Canadians angered over "Buy American" rule

Barack Obama, who threatened during the presidential campaign to withdraw from the North American Free Trade Agreement unless he could renegotiate it, may delay trying to rework the accord as he focuses on the U.S. economic crisis.

SHOCKING! You mean our statist, pro-protectionism President wants to "renegotiate" existing trade agreements, say it ain't so Joe..... I wonder what he'll do if the Mexicans and Canadians tell him to go bugger off?

Yea, Mexico and Canadia really have that kind of a trump card! :rofl: Lord fucking knows they would both remain bastions of fucking wealth were the US to pull the nafta rug out from under their fucking feet. Give me a fucking break. Yea, Canadia sure is an imposing economic figure! Just look at all that trade deficit that they ALREADY don't muster. Yea, dude! I'm fucking AFRAID of Canadia! THIS is why you stupid, free market motherfuckers avoid Trade disparity like a cat does a bath.

America’s trade imbalance with Canada grew by nearly $6 billion in October, according to a report released Thursday by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.

American companies exported $22.01 billion of goods to Canada during the month, but U.S. consumers bought $27.97 billion of Canadian imports. The result was a shortfall of $5.96 billion.
U.S.-Canada trade deficit nears $6B - Wichita Business Journal:

How much of that is the strength of our currency relative to theirs?

do you find out where Obama is every day so you can face that direction when you worship him?

uh, weren't you JUST crying on someone's shoulder about how THEY get personal, guy? funny how that works.

What are you referring to?

Stand for Liberty said this to you yesterday: Don't sweat it elvis, that's just a tactic weaker minds take when they cannot defeat your arguements with reason or logic, they try to change the subject and make it personal. I'm guessing the next thing he'll wanna know is your religion so he can attempt to attack that instead of actually addressing the content of your posts.

So then you have a weak mind? And do you do it because you cannot defeat our arguments with reason or logic?

Seems like Stands4liberty was talking about you. :lol:

Obama was very clever in how he worded things.

Obama said he was going to fix what is wrong with NAFTA:

The Canadian Government says it was the Clinton campaign who told them not to worry about NAFTA, not Obama's.

NAFTA-Gate Shocker: Did Hillary's Camp Lie and Frame Obama? | Video | AlterNet

Now that we know from the 11,000 pages of Clinton White House documents released this week that former First Lady was an ardent advocate for NAFTA; now that we know she held at least five meetings to strategize about how to win congressional approval of the deal; now that we know she was in the thick of the manuevering to block the efforts of labor, farm, environmental and human rights groups to get a better agreement. Now that we know all of this, how should we assess the claim that Hillary's heart has always beaten to a fair-trade rhythm?

Now that we know from official records of her time as First Lady that Clinton was the featured speaker at a closed-door session where 120 women opinion leaders were hectored to pressure their congressional representatives to approve NAFTA; now that we know from ABC News reporting on the session that "her remarks were totally pro-NAFTA" and that "there was no equivocation for her support for NAFTA at the time;" now that we have these details confirmed, what should we make of Clinton's campaign claim that she was never comfortable with the militant free-trade agenda that has cost the United States hundreds of thousands of union jobs, that has idled entire industries, that has saddled this country with record trade deficits, undermined the security of working families in the US and abroad, and has forced Mexican farmers off their land into an economic refugee status that ultimately forces them to cross the Rio Grande River in search of work?

As she campaigns now, Clinton says, "I have been a critic of NAFTA from the very beginning."

But the White House records confirm that this is not true.

Her statement is, to be precise, a lie.

When it comes to the essential test of the trade debate, Clinton has been identified as a liar - a put-in-boldface-type "L-I-A-R" liar.

Some Canadian news outlets reported last week that Barack Obama's campaign had reached out to Canadian officials, telling them to effectively ignore Obama's concerns about NAFTA, claiming the rhetoric was just political posturing. Those reports turned out to be false. Canadian news also noted that Obama aides had contacted the Canadian ambassador with the same message. That turned out to be false, too. Both Hillary Clinton and John McCain read almost identical talking points, but much of the accusations proved to be unfounded. Nevertheless, given the attention and scrutiny, the largely controversy had a fairly significant impact in Tuesday's primaries.

do you find out where Obama is every day so you can face that direction when you worship him?

uh, weren't you JUST crying on someone's shoulder about how THEY get personal, guy? funny how that works.

It was Stand4liberty who said it, but he was talking to his lover Elvis. He said:

Don't sweat it elvis, that's just a tactic weaker minds take when they cannot defeat your arguements with reason or logic, they try to change the subject and make it personal. I'm guessing the next thing he'll wanna know is your religion so he can attempt to attack that instead of actually addressing the content of your posts.

Sealy...I'm on your side, I am a protectionist. More jobs for more American is a good thing for America...there is no downside.

Except for the fact that protectionism has never worked in a developed industrialized nation, unless of course you consider lowering standards of living "working", all it does is inflict deadweight loss on the economy with no appreciable long term benefits, not to mention giving today's global economy runs the risk of inviting retaliation from our trading partners.

What if instead of China not sending us any "wobbly-headed plastic dolls" China instead decides to say .. stop financing our debt and dumps dollars on the open market, or Canada decides to say sell their oil to the Chinese and Indians instead of the United States, you think you'll still be forging that steel in Eerie Pennsylvania?... "no downside", that's a good one.

Heck even that hero of the left Paul Krugman opposes protectionism.

OH yea! Just take a fucking gander at what your FREE TRADE BULLSHIT has done for Mexico-US TRADE DEFICITS!

Month Exports Imports Balance
January 2009 9,790.6 12,474.6 -2,684.0
February 2009 9,277.0 12,371.7 -3,094.7
March 2009 10,020.1 13,929.9 -3,909.8
TOTAL 29,087.7 38,776.2 -9,688.5

FTD - Statistics - Country Data - U.S. Trade Balance with Mexico

GOOD JOB, DUDE! BRAV-FUCKING-O :clap2:

CHINA, you say? Well let me go ahead and provide facts and figures that your reptilian fucking brain tries to avoid with bullshit jargon.. Ready, lil guy? Strap on your fucking seat belt!

Month Exports Imports Balance
January 2009 4,178.1 24,748.0 -20,569.9
February 2009 4,678.4 18,874.5 -14,196.1
March 2009 5,569.9 21,187.7 -15,617.8
TOTAL 14,426.5 64,810.2 -50,383.7

FTD - Statistics - Country Data - U.S. Trade Balance with China

Gosh, I WONDER what that NEGATIVE sign means, dickhead!

Stand for Liberty said this to you yesterday: Don't sweat it elvis, that's just a tactic weaker minds take when they cannot defeat your arguements with reason or logic, they try to change the subject and make it personal. I'm guessing the next thing he'll wanna know is your religion so he can attempt to attack that instead of actually addressing the content of your posts.

So then you have a weak mind? And do you do it because you cannot defeat our arguments with reason or logic?

Maybe you'd like to explain what the fuck that has to do with whether or not I was crying about things being personal.

SHOCKING! You mean our statist, pro-protectionism President wants to "renegotiate" existing trade agreements, say it ain't so Joe..... I wonder what he'll do if the Mexicans and Canadians tell him to go bugger off?

Yea, Mexico and Canadia really have that kind of a trump card! :rofl: Lord fucking knows they would both remain bastions of fucking wealth were the US to pull the nafta rug out from under their fucking feet. Give me a fucking break. Yea, Canadia sure is an imposing economic figure! Just look at all that trade deficit that they ALREADY don't muster. Yea, dude! I'm fucking AFRAID of Canadia! THIS is why you stupid, free market motherfuckers avoid Trade disparity like a cat does a bath.

America’s trade imbalance with Canada grew by nearly $6 billion in October, according to a report released Thursday by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.

American companies exported $22.01 billion of goods to Canada during the month, but U.S. consumers bought $27.97 billion of Canadian imports. The result was a shortfall of $5.96 billion.

Not enough to make you right.

Not enough to make you right.

I was asking for his opinion on the matter, you stupid ****.

Maybe you'd like to explain what the fuck that has to do with whether or not I was crying about things being personal.

I replied with fact/logic/details and you came back with this:

"do you find out where Obama is every day so you can face that direction when you worship him?"

I agree with stan4liberty. Your reply is what you get when weaker minds cannot defeat your arguements with reason or logic, they try to change the subject and make it personal. Rather than actually addressing the content of my post.

"do you find out where Obama is every day so you can face that direction when you worship him?"

I agree with stan4liberty. Your reply is what you get when weaker minds cannot defeat your arguements with reason or logic, they try to change the subject and make it personal. Rather than actually addressing the content of my post.

Are you an idiot? what do those comments have to do with Shogun's post?

Oh dear, pardon please. It's just that your postings are sooooooo, um, deep that I have to read them several times before ah git what yer sayin'.
:eusa_eh:
If I were you I'd forgo any attempt at witty sarcasm about "postings" and "depth" when your lack of reading comprehension is being called into question.

Besides you own musing aren't exactly Walt Whitman and people in glass houses probably shouldn't take up rock throwing as a hobby. Perhaps instead you should just stick with the inane talking point parroting, you seem to have a talent for that.

:eusa_whistle:

Thats pretty funny coming from the guy who sounds like Ken Mehlman in the spin room during his entire foray into this thread. Read any interesting trade deficit stats lately or does your free market capitalista bullshit keep you from noticing the negative sign in front of the big, scary number?

Are you an idiot? what do those comments have to do with Shogun's post?

I'm done explaining it to you shit for brains.

Canadian whiskey is like Kentucky Bourbon with a bite. A "pro" can tell the difference. My husband only drank Crown Royal for years until he drank too much of it, lost his job, then would drink anything. :lol:

I can tell the difference just fine, which is why I consider Canadian whiskey to be crap. I prefer American or Irish.

Nevertheless, whiskey is something they sell us besides oil.

Once again shamelessly promoting my home state, McCormick Distillery in Weston Missouri is the nations oldest continuously operating distillery. They produce the finest American Whiskey to be had anywhere. They also distill a very fine Canadian Whiskey.

am_blended-whiskey-1L.gif

Although I do hate Mccormick alcohol (come on, enough with the plastic bottles and orange whiskey) I knew a gal who knew a dude who designed a few of their bottles.

Nice Missouri plug though. VIVA THE SHOW ME STATE!

Obama was very clever in how he worded things.

Obama said he was going to fix what is wrong with NAFTA:

The Canadian Government says it was the Clinton campaign who told them not to worry about NAFTA, not Obama's.

NAFTA-Gate Shocker: Did Hillary's Camp Lie and Frame Obama? | Video | AlterNet

Now that we know from the 11,000 pages of Clinton White House documents released this week that former First Lady was an ardent advocate for NAFTA; now that we know she held at least five meetings to strategize about how to win congressional approval of the deal; now that we know she was in the thick of the manuevering to block the efforts of labor, farm, environmental and human rights groups to get a better agreement. Now that we know all of this, how should we assess the claim that Hillary's heart has always beaten to a fair-trade rhythm?

Now that we know from official records of her time as First Lady that Clinton was the featured speaker at a closed-door session where 120 women opinion leaders were hectored to pressure their congressional representatives to approve NAFTA; now that we know from ABC News reporting on the session that "her remarks were totally pro-NAFTA" and that "there was no equivocation for her support for NAFTA at the time;" now that we have these details confirmed, what should we make of Clinton's campaign claim that she was never comfortable with the militant free-trade agenda that has cost the United States hundreds of thousands of union jobs, that has idled entire industries, that has saddled this country with record trade deficits, undermined the security of working families in the US and abroad, and has forced Mexican farmers off their land into an economic refugee status that ultimately forces them to cross the Rio Grande River in search of work?

As she campaigns now, Clinton says, "I have been a critic of NAFTA from the very beginning."

But the White House records confirm that this is not true.

Her statement is, to be precise, a lie.

When it comes to the essential test of the trade debate, Clinton has been identified as a liar - a put-in-boldface-type "L-I-A-R" liar.

Some Canadian news outlets reported last week that Barack Obama's campaign had reached out to Canadian officials, telling them to effectively ignore Obama's concerns about NAFTA, claiming the rhetoric was just political posturing. Those reports turned out to be false. Canadian news also noted that Obama aides had contacted the Canadian ambassador with the same message. That turned out to be false, too. Both Hillary Clinton and John McCain read almost identical talking points, but much of the accusations proved to be unfounded. Nevertheless, given the attention and scrutiny, the largely controversy had a fairly significant impact in Tuesday's primaries.

Nope, someone commented that Bobo attacked me for my voting record. all I said was that he wasn't able to surmise my voting record.

Are you going to attempt the same sidestpe with China too? Do you think I'll run out of examples of the US getting pwned by bad trade deals and nations who don't import as much as WE do?

Are you going to attempt the same sidestpe with China too? Do you think I'll run out of examples of the US getting pwned by bad trade deals and nations who don't import as much as WE do?

Nope. asking about your opinion on Canada. China artificially lowers the value of their currency.

funny how you think you know my voting record, considering you keep guessing incorrectly.
Don't sweat it elvis, that's just a tactic weaker minds take when they cannot defeat your arguements with reason or logic, they try to change the subject and make it personal. I'm guessing the next thing he'll wanna know is your religion so he can attempt to attack that instead of actually addressing the content of your posts. :eusa_angel:

Oh he will and has.

Looking familiar yet, tex?

Don't sweat it elvis, that's just a tactic weaker minds take when they cannot defeat your arguements with reason or logic, they try to change the subject and make it personal. I'm guessing the next thing he'll wanna know is your religion so he can attempt to attack that instead of actually addressing the content of your posts. :eusa_angel:

Oh he will and has.

Looking familiar yet, tex?

That wasn't crying. I was stating a fact. Make fun of my religion all you want. I could care less.

I was asking for his opinion on the matter, you stupid ****.

Elvis was a hero to some but he never meant shit to me you see he's flat out racist, simple and plain so fuck him and John Wayne.

I'm going to steal from shogun. Your opinion of Elvis Presley and John Wayne means two things to me: Jack and Shit.

HA!

good one! that made me laugh.

rep for you.

But, I quoted exactly what I'm referring to. I'm a big fan of evidence like that.

Forum List

Back