Can't take all the anti-Russia hysteria seriously

Wow, this is a hot mess. I will just make one point.

Russia did not have designs on Eastern Ukraine nor Crimea. That happened out of circumstance. The circumstance was the illegal coup in Ukraine that was orchestrated by the US.
No "circumstance" can justify Russia annexing Crimea nor its involvement in eastern Ukraine which was a sovereign independent country.
Interesting that you would ignore the US involvement in a sovereign country that was for all purposes an attack on Russia. Hillary's illegal coup in Ukraine is the gift that keeps on giving.
Your wild allegation that Hillary Clinton led a coup in Ukraine is too preposterous to warrant an answer.
FFS, she always sends her diplomats to pass out treats to protesters? To feign indignation at the accusation is ridiculous given her history at State.
nuland-kyiv.jpg.cf.jpg
Your comment is incoherent. Sorry.
Don't be sorry, you are a waste of my time anyway.

Russia under Putin has no respect for international law. The country is a kleptocracy with all the new millionaires coming from Putin's KGB cronies, getting rich from formerly state-owned energy companies. Part of the treaty for Ukraine surrendering all its nuclear weapons was that its border would be respected by Russia which had designs in Crimea and eastern Ukraine. With the nuclear defense gone, Crimea was annexed and eastern Ukraine has seen Russian personnel supporting Russian-speaking rebels. Eastern European countries now in the European Union were, until recently, under the thumb of Moskau and they are in fear of the Russian Empire reclaiming what it once enjoyed, a dominance over half of Europe. Angela Merkel knows what that is like; she grew-up in the Deutsche Demokratische Republik (DDR) and with Donald Trump's expressed belief that NATO is obsolete, Europeans are concerned. What Russia did to the Syrians of Aleppo, it can do to any city among its former client states. Perhaps Americans do see Russia as its friend but Europeans do not.

Russia isn't the only country that has no respect for international law.

There is support for the belief that the rebels did that to Aleppo to get the West involved.

I wouldn't call Russia a friend, but there are much more important battles to be fought. The idea that Russia is the enemy of America is a new one created by the left in America.
Actually, it was the conservative right-wing Americans who for decades considered Russia to be America's biggest enemy.
Yeah that was the past and is irrelevant. Russia was not a serious thing until now. Hillary had the reset button, 0bama told them he's work with them after the 2012 election, and 0bama told Romney that his belief in Russia as a threat was ridiculously old fashioned.
Anyone who thinks Russia is no danger to world peace has a short memory. Romney was right about Russia and Senator McCain will be watching like a hawk to see that the United States is not put at a disadvantage by Trump's cronies.
I don't believe for a second that Russia controls Trump or any potential member of his administration. I do think that Russia is a danger to those around them. To world peace not likely. The Russia of today is a far cry from its USSR of the past and even in those days the cracks were showing.
Putin gave the Medal of Friendship to the Secretary of State to be. Putin is a man who is focused on regaining a position in the world which the Russians had in Soviet times and his actions in eastern Europe and the Middle East demonstrates this. Russia has a land border with many European countries, many of which were dominated by the Kremlin and the KGB. Putin was stationed as a spy in Dresden not that long ago and he is a motivated man.

Russia should not be our enemy. We both have the same enemy, and it is more important right now: Radical Islam.

Is Putin a saint? No he is not. There are no countries, not even ours that is above criticism.

We should be more friendly with Russia, we need to unite against Radical Islam.
Russia under Putin has no respect for international law. The country is a kleptocracy with all the new millionaires coming from Putin's KGB cronies, getting rich from formerly state-owned energy companies. Part of the treaty for Ukraine surrendering all its nuclear weapons was that its border would be respected by Russia which had designs in Crimea and eastern Ukraine. With the nuclear defense gone, Crimea was annexed and eastern Ukraine has seen Russian personnel supporting Russian-speaking rebels. Eastern European countries now in the European Union were, until recently, under the thumb of Moskau and they are in fear of the Russian Empire reclaiming what it once enjoyed, a dominance over half of Europe. Angela Merkel knows what that is like; she grew-up in the Deutsche Demokratische Republik (DDR) and with Donald Trump's expressed belief that NATO is obsolete, Europeans are concerned. What Russia did to the Syrians of Aleppo, it can do to any city among its former client states. Perhaps Americans do see Russia as its friend but Europeans do not.

There is support for the belief that the rebels did that to Aleppo to get the West involved.

I wouldn't call Russia a friend, but there are much more important battles to be fought. The idea that Russia is the enemy of America is a new one created by the left in America.
Actually, it was the conservative right-wing Americans who for decades considered Russia to be America's biggest enemy.
Yeah that was the past and is irrelevant. Russia was not a serious thing until now. Hillary had the reset button, 0bama told them he's work with them after the 2012 election, and 0bama told Romney that his belief in Russia as a threat was ridiculously old fashioned.
Anyone who thinks Russia is no danger to world peace has a short memory. Romney was right about Russia and Senator McCain will be watching like a hawk to see that the United States is not put at a disadvantage by Trump's cronies.

Romney didn't say Russia is dangerous, he said Russia is THE greatest geo-political threat to America. Which is a hyperbolic statement. But Trump is taking it to whole other extreme with his straight up bizzare pro-Russian positioning.

Obama's admin tried to work with Russia, but when Putin's regime decided to go get wild in Ukraine he led the effort on deep economic sanctions that helped drive Russia into recession.

THAT is what good policy on Russia looks like.

1. Improving relations with Russia is good. I don't know why the Dems want another Cold War.

Why is it good to reward the behavior Russia has been displaying past couple of years?

GOOD is to make Russia pay for the choices it makes.

Romney didn't say Russia is dangerous, he said Russia is THE greatest geo-political threat to America. Which is a hyperbolic statement. But Trump is taking it to whole other extreme with his straight up bizzare pro-Russian positioning.

Obama's admin tried to work with Russia, but when Putin's regime decided to go get wild in Ukraine he led the effort on deep economic sanctions that helped drive Russia into recession.

I believe Romney was right. There is no other country a greater threat to the United States than Russia. It has to be said that China must be second and they are peeved that Trump appears to be disrespecting the One-China Policy.

I do agree that hitting the Russians where it hurts them most with sanctions is a good policy because Putin is a ruthless bully who needs to be contained.

As a libtard, I disagree with Trump on most issues. However, there are a few things I will side with him on.

1. Improving relations with Russia is good. I don't know why the Dems want another Cold War.

2. NAFTA, TPP, TPIP, etc do indeed suck

3. Keep jobs in the USA

4. Russians did not get Trump elected. The Dems have only themselves to blame
1. "Improving relations with Russia" means giving Russia the green light to annex more territory in Ukraine and continue to help war criminal dictators like Assad.

2. American business will go wherever they can get cheap labor because the American public prefer to buy the products of sweatshops in Mexico or the Far East rather than pay more for quality union made American merchandise.

3. Everyone wants to keep jobs in America but American companies have to be competitive and American customers ought to be more patriotic.

4. The CIA tell us differently.
1. "Improving relations with Russia" means giving Russia the green light to annex more territory in Ukraine and continue to help war criminal dictators like Assad.

----Broad brush paranoia. Improving the relationship does not give them the green light to do anything. Obama's intel wasn't even paying attention when Russia took Crimea.

2. American business will go wherever they can get cheap labor because the American public prefer to buy the products of sweatshops in Mexico or the Far East rather than pay more for quality union made American merchandise.

----If you like these neoliberal trade deals than we just have a fundamental difference of opinion.

3. Everyone wants to keep jobs in America but American companies have to be competitive and American customers ought to be more patriotic.

----If restrictions and and consequences are in place, many of these jobs will stay in the US. It is a myth that products produced outside the US are sold at cheaper prices. These poor little companies aren't going to go broke. They are only looking to maximize profits at the expense of hard working Americans.

----The CIA is a politicized agency that has provided ZERO evidence of Russian interference. To trust them on their word is horribly naive. The FBI disagrees with them as does James Clapper the United States Director of National Intelligence and the head of the 17 agencies that are constantly being referenced. Russian interference is a false narrative intended to discredit Trump, shift blame for the Democrats loss, censor news stories they don't like and further the Dems misguided desire for a Cold War with Russia.

Russia dangerous? So dangerous that Obama pulled our defensive Pershing II missle's out of Poland? Russia bears being watched, but that doesn't mean we have go on a war footing with them.

Why is that when a Democrat is in the White House we need to normalize relations with Russia, but when a Republican is there we need to cut relations with them and start a staring contest.

Typical LWLT double standard.
I cannot reply to your comment because I do not understand LWLT.

LWLT = Left Wing Looney Toon.

Last edited:

I don't believe for a second that Russia controls Trump or any potential member of his administration. I do think that Russia is a danger to those around them. To world peace not likely. The Russia of today is a far cry from its USSR of the past and even in those days the cracks were showing.
Putin gave the Medal of Friendship to the Secretary of State to be. Putin is a man who is focused on regaining a position in the world which the Russians had in Soviet times and his actions in eastern Europe and the Middle East demonstrates this. Russia has a land border with many European countries, many of which were dominated by the Kremlin and the KGB. Putin was stationed as a spy in Dresden not that long ago and he is a motivated man.
Don't care if Putin gave Tillerson the keys to the Kremlin it doesn't mean he's beholden to them. More likely he was given the medal because of he was the CEO of that international company ExxonMobil and Russia has huge oil reserves. Obama was given the Nobel Peace prize does that make him beholden to buy whatever the fuck Stockholm produces. does it give them secret access to the President ? Well shit no it doesn't. They aren't the Clintons.

I seriously doubt the Trump administration will be making any back room deals with the Russians not with the Democrats waiting in the background like a pack of rabid dogs, they aren't the Clintons . Regardless of what Libs and some of the old GOP think of Trump he couldn't have gotten where he is now by being stupid and he doesn't strike me as the sort who surrounds himself with stupid people either. I doubt anyone has owned him in a very long time if ever. I'll say it again, they aren't the Clintons.

Last edited:

----Broad brush paranoia. Improving the relationship does not give them the green light to do anything. Obama's intel wasn't even paying attention when Russia took Crimea.

???? how could have good "intel" stop Putin from annexing Crimea? Should we, instead of sanctions, have put our troops on his border based on this amazing intel on quickly evolving situation in Ukraine?

What is your actual policy position?

Russian actions are real and need a real, proportionate response - that is not paranoia, that is rational foreign policy.

As a libtard, I disagree with Trump on most issues. However, there are a few things I will side with him on.

2. NAFTA, TPP, TPIP, etc do indeed suck

3. Keep jobs in the USA

4. Russians did not get Trump elected. The Dems have only themselves to blame

----If you like these neoliberal trade deals than we just have a fundamental difference of opinion.

----If restrictions and and consequences are in place, many of these jobs will stay in the US. It is a myth that products produced outside the US are sold at cheaper prices. These poor little companies aren't going to go broke. They are only looking to maximize profits at the expense of hard working Americans.

----The CIA is a politicized agency that has provided ZERO evidence of Russian interference. To trust them on their word is horribly naive. The FBI disagrees with them as does James Clapper the United States Director of National Intelligence and the head of the 17 agencies that are constantly being referenced. Russian interference is a false narrative intended to discredit Trump, shift blame for the Democrats loss, censor news stories they don't like and further the Dems misguided desire for a Cold War with Russia.
On your last point and your refusal to believe the Russians did not hack the Democratic network and then arrange for Wikileaks to constantly drip bad publicity about emails, I am prepared to believe that because they must have believed they could do business better with Trump. It is easy to believe that the Russians have the capability and the motivation as well as the opportunity. This is further credible by the response of Kremlin to Trump's victory.

Why is it good to reward the behavior Russia has been displaying past couple of years?

GOOD is to make Russia pay for the choices it makes.
Improving relations is not rewarding their behavior. When we fuck with Russia, it encourages bad behavior on their part and makes things even worse. Your desire "punish" Russia will solve nothing and only make matters worse.

It's not going to go away no matter how much you Trumpbots try to ignore it. The way nonchalant way Trump has acted has insured that this will dog him every step of his presidency.
The claims are absurd, the Dems are absurd, and you are a turd to decide how Donald Trump should act when absurd children are making absurd claims and stamping their absurd little feet.

???? how could have good "intel" stop Putin from annexing Crimea? Should we, instead of sanctions, have put our troops on his border based on this amazing intel on quickly evolving situation in Ukraine?

What is your actual policy position?

Russian actions are real and need a real, proportionate response - that is not paranoia, that is rational foreign policy.
We not only didn't have "good" intel, we had none whatsoever. The administration didn't even know Russia had invaded Crimea until they read it in the paper. Had they been paying attention, they may have actually been able to do something but by then it was too late.

I believe Romney was right. There is no other country a greater threat to the United States than Russia. It has to be said that China must be second and they are peeved that Trump appears to be disrespecting the One-China Policy.

I do agree that hitting the Russians where it hurts them most with sanctions is a good policy because Putin is a ruthless bully who needs to be contained.
Grown ups don't assess foreign leaders in terms of "bullies" and "ruthless". Has Russia threatened us? No. So leave them the fuck alone. Now there IS one country in the world that not only is a threat, but is responsible for thousands of American war casualties and trillions of dollars in war expenditures just in the last 20 years. Know what country I speak of? Here's a hint, it's bff with the dep dir of the CIA, David Cohen.

Don't care if Putin gave Tillerson the keys to the Kremlin it doesn't mean he's beholden to them. More likely he was given the medal because of he was the CEO of that international company ExxonMobil and Russia has huge oil reserves. Obama was given the Nobel Peace prize does that make him beholden to buy whatever the fuck Stockholm produces. does it give them secret access to the President ? Well shit no it doesn't. They aren't the Clintons.

I seriously doubt the Trump administration will be making any back room deals with the Russians not with the Democrats waiting in the background like a pack of rabid dogs, they aren't the Clintons . Regardless of what Libs and some of the old GOP think of Trump he couldn't have gotten where he is now by being stupid and he doesn't strike me as the sort who surrounds himself with stupid people either. I doubt anyone has owned him in a very long time if ever. I'll say it again, they aren't the Clintons.
The Medal of Friendship I understand is one of the highest honors Putin can bestow. I agree that it was because he arranged for billions of dollars to flow into the kleptocrats in the Kremlin but Rex Tillerson was expected to earn that award for his future and continued dealings with Putin. It now looks like that can happen.

Trump has not been stupid but he is a phony egotistical loudmouth with his bogus university and airlines and his name on buildings which he does not own. We all know how such windbags can be operators of the system while taking for a ride anyone who trusts him, even the American people. I believe that the spotlight will be on him as never before and the United States' Executive Branch will be in chaos.

For fucks sakes, what does it take? Exxon has direct financial interests with Russia that were cut due to sanctions, Tillerson who ran this company all his life was openly against sanctions against Russia and now this guy is suddenly nominated by Trump-the-Russian-lapdog to be Secretary of State.

Stupid? There is nothing stupid about hundreds of billions of dollars at stake here for Putin and his American tovarishy.

Ask yourself - why Tillerson? Of all the qualified people, why does it have to be Russian tied oilman with absolutely no other experience?

Grown ups don't assess foreign leaders in terms of "bullies" and "ruthless". Has Russia threatened us? No. So leave them the fuck alone. Now there IS one country in the world that not only is a threat, but is responsible for thousands of American war casualties and trillions of dollars in war expenditures just in the last 20 years. Know what country I speak of? Here's a hint, it's bff with the dep dir of the CIA, David Cohen.
I am an adult and a blunt talker. People know a bully when they see one and Putin is one. Unless they are confronted, they can be indeed ruthless. History can teach us what happens when a bully is appeased. He perceives the diplomacy of others as a weakness and an opportunity to get their way. Putin is just like that.

Yes, Russia threatens the United States because it does not honor international law which protects the integrity of sovereign borders. What Putin has dome to Ukraine he wants to do to others, perhaps Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, or even Poland with which Tussia has a border and a history of redrawing borders there. These are American allies and America has an interest in protecting allies, until, perhaps, Trump. The United States also has an interest in protecting democracy. Were the Americans to do as you say and leave the Russians alone for them to do as they wish, then Putin would love that.

The Medal of Friendship I understand is one of the highest honors Putin can bestow. I agree that it was because he arranged for billions of dollars to flow into the kleptocrats in the Kremlin but Rex Tillerson was expected to earn that award for his future and continued dealings with Putin. It now looks like that can happen.

Trump has not been stupid but he is a phony egotistical loudmouth with his bogus university and airlines and his name on buildings which he does not own. We all know how such windbags can be operators of the system while taking for a ride anyone who trusts him, even the American people. I believe that the spotlight will be on him as never before and the United States' Executive Branch will be in chaos.

Exactly how does Russia expect anything is that just your opinion or is it a provable fact. Most countries that are not complete morons in the negotiating arena get sweet deals from oil companies their oil if that money doesn't reach the general population that's the leaders fault not the companies. . Look at Alaska they pay their citizens a stipend from the oil they let companies suck out of the ground it doesn't cost the state shit just like it doesn't cost any other countries that let in companies like ExxonMobil in.

I'm sure some of these deals are not exactly above board but any CEO who has an overinflated sense of morality wouldn't last long in the real world. That being said most wouldn't put themselves in the position to owe Russia If you let them in countries like that never let go. I believe Tillerson is too smart for that shit as they say time will tale.

For fucks sakes, what does it take? Exxon has direct financial interests with Russia that were cut due to sanctions, Tillerson who ran this company all his life was openly against sanctions against Russia and now this guy is suddenly nominated by Trump-the-Russian-lapdog to be Secretary of State.

Stupid? There is nothing stupid about hundreds of billions of dollars at stake here for Putin and his American tovarishy.

Ask yourself - why Tillerson? Of all the qualified people, why does it have to be Russian tied oilman with absolutely no other experience?
As opposed to who else ?

Forum List

Back