Canada: 'Al Quds Day' Speaker Calls for Israelis to be Killed

Sweet_Caroline

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2013
Don't they have some sort of law about inciting hate speech?

Canada: 'Al Quds Day' Speaker Calls for Israelis to be Killed

Elias Hazineh, former president of "Palestine House," calls for Israelis to be given a 2-minute warning to leave their homes "or be shot."

By Ari Soffer and Dalit Halevi
First Publish: 8/5/2013, 3:52 PM​
Jonathan Dahoah Halevy

The former president of "Palestine House," a Canadian NGO accused by the government of showing a "pattern of support for extremism," has called for the forced ethnic-cleansing of all Israelis Saturday.

In the video below, Elias Hazineh can be seen addressing a crowd of anti-Israel activists in Toronto during the annual Al Quds Day march.

"We have to give them an ultimatum," he said of Israelis, "you have to leave Jerusalem; you have to leave Palestine..."

But Hazineh did not stop there. Dismissing negotiations, he called for the forced ethnic-cleansing of Israeli Jews as a solution to the Arab-Israeli conflict:

"We say get out or you're dead. We give them two minutes and then we start shooting! And that's the only way they'll understand."

Nearly one million Jews were ethnically-cleansed from Arab states following the establishment of Israel, and today make up around half of the entire Israeli population.

Elias finished his speech by calling for war against the Jewish State.

"I am reminded of this verse from the Quran: 'And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and steeds of war' - that's the only thing that they'll understand!"

Al-Quds Day has been marked annually around the world since 1979, when it was established by Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khomeini to express support for “the liberation of Jerusalem" by Muslim forces and to call for the destruction of the State of Israel.

This year's gathering saw a mixture of around 300 Shi'a Islamists, radical leftists, and a small group of Neturei Karta activists, who were apparently unfazed by the event taking place on Shabbat (the Jewish Sabbath).

Demonstrators proudly waved the flags of Iranian, Syrian and Hizbullah flags, alongside pictures of Ayatollah Khomeini.

The annual rally took place north of the Ontario parliament building this year, after the provincial government rejected a request by the organizers to hold it in front of the parliament building itself, as they had done in previous years.

Sunni Muslims apparently boycotted the rally, most probably due to the war crimes carried out by the Assad regime of Syria with the full military support of Iran and their Lebanese proxies Hizbullah, against the largely Sunni opposition there.

Canada: Speaker Calls for Israelis to be Killed - Global Agenda - News - Israel National News

Well, I am surprised he wasn't arrested for incitement. I suppose laws are different there.

I have no doubt that many Palestinians in Gaza feel that way

But this was in Toronto.

Which is 5 hours away from where I live

People saying those kind of things less than 30 minutes from where I live.

So, you didn't get the short straw
m0108.gif

It was how he said it, with specifics. That would certainly be an excuse for arrest and being charged, but I suppose Canada's law on incitement is lax.

Sweet_Caroline, Lipush, toastman, ForeverYoung436, et al,

This is common speech, and threat projection, used quite frequently by the Palestinians. It is what make them danger and merely updates the violent attitude they maintain.

Article 9: Armed struggle is the only way to liberate Palestine. (PNC Charter)
Article 13: There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. (HAMAS Covenant)

Actually, in a way, it reaffirms the need to maintain the quarantine around the Palestinians and further lends justification to counter the implementation of General Assembly Resolution 194(III):

EXCERPT Para #11 A/RES/194 (III) 11 December 1948 said:
Resolves that the refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbours should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date, and that compensation should be paid for the property of those choosing not to return and for loss of or damage to property which, under principles of international law or in equity, should be made good by the Governments or authorities responsible;

NOTE: There are no known Palestinians, refugee or otherwise, that are willing to: "return to their homes and live at peace with" Israelis.
Actually, the Israelis need to thank "Elias Hazineh" for his positive contribution to the justification for further Occupation of Palestine.

Well, I am surprised he wasn't arrested for incitement. I suppose laws are different there.
(COMMENT)

Well, actually, there might be an international conflict with the law; but I don't think anyone is going to push it.

Remembering that the State of Palestine (Gaza Strip and West Bank) has been formally recognized, for more than two decades, by the UN (A/RES/43/177 15 December 1988).

ANNEX - Plan of Action: Part II. Measures to prevent and combat terrorism said:
A/RES/60/288

We resolve to undertake the following measures to prevent and combat terrorism, in particular by denying terrorists access to the means to carry out their attacks, to their targets and to the desired impact of their attacks:

To refrain from organizing, instigating, facilitating, participating in, financing, encouraging or tolerating terrorist activities and to take appropriate practical measures to ensure that our respective territories are not used for terrorist installations or training camps, or for the preparation or organization of terrorist acts intended to be committed against other States or their citizens.​

I think this would apply to Article 9 terrorist and Article 13 Jihadist.

Most Respectfully,
R

Sweet_Caroline, Lipush, toastman, ForeverYoung436, et al,

This is common speech, and threat projection, used quite frequently by the Palestinians. It is what make them danger and merely updates the violent attitude they maintain.

Article 9: Armed struggle is the only way to liberate Palestine. (PNC Charter)
Article 13: There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. (HAMAS Covenant)

Actually, in a way, it reaffirms the need to maintain the quarantine around the Palestinians and further lends justification to counter the implementation of General Assembly Resolution 194(III):

EXCERPT Para #11 A/RES/194 (III) 11 December 1948 said:
Resolves that the refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbours should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date, and that compensation should be paid for the property of those choosing not to return and for loss of or damage to property which, under principles of international law or in equity, should be made good by the Governments or authorities responsible;

NOTE: There are no known Palestinians, refugee or otherwise, that are willing to: "return to their homes and live at peace with" Israelis.
Actually, the Israelis need to thank "Elias Hazineh" for his positive contribution to the justification for further Occupation of Palestine.

(COMMENT)

Well, actually, there might be an international conflict with the law; but I don't think anyone is going to push it.

Remembering that the State of Palestine (Gaza Strip and West Bank) has been formally recognized, for more than two decades, by the UN (A/RES/43/177 15 December 1988).

ANNEX - Plan of Action: Part II. Measures to prevent and combat terrorism said:
A/RES/60/288

We resolve to undertake the following measures to prevent and combat terrorism, in particular by denying terrorists access to the means to carry out their attacks, to their targets and to the desired impact of their attacks:

To refrain from organizing, instigating, facilitating, participating in, financing, encouraging or tolerating terrorist activities and to take appropriate practical measures to ensure that our respective territories are not used for terrorist installations or training camps, or for the preparation or organization of terrorist acts intended to be committed against other States or their citizens.​

I think this would apply to Article 9 terrorist and Article 13 Jihadist.

Most Respectfully,
R

I agree 100% Rocco, on all of what you said.

The problem is that besides the Palestinians themselves, many or even all of their supporters believe that their armed struggle and the was they conduct themselves is completely justified . They consider it freedom fighting instead of terrorism

Hate has taken over as the primary fuel that stokes this conlict of fiery speeches and gun fire...If a settlement is not reached expect more of the same until it all ignites...

Hate has taken over as the primary fuel that stokes this conlict of fiery speeches and gun fire...If a settlement is not reached expect more of the same until it all ignites...

The arabs are weaker than ever and in disarray. The Israeli's are stronger than ever. Maybe you'll get your wish and it will all ignite.

Forum List

Back