Canada is to thank for American Football

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Well I didn't know that. This is so interesting. I want us to give a round of applause to our neighbor Canada for giving us football:

In a Super Bowl ad for Canadian whisky company Crown Royal, Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl thanked Canada for modern American football.

American football has gone through various iterations over time, but historians note that it was first introduced to the U.S. in a version closer to today’s current form by Montreal-based McGill University in a game against Harvard University in 1874.

The NFL told PolitiFact it confirmed the ad’s claim with the Pro Football Hall of Fame before it aired.

Well I didn't know that. This is so interesting. I want us to give a round of applause to our neighbor Canada for giving us football:

Stupid anti-American propaganda. Walter Camp invented the rules of the modern game. It was based off a banned game of “mob foot ball” because of the violence and injuries it caused.

Stupid anti-American propaganda. Walter Camp invented the rules of the modern game. It was based off a banned game of “mob foot ball” because of the violence and injuries it caused.

Modern, American-style football has gone through several iterations over its history. American universities were playing something they called “foot ball” in 1869, but the game resembled soccer more than anything else.

The first version of the game to use an oblong ball in the U.S. and somewhat resemble the sport’s current structure took place in 1874, when Montreal’s McGill University took its rules to the states to play Harvard.

Pretty much yes. He isn't anti American so much as just a high profile troll trying to piss off people here on the forum. He is just a contrarian.

All of his posts end up with him thanking something that isn't popular on this forum.

I don't know why I hadn't ignored him before but I'm going to now.

Pretty much yes. He isn't anti American so much as just a high profile troll trying to piss off people here on the forum. He is just a contrarian.

All of his posts end up with him thanking something that isn't popular on this forum.

I don't know why I hadn't ignored him before but I'm going to now.
The sole purpose of right-wing trolls in this forum is to piss people off. But you accuse me? I think that has a name. projection.
And you're such a troll that you said absolutely nothing about football in your comment.

Forum List

Back