Zone1 Capital Punishment is Wrong!

Lets be honest with ourselves

State Legislators make strict mandatory sentences to brag to their constituents how tough they are on crime. All they do is fill our prisons and keep us from spending tax dollars on more worthy projects

We all love “democracy” don’t we. If the voters want it. THAT’S DEMOCRACY AT THE LOCAL LEVAL.

There are many reasons why but it's enough to just say that the convicted will be those who can't afford a defense costing 1/2 million dollars or more. Or are black people.

My own personal opinion is that it's uncivilized and amounts to the state (country) shirking it's social responsibilities.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I respectfully disagree in.many cases.

The POS lawyer in SC, for instance, who brutally killed his wife and son - Instead of being hiven 2 Life sentences he should have been executed.

Many murderers who have taken the lives of innocent victims and destroyed the lives of their loved ones - why should they be allowed to have a life after visiously denying / stripping someone else of theirs?

In the wild when a bear kills a human rhey 'put the animal down'.... but when some sick animal slaughters someone the murderer receives more concern for THEIR rights, humane treatment, and the 'suffering' they have endured while continuing to live, eventually being given their life back while their victims will NEVER get THEIR lives back.

In prison,the worst criminal offenders - violent murderers - will QUICKLY do what 'civilized' compassionate liberals will not do - they will kill anyone who hurts a child. They know the most vulnerable among us need to be protected.

Some people are evil...period. They have no socially redeeming value.
- Case in point: In tbe news just recently - a sick individual is shown walking up to a homeless man sitting on the.street,he pulls out a gun, and executes the huy right there without hesitation. He had no care for the man's life - pure evil.

Democrat / Soros-supported Liberal Prosecutors have helped prove some people just need to be executed. On MORE THAN ONE INSTANCE extremely violent, murdering criminals have been released without bail only to have committed murder AGAIN within 24 hours.

SO that's where I am coming from. Again, I respect your personal opinion, but I also respectfully disagree with it.

I'm not sure why we don't have enough mental hospitals today. I do know in the 1970's, there were a number of psychiatrics drugs being produced. The American Psychiatric Association began backing outpatient treatment in place of longer term psychiatric hospitals. As a result there were no new psychiatric hospitals and states were closing them putting money into community treatment centers. The plan was that patients seek help at small clinics and hospitals designed for short stays where patients could be evaluated put on a drug treatment plan and released to live happy productive lives. Of course that was pure nonsense that prevails to this day.

We have hundreds of thousands of people in this country who can not live alone and can not live with others due to their mental illness and there is just no place for them. After cycling through ERs, short term clinics, and groups homes for years, they end up on the streets and then jail or prison. In Washington State we have two adult mental hospitals providing long term mental health care as well as care for the criminally insane. One was built in 1871 and the newest one was built in the 1930s. The last I heard, there were over 900 qualified patients waiting for a bed. I have a granddaughter who has been on the waiting list for over 2 years. She is living in a group home, her 3rd in the last year.
I don't have hard data on this, but I have heard that the reason we don't have enough mental hospitals, and similar institutions, is because of a malign alliance about 40 years ago between naive civil-libertarian Leftists, and tax-cutting conservatives.

The former believed no one should be deprived of their liberty just because they heard voices instructing them to defy society, and the latter didn't want to pay for places to put these unfortunate people.

There is, or was, also a principled Rightwing position denigrating psychiatry and all its works by a certain fellow ... I don't know how influential he was, but his writings didn't help.

Anyway, in reality, we're beyond being able to make major repairs to the ship of state. It's lifeboat-building time.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I respectfully disagree in.many cases.

The POS lawyer in SC, for instance, who brutally killed his wife and son - Instead of being hiven 2 Life sentences he should have been executed.

Many murderers who have taken the lives of innocent victims and destroyed the lives of their loved ones - why should they be allowed to have a life after visiously denying / stripping someone else of theirs?

In the wild when a bear kills a human rhey 'put the animal down'.... but when some sick animal slaughters someone the murderer receives more concern for THEIR rights, humane treatment, and the 'suffering' they have endured while continuing to live, eventually being given their life back while their victims will NEVER get THEIR lives back.

In prison,the worst criminal offenders - violent murderers - will QUICKLY do what 'civilized' compassionate liberals will not do - they will kill anyone who hurts a child. They know the most vulnerable among us need to be protected.

- Case in point: In tbe news just recently - a sick individual is shown walking up to a homeless man sitting on the.street,he pulls out a gun, and executes the huy right there without hesitation. He had no care for the man's life - pure evil.

Democrat / Soros-supported Liberal Prosecutors have helped prove some people just need to be executed. On MORE THAN ONE INSTANCE extremely violent, murdering criminals have been released without bail only to have committed murder AGAIN within 24 hours.

SO that's where I am coming from. Again, I respect your personal opinion, but I also respectfully disagree with it.
That case in South Carolina is interesting -- the man was locally very powerful ... a classic case of money talking. (And an argument against the idea that democracy is necessarily more effective in smaller units -- his domination of his county was not especially unusual. It's much harder to have that much illegitimate influence at the national level.)

For anyone interested, there's a long background piece on this case in the New Yorker, here:
[ The Corrupt World Behind the Murdaugh Murders ]

(The New Yorker is a liberal/left publication, but still has some excellent journalism. They specialize in long background pieces. And, for that matter, the New York Times and Washington Post are quality publications when not doing liberal agitprop. You just have to ignore their Leftist bias, when they're doing politics. And when they're not doing politics -- say, articles on developments in science -- they're very good. )

Learn from the Enemy.

The United States has the most prisoners of any county, approximated 1.6 million about the same as China with a population of 4.5 times that of the US.
That's because China is less tolerant of crime than America.

Anyone really interested in understanding this subject needs to read this article:
[ Mass Incarceration Hysteria | City Journal ]

Some of what's being said here about some prisoners needing to be in mental hospitals, not prisons is true. What happened to our mental hospitals? Read the article!
My city spends $Millions on bike paths, then complains that there isn't enough money to address these problems. That's like buying your family new clothes while they waste away from malnutrition.

My city spends $Millions on bike paths, then complains that there isn't enough money to address these problems. That's like buying your family new clothes while they waste away from malnutrition.

So you would rather build prisons than bike paths

Typical Conservative priorities

I don't have hard data on this, but I have heard that the reason we don't have enough mental hospitals, and similar institutions, is because of a malign alliance about 40 years ago between naive civil-libertarian Leftists, and tax-cutting conservatives.

The former believed no one should be deprived of their liberty just because they heard voices instructing them to defy society, and the latter didn't want to pay for places to put these unfortunate people.

There is, or was, also a principled Rightwing position denigrating psychiatry and all its works by a certain fellow ... I don't know how influential he was, but his writings didn't help.

Anyway, in reality, we're beyond being able to make major repairs to the ship of state. It's lifeboat-building time.
I believe this happened during the Reagan years.

So you would rather build prisons than bike paths

Typical Conservative priorities
Priorities are...priorities.

"Safety First", and facilities for the homeless, addicts, and the mentally ill, fix the roads, clean up the lakes, pay off debts, and if there's money left over, build some bike paths. ;)

Priorities are...priorities.

"Safety First", and facilities for the homeless, addicts, and the mentally ill, fix the roads, clean up the lakes, pay off debts, and if there's money left over, build some bike paths. ;)

Republicans oppose all those things
But they always find the money for wars or prisons

Republicans oppose all those things
But they always find the money for wars or prisons
It's a dangerous world. We need the military, and prisons.

Our roads and lakes have suffered through both administrations here.

As a final act of hubris some of these bike paths are built along the shores of our polluted lakes.

Last edited:
It's a dangerous world. We need the military, and prisons.

Our roads and lakes have suffered through both administrations here.

As a final act of hubris some of these bike paths are built along the shores of our polluted lakes.

Typical Republican
Fear monger about foreign threats and crime

We need money for Schools, healthcare, parks and recreation, public welfare
Republicans: We can’t afford it

We need money for wars and prisons
Republicans: How much do you need?

Typical Republican
Fear monger about foreign threats and crime

We need money for Schools, healthcare, parks and recreation, public welfare
Republicans: We can’t afford it

We need money for wars and prisons
Republicans: How much do you need?
Crime and war should be feared. Regarding healthcare, Americans have chosen healthcare over health. Bad choice.

Regarding 'parks and recreation' my city has turned what was once the most popular park in the city into a nature preserve for wildlife. People don't use it anymore. What you can't see is the goose shit that blankets all the green spaces in the entire park. Shown at the right is an aquatic weed harvester clearing the weeds from the lagoons for winter ice skating. During the summer the lagoons are a weed-choked, mosquito infested swamp, fertilized by the goose shit
Empty park.JPG
.Prior to the treehuggers taking over city government the park was filled with people. Now it's filled with geese, and goose shit.

Geese in park.JPG

Last edited:
Crime and war should be feared. Regarding healthcare, Americans have chosen healthcare over health. Bad choice.

Regarding 'parks and recreation' my city has turned what was once the most popular park in the city into a nature preserve for wildlife. People don't use it anymore. What you can't see is the goose shit that blankets all the green spaces in the entire park. Shown at the right is an aquatic weed harvester clearing the weeds from the lagoons for winter ice skating. During the summer the lagoons are a weed-choked, mosquito infested swamp, fertilized by the goose shit View attachment 762433.Prior to the treehuggers taking over city government the park was filled with people. Now it's filled with geese, and goose shit.

View attachment 762436
Make a nice location for a prison

There are many reasons why but it's enough to just say that the convicted will be those who can't afford a defense costing 1/2 million dollars or more. Or are black people.

My own personal opinion is that it's uncivilized and amounts to the state (country) shirking it's social responsibilities.
Things said by softass future crime victims with mush for brains.

Regarding 'parks and recreation' my city has turned what was once the most popular park in the city into a nature preserve for wildlife. People don't use it anymore. What you can't see is the goose shit that blankets all the green spaces in the entire park. Shown at the right is an aquatic weed harvester clearing the weeds from the lagoons for winter ice skating. During the summer the lagoons are a weed-choked, mosquito infested swamp, fertilized by the goose shit View attachment 762433.Prior to the treehuggers taking over city government the park was filled with people. Now it's filled with geese, and goose shit.

View attachment 762436
Well at least people know where to go to procure Christmas dinner!

That's one of the reason why I oppose capital punishment. Executing a person such as that is turning away from accepting social responsibility and that just creates more like him.

This has become obvious in America because social responsibility is cast aside in the rush for blood and revenge.

A country creates it's evil people in all situation such as that one, with the exception of cases of mental illness, and that's where execution is ruled out. I've responded to you because you're taking the time to make it appear that you care.

I'm interested in what you have to say if you can continue in a polite spirit.

I support capital punishment. It will help solve overcrowding in prisons and stop repeat offenders.

Forum List

Back