Car Generalizations...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DGS49, Aug 4, 2017.

1. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,371
    We have a local Saturday morning radio talk show called Auto Talk hosted by two guys who work at two decades old family owned repair shops that both have great service reputations around here. One of the hosts often says, "If you can't afford a new BMW you REALLY CAN'T afford a used BMW!"

2. Missourian

Missourian Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,325
    Love it...waiting to find one cheap with a blown motor and going to replace that over engineered computerized motor with a Chysler 340.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  3. Missourian

Missourian Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,325
    Driven old Ford F-150s for the last 25 years. Going to do the same for the next 25...

4. Slash

Slash Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +247
    Interesting. I got a big 4 door pickup. I can put my kayaks in the bed and tow my trailer with it for camping, and there's room in the back seat for a dog and the kid. For me it works out great. Anything longer than 5' I just lower the bed and strap it. Carried beds, lumber, rock, lots of random stuff. I will say that they've gotten HUGE. I had a 98 Silverado and think that the new Canyons/Colorado's are bigger trucks. The amazing thing is the towing capacity on these things. A half ton will easily pull what a 3/4 ton could max at 10 years ago.

I like the Civic SI, would enjoy seeing a Type R to try out though.

As for BMW's, I've always really liked the M series, M3 especially, but not wanting to spend that on one of those.