest pace since 1999 PolitiFact

you are truly brainwashed. Look around you, none of that crap is true. He is LYING to you, Hillary is LYING to you, and yet you continue to kiss their asses.
That was from PolitiFact if you read the article. He isn't lying and neither is Hillary, you all are just basing your opinions on Hate. Haters.
PolitiFact.com - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

University of Minnesota political science professor Eric Ostermeier did an analysis of 511 selected PolitiFact stories issued from January 2010 through January 2011. He said "PolitiFact has generally devoted an equal amount of time analyzing Republicans (191 statements, 50.4 percent) as they have Democrats (179 stories, 47.2 percent)..." Republican officeholders were considered by Politifact to have made substantially more "false" or "pants on fire" statements than their Democratic counterparts. Of 98 statements PolitiFact judged "false" or "pants on fire" from partisan political figures, 74 came from Republicans (76 percent) compared to 22 from Democrats (22 percent) during the selected period reviewed. Ostermeier concluded "By levying 23 Pants on Fire ratings to Republicans over the past year compared to just 4 to Democrats, it appears the sport of choice is game hunting - and the game is elephants."[24]

--------

A writer with the right-leaning Human Events claimed that after looking at Politifact's work on a case by case basis a pattern emerged whereby Politifact critiqued straw man claims; that is, "dismissed the speaker’s claim, made up a different claim and checked that instead." The conservative magazine noted Politifact's use of language such as "[although the speaker] used [a specific] phrase... in his claim, [it] could fairly be interpreted to mean [something more general that is false]..." Human Events cited Bryan White's PolitiFactBias blog to state that "from the end of that partnership [with the Congressional Quarterly] to the end of 2011, the national PolitiFact operation has issued 119 Pants on Fire ratings for Republican or conservative claims, and only 13 for liberal or Democratic claims".[27]

Last edited:
She forgot to register her name .org so someone else did. They put the following on their site:

Site Using Candidate Carly Fiorina's Name Attacks Her Record At HP

Just hours after the Republican Carly Fiorina announced her presidential run, she was criticized on a website bearing her name, for causing the loss of 30,000 jobs while serving as the CEO of Hewlett-Packard.

As Wired first reported, Fiorina appears not to have registered her dot-org domain name. However, she does have carlyfiorina.com registered. The dot-org page,carlyfiorina.org, has this message: "Carly Fiorina failed to register this domain. So I'm using it to tell you how many people she laid off at Hewlett-Packard." The site then displays several arrays of frowny faces. It continues:

"That's 30,000 people she laid off. People with families."

Site Using Candidate Carly Fiorina s Name Attacks Her Record At HP The Two-Way NPR

30,000 frownie faces. :(
This "story" reminds me of that time ROMNEY killed that woman

Lol
Dumb ass threads
So you're saying it isn't true she laid off 30,000? She said after that she only regretted not laying them off sooner. Yeah, she was forced out of that ceo position.
Someone doesn't understand the role of a CEO.
But lets not stop here. Let us now talk about feeding granny dog food & killing puppies
Uhm, she laid them off and only regrets not doing it sooner. If you read my last article, she was forced out but she took a hundred million with her for her trouble. She was the worst CEO of all time. Tell me what the roll of CEO is if not managing the company.

CEO
noun
  1. a chief executive officer, the highest-ranking person in a company or other institution, ultimately responsible for making managerial decisions.
Interesting.

Makes me wonder if you apply that same logic to Hillary & Obama?

Hillary the ceo so to speak of the state department presides over the death of how many in Benghazi....

Obama the ceo of our entire government presides over the bailouts & subsequent bankruptcy of General Motors which cost thousands of jobs. Forced dealerships to close & cost investors millions in lost revenue....

I'm sure however that you will say those scenarios are somehow different right?

Our ruling

you are truly brainwashed. Look around you, none of that crap is true. He is LYING to you, Hillary is LYING to you, and yet you continue to kiss their asses.
That was from PolitiFact if you read the article. He isn't lying and neither is Hillary, you all are just basing your opinions on Hate. Haters.

I am not expressing opinions, I am stating facts. Yes, ACA is great for those who are getting it free, but it sucks for those who are paying the bills.

Why not make medical care free for everyone? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? Just raise the tax rate to 80% of all income and watch the money flow out of this country like a fire hose.

you libs have no idea how this world works, you live in a fricken fantasy world.

If you guys can't talk about your own candidates and how good they are, just go find a Hillary or Obama hate thread. We have a whole lot of those. This one is about your candidates.

Our ruling

PolitiFact.com - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

University of Minnesota political science professor Eric Ostermeier did an analysis of 511 selected PolitiFact stories issued from January 2010 through January 2011. He said "PolitiFact has generally devoted an equal amount of time analyzing Republicans (191 statements, 50.4 percent) as they have Democrats (179 stories, 47.2 percent)..." Republican officeholders were considered by Politifact to have made substantially more "false" or "pants on fire" statements than their Democratic counterparts. Of 98 statements PolitiFact judged "false" or "pants on fire" from partisan political figures, 74 came from Republicans (76 percent) compared to 22 from Democrats (22 percent) during the selected period reviewed. Ostermeier concluded "By levying 23 Pants on Fire ratings to Republicans over the past year compared to just 4 to Democrats, it appears the sport of choice is game hunting - and the game is elephants."[24]

--------

A writer with the right-leaning Human Events claimed that after looking at Politifact's work on a case by case basis a pattern emerged whereby Politifact critiqued straw man claims; that is, "dismissed the speaker’s claim, made up a different claim and checked that instead." The conservative magazine noted Politifact's use of language such as "[although the speaker] used [a specific] phrase... in his claim, [it] could fairly be interpreted to mean [something more general that is false]..." Human Events cited Bryan White's PolitiFactBias blog to state that "from the end of that partnership [with the Congressional Quarterly] to the end of 2011, the national PolitiFact operation has issued 119 Pants on Fire ratings for Republican or conservative claims, and only 13 for liberal or Democratic claims".[27]

So Politifact is a lying scum liberal leaning cesspool, got it.

I'm wondering how those supporting Hillary reconcile her as a leader.

Big business, Wall St. friendly. Has a propensity not to tell the truth. Less than effective as the Secretary of State. Moves positions on political issues at the whim of a poll. Stood by her man, after numerous affairs. Has no concept on how anyone below the wealth of a multi-millionaire survives.

It's interesting how no GOP measures up, how does Hillary?

very simply. for all their supposed corruption, 1993-2000 were GREAT YEARS for most Americans.

Wages went up, oppurtunities flourished, we had peace, prosperity and plenty.

And really, if the worst thing we had to worry about was someone getting blowjob, we should count ourselves lucky.

Now, since you clowns are going to nominate Bush even though you don't want him, we know his father was a fuckup and his brother was a bigger fuckup.

But since this thread is about Carly, her claim to fame is that she ran HP so badly the board fired her, but not before 30,000 people lost their jobs and the company bled BILLIONS.

If you guys can't talk about your own candidates and how good they are, just go find a Hillary or Obama hate thread. We have a whole lot of those. This one is about your candidates.
Guess that means you can't refute my last post. A big person would just admit defeat rather than avoid it

I'm wondering how those supporting Hillary reconcile her as a leader.

Big business, Wall St. friendly. Has a propensity not to tell the truth. Less than effective as the Secretary of State. Moves positions on political issues at the whim of a poll. Stood by her man, after numerous affairs. Has no concept on how anyone below the wealth of a multi-millionaire survives.

It's interesting how no GOP measures up, how does Hillary?

very simply. for all their supposed corruption, 1993-2000 were GREAT YEARS for most Americans.

Wages went up, oppurtunities flourished, we had peace, prosperity and plenty.

And really, if the worst thing we had to worry about was someone getting blowjob, we should count ourselves lucky.

Now, since you clowns are going to nominate Bush even though you don't want him, we know his father was a fuckup and his brother was a bigger fuckup.

But since this thread is about Carly, her claim to fame is that she ran HP so badly the board fired her, but not before 30,000 people lost their jobs and the company bled BILLIONS.

Not voting for Bush. Don't care about Carly, she won't get my vote no more than Hillary will. If a Democrat is to win, I want the Wall St., big business connected Hillary to win. She will, like Obama will ignore the OWS groups. Of course the downside will be her elitist attitude and her hate for the common people.

Clowns like you think you know everything, that is why you are always fired.

Last edited:
Not voting for Bush. Don't care about Carly, she won't get my vote no more than Hillary will. If a Democrat is to win, I want the Wall St., big business connected Hillary to win. She will, like Obama will ignore the OWS groups. Of course the downside will be her elitist attitude and her hate for the common people.

Everyone gets fired eventually, sonny boy. Unless they sit home all day on the couch like you.

But that's not what we are discussing here, is it? Because we know when Bush is the nominee, you'll get behind him 100%.

Hillary right now is actually sounding a lot more populist, probably because even Wall Street is figuring out that income inequality is really a thing.

Everyone gets fired eventually, sonny boy. Unless they sit home all day on the couch like you.

But that's not what we are discussing here, is it? Because we know when Bush is the nominee, you'll get behind him 100%.

Hillary right now is actually sounding a lot more populist, probably because even Wall Street is figuring out that income inequality is really a thing.

Joeb, you are truly a clown, you have no idea what I do, another Joeb lie.

I never got behind McCain, I am not like you that vote party, so I doubt I'll vote Bush. Wall St. Is into income equality? Man, you can't stop lying can you. You are just like Hillary, no wonder you are her bitch boy.

Please don't make yourself look more foolish than you already do by claiming a right wing mythology quoting a radical left wing rag.

Jesus, you people an your inability to use the quote function.

"She" did not lay off those employees. HP's stock performance and bottom line did that.
The fact is HP is getting heat from competitors such as Toshiba, LG, Samsung and others. HP's market share of consumer electronics sales has shrunk. Production ansd sales were down.
Would you expect any company to keep employees it does not need?

first, she and all the executive still paid themselves seven and eight figure salaries. So the company coldn't have been struggling that much.

Second, this nasty witch didn't lay folks off because of business forces. She laid them off because she made a brain-dead decision to buy out Compaq to break into the Computer industry. Eventually, her successors had to spin that business off.

Third, she did such a bad job the families of the companies founders fought to have her fired.

This is another wonderful case of "Hey, let's nominated a rich douchebag because she's rich."

That worked so well for you guys with the Mormon.
Another emotional rant....
Joe, your insignificant presence is requested elsewhere......

HaHa, Sooo many layoffs... Sooo little time, huh, Carly? She has to start her campaign with so many excuses and denials, not sure how she goes anywhere but down from here.

Also, not to put too fine a point on it, wasn't that decision not to register carlyfiorina.org pretty stupid? I mean the .org one for a politician is always important.

Will HP Layoffs Haunt Fiorina’s Presidential Bid?

Blah, blah, blah, first four paragraphs skipped..

But her tenure at HP was not without controversy. In 2005, Fiorina – then 50 years old – was forced out of the company. According to an Associated Press article at the time, board members said she failed to cut costs and increase revenues as quickly as the directors had hoped.

Five years later, Fiorina threw her hat into the political ring in an unsuccessful bid to snatch the job that is still held today by Sen. Barbara Boxer, a Democrat from California who has been in the U.S. Senate since 1993.

While Fiorina’s economic policies may sync with the GOP, she may find it difficult winning the support of Americans who have been bruised by blistering rounds of corporate layoffs. A website that Fiorina didn’t register, carlyfiorina.org, reminds people (with frowning faces) that HP workers lost their jobs under her tenure.

“That's 30,000 people she laid off. People with families. And what does she say she would have done differently?" the website asks before quoting Fiorina as saying, “I would have done them all faster."

In recent years, HP has continued to endure big job cuts in the face of challenging times, which has included falling demand for personal computers. For the three months that ended Jan. 31, 2015, revenues fell 4.7 percent to $26.8 billion. In October, the IT giant announced plans to split into two separate publicly traded companies, including a business (Hewlett-Packard Enterprise) that will provide technology infrastructure, software and services.

Will HP Layoffs Haunt Fiorina s Presidential Bid

I never got behind McCain, I am not like you that vote party, so I doubt I'll vote Bush. Wall St. Is into income equality? Man, you can't stop lying can you. You are just like Hillary, no wonder you are her bitch boy.

A lot of rich folks are starting to figure out that they don't want to be the equivlent to a French Powdered wig in 1790.

So, yeah, that's why they are getting behind Hillary. They know the republicans are clowns. Unfortunately, thanks to the abortion that is Citizen's United, the GOP can be kept afloat by a few sugar daddies.

But at the end of the day, you'll get behind Bush, because you are a tool.

A lot of rich folks are starting to figure out that they don't want to be the equivlent to a French Powdered wig in 1790.

So, yeah, that's why they are getting behind Hillary. They know the republicans are clowns. Unfortunately, thanks to the abortion that is Citizen's United, the GOP can be kept afloat by a few sugar daddies.

But at the end of the day, you'll get behind Bush, because you are a tool.

Unless he changes some of his positions he will not get my vote.

Just because you are Hillary's bitch doesn't mean I'll back Bush. I have voted third party 3 of the last 5 presidential elections, I don't mind doing it again.

Right here:
Not all were left homeless. 30,000 were laid off.
Not even some. It takes much more than a layoff to turn most people out onto the streets. I would guess that fewer than one-tenth of one percent.

People get laid off. It happens.

The real homeless crisis was caused by Frank-Dodd.....but that's not the topic of this thread so I'll leave it at that.

No 30k homeless because of Fiorina. That's all I wanted to know.
Now you're going too far. There were some left homeless, a job at HP is a career. People lose their jobs, they have trouble keeping their homes.

Now, Muddie said in a quote to that particular misstep of mine that Hillary killed people in Benghazi. Do you believe that as well?
No, I think some al quida splinter terrorists in Libya killed people in Benghazi. The question is what did Sec. Clinton and President Obama know of it real time, and what did they do about it. Clearly, their previous answers were lies. So, the question remains. What did she know and when did she know it? As important, what did she really do about it (if anything) when it was clear our diplomatic people were under fire.

However, that too is not part of this thread topic and a something that has been fought over ad nauseum on this forum.

The point is this.....we've discovered we can't trust Hillary or Obama. They are both practiced liars. Everything seems to be getting worse on their watch...so why in the Hell should we allow Hillary yet another chance to sell us out....as evidenced by the revelation that she and her husband have been taking millions from foreigners. All of those bribes only assure that Hillary isn't loyal to American interests.
I don't know why your stating this to Me. I have no intention of supporting Clinton, and would not vote for her if she were Queen of America and demanded it of Me or forfeit my life.

Forum List

Back