Can't Rent a Home in Omaha If You're an Illegal

I'm not sure how you should be able to do anything in this country illegal.

they should'nt be able to rent (or work or drive) ANYWHERE. they shouldn't BE here. they have no rights here. They're CRIMINALS just by being here.The Constitution is about the rights of US CITIZENS, which they are NOT. They are line-jumping dis-resectful punks who refuse to wait their turn.

Exactly. If you are illegal you shouldn't be renting anything. You should be deported.

No, the Politicians that refuse to enforce the border should be put in Jail.

Have you ever lived next door to a bunch of illegals? You wouldn't be asking that if you knew what they were like and what they do.

As a matter of fact, I have!

Other than an occasional fiesta where the music gets a bit too high, they are quiet neighbors who mind their own business and don't constantly come over seeking to borrow something.

Generally take good care of their homes and yards.

Don't race up and down the streets at all hours of the night and day.

They've generally been better neighbors than others I've had to put up with.

The ones in my neighborhood, destroyed the property, would get drunk and stagger to our yard drinking beer, throwing their cans in the yard and would make passes at my wife through the window....park 9 cars in their yard, have toddlers playing in the streets...

they should'nt be able to rent (or work or drive) ANYWHERE. they shouldn't BE here. they have no rights here. They're CRIMINALS just by being here.The Constitution is about the rights of US CITIZENS, which they are NOT. They are line-jumping dis-resectful punks who refuse to wait their turn.

Exactly. If you are illegal you shouldn't be renting anything. You should be deported.

Evidently you are blind to the efforts to control the illegals and how they sneak across...

I'm not sure how you should be able to do anything in this country illegal.

Fake I.D.s...They convicted a Mexican fellow in K.C. over the illegal I.D. operation. He made 3 million in 6 years before being caught, now he has a rent free 4x8 room at the pen.. was fined 3 million,and his accounts were cleaned out..

They have legal citizens that rent to them

Evidently you are blind to the efforts to control the illegals and how they sneak across...

Oh I understand that it is done. I had a friend that was in HR with a large farming operation in the central valley of California about 10 years ago. He assured me all of his seasonal workers had "paperwork." Common knowledge available on the streets of L.A.

Have you ever lived next door to a bunch of illegals? You wouldn't be asking that if you knew what they were like and what they do.

As a matter of fact, I have!

Other than an occasional fiesta where the music gets a bit too high, they are quiet neighbors who mind their own business and don't constantly come over seeking to borrow something.

Generally take good care of their homes and yards.

Don't race up and down the streets at all hours of the night and day.

They've generally been better neighbors than others I've had to put up with.

The ones in my neighborhood, destroyed the property, would get drunk and stagger to our yard drinking beer, throwing their cans in the yard and would make passes at my wife through the window....park 9 cars in their yard, have toddlers playing in the streets...
Throughout all this, have you called INS? I'd be very surprised if none of the other neighbors called immigration to voice their displeasure.

SCOTUS decided not to review an ordinance that bans renting home to illegals. It could open doors to similar laws elsewhere.

Attorney Kris Kobach, who defended the Fremont, Neb. ordinance, said Monday's decision gives a "bright green light" for other cities within the 8th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals that want to adopt such laws. The circuit includes Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, and the Dakotas.

Seems kinda cruel and even discriminatory. Yet, if the federal government won't do anything about the problem, who will? Maybe it's actions by cities, counties and states that will cause many to leave.

I'm personally torn by this. They come here for a better life and 99% of them seek work and avoid mooching on the dole. They try to raise their children to get and education and get ahead. But, in the end, they are criminals, people who have disobeyed the law. In other countries, they would be imprisoned and then, after serving their term, deported.

Read more @ Court will not review Nebraska tenant law | Al Jazeera America

Just a quick correction

Not Omaha, it's Fremont. Omaha is roughly 600K population, Fremont is around 35 to 40k

The only feasible solution is to jail any employer that hires an illegal. Enforcement of the law is the only way to stop the inflow of illegals.

The only feasible solution is to jail any employer that hires an illegal. Enforcement of the law is the only way to stop the inflow of illegals.

Had an ex contractor friend who hired an illegal. Did 18 months in a federal prison. He had a large lawn care company. The minute the news got out most of the people you saw mowing went from Hispanic to white teens.

The effect was remarkably quick

He went from a big house in a nice part of town to living in a double wide trailer. Wife left him.

Jughead is absolutely correct.

I do not understand why people are getting up in arms about this. Are we really suggesting that people who come here ILLEGALLY (meaning they broke the LAW to get here) should be afforded many of the same rights as others? Come on, give me a break. We should not be promoting that type of behavior.

I do not understand why people are getting up in arms about this. Are we really suggesting that people who come here ILLEGALLY (meaning they broke the LAW to get here) should be afforded many of the same rights as others? Come on, give me a break. We should not be promoting that type of behavior.

Congress and the White House are ignoring immigration law, this type of behavior has been promoted for to long.

If you leave your door open and say nothing when people sit down in your living room, your the problem, not the visitors.

the government is criminal

That, but also deport the illegal. They are the illegals.

That’s because you’re ignorant of the Constitution and its case law.

The 14th Amendment guarantees that all persons in the United States be afforded due process and equal protection of the law, not just American citizens, but all persons – including undocumented immigrants (Plyler v. Doe (1984)).

Moreover, those who are undocumented are not ‘criminals’ until they’ve been afforded their comprehensive due process, and found guilty in a court of law; persons cannot be subject to punitive measures absent due process, and are consequently entitled to a presumption of innocence.

With regard to this particular case:

The Fremont ordinance requires renters to get a $5 permit and swear that they have legal permission to live in the United States. First approved in 2010, the ordinance has survived several legal challenges and an attempt to repeal it at the ballot box in February.

The high court on Monday let stand an appeals court ruling that found the ordinance does not discriminate against Latinos or interfere with federal immigration laws.

The Federal court reviewing the ordinance may have found that the requirements were not punitive, where a $5 permit fee was not excessive and provided those requesting the permit are not required to produce some sort of document proving their citizenship or immigration status, thus avoiding discrimination.

Congress and the White House are ignoring immigration law, this type of behavior has been promoted for to long.

If you leave your door open and say nothing when people sit down in your living room, your the problem, not the visitors.

Nonsense.

No one is ‘ignoring’ immigration law; the laws are being enforced in good faith and in accordance with the Constitution.

Nonsense.

No one is ‘ignoring’ immigration law; the laws are being enforced in good faith and in accordance with the Constitution.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks! Just what I needed to brighten my morning.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow. Some of you guys lived in really bad neighborhoods then. The hispanics I lived next to over the past 40 years have always been polite, quiet, peaceful, clean and cooked some mighty fine smelling stuff wafting out their windows and always pantomiming (sp?) if we wanted a plate.

ummmm, we are talking about ILLEGALS right? not hispanics in general.
And...It doesnt matter how quiet they are or how messy or not their yard is or how the food smells their illegal!!

Forum List

Back