Carlo Gambino- the greatest mobster in American history

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
By far the greatest. Hardly spent more than a few months in prison and ran the biggest and most powerful family in American history

Hardly attracted any attention or made any mistakes

In the late 50s , 60 and 70s , he was a god. Controlled hundreds of ruthless killers and ran billions in profits a year.

By far the greatest. Hardly spent more than a few months in prison and ran the biggest and most powerful family in American history

Hardly attracted any attention or made any mistakes

In the late 50s , 60 and 70s , he was a god. Controlled hundreds of ruthless killers and ran billions in profits a year.
gods dont die from heart attacks.....

Jerry Seinfeld lived in his neighborhood and was friendly with him most of his childhood. Says he was a very nice man and good neighbor. Probably was, if you weren't in business with him.

I never got why Yankees thought being a mobster was a great thing. It pretty much sucked as far as I could tell. Same with being one those biker scumbag '1%ers'. I laugh at the idea that they're 'outlaws' when they're obviously just as much a toady 'company man' as any suit and tie ass kisser is. Real outlaws don't join gangs and hide behind colors.

Jerry Seinfeld lived in his neighborhood and was friendly with him most of his childhood. Says he was a very nice man and good neighbor. Probably was, if you weren't in business with him.

I never got why Yankees thought being a mobster was a great thing. It pretty much sucked as far as I could tell. Same with being one those biker scumbag '1%ers'. I laugh at the idea that they're 'outlaws' when they're obviously just as much a toady 'company man' as any suit and tie ass kisser is. Real outlaws don't join gangs and hide behind colors.

I have always been very interested in the NY Mafia all my life
The 5 families
Chicago outfit- now gone
Murder INC
Meyer and Bugs
Lanksy

You name it

R.e067fbb538b608560078dfe86b2d3e81

So southern folks don’t care about the mafia

They were never as big a deal here. Our gangsters were different, not very organized, and the local police and pols kept them tame.

one reason I always laugh at the stupid stories re 'racism' in Texas are because of real life stories like this one, re 'poor oppressed Mexicans N Stuff:

Famed lawman tamed oil boom towns during the Great Depression, proclaiming “crime may expect no quarter.”​

During much of the 1920s, a Texas Ranger became known for strictly enforcing the law in oilfield communities. By 1930, discovery year of the largest oilfield in the lower-48 states, he was known as “El Lobo Solo” — the lone wolf — the Ranger who brought law and order to the boom town of Kilgore.

Manuel Trazazas Gonzaullas was born in 1891 in Cádiz, Spain, to a Spanish father and Canadian mother who were naturalized U.S. citizens. At age 15 he witnessed the murder of his only two brothers and the wounding of his parents when bandits raided their home. Fourteen years later, Gonzaullas joined the Texas Rangers.

Gangsters in NYC wouldn't be much of a threat down here. Too many guns. They were kept small time and ran crappy strip joints and small time numbers rackets in Dallas or Houston. Deanie O'Bannion had to move to Nevada because he was too crooked and got ran off. He wasn't killed outright because he mostly cheated black people, who were mostly crooks themselves.

The city near me was known as 'Little Chicago' for decades. People like Mickey Rooney and other rich and famous types came here to gamble because it was well known the local pols and sheriffs insisted on operators running honest games, and if you got caught cheating the customers you ended up at the bottom of a lake.

Last edited:
Gangsters worked for the politicians. The reason why they never found any vast fortune left behind by people like Capone and LAnsky is because the biggest cut of the money they raked in went to the politicians and police. The media made them the 'big shot's, but they were just the hired help for the most part, mainly working for the Democrats in most cities, with Philly and New Jersey run by the local GOP, and early on in Prohibition Chicago Big Bill Thompson, a Republican.

Forum List

Back