Can you trust him?

Mitt can be trusted to say whatever he thinks we want to hear, whatever will get him votes. Then he'll flip flop because people's mouths drop open in disbelief. Mittens has been caught in dozens of lies. Pretty much every time he opens his mouth, out falls another lie. Same with Ryan. Now he's lying about his "plan".

Imagine Mittens on the world stage. He can't even talk to Americans. There is little doubt that he'll have us in a new war within a very short time. He has said as much, so has Ryan, and Mittens is just not smart enough to deal with world leaders.

Even if you don't like Obama, he has gotten us out of one war and an end date for the other. Instead of starting new wars, he has used amazingly surgical strikes to take out our enemies without killing hundreds of thousands and costing use trillions.

He's not the mealy mouth that Mittens is and has been willing to cost himself votes in order to the right thing.

Unlike RobMe and Robin, Obama has and will continue to fight for the middle class. While we've had lower taxes under Obama, Mitt and Ryan have said they will raise taxes on the middle class and lower taxes on their 1% cronies.

Mitt and Ryan are both lying about Medicare and rw's are falling for it. And, I have no doubt Mittens WILL take the Affordable Care Act away from us while keeping the same high quality, tax funded, health care for congress.

Even if you don't like Obama, he has gotten us out of one war and an end date for the other. Instead of starting new wars, he has used amazingly surgical strikes to take out our enemies without killing hundreds of thousands and costing use trillions.

obama followed a approved bush plan what's so hard about that? And if you don't like bush why would you support obama since obama has maintain what bush has done or enhanced it?

Unlike RobMe and Robin, Obama has and will continue to fight for the middle class. While we've had lower taxes under Obama, Mitt and Ryan have said they will raise taxes on the middle class and lower taxes on their 1% cronies.
Is that why we lost the middle class and gain a record number of American on food stamps? Is that why minorities have almost 20% unemployment?

obama will certainly fight the middle class, if not fight for them.

A company Romney owned was foreclosing on a family home leaving the family out on the street. Rather than see this happen Romney rented the home back to them until they were able to buy it back, at the same price Romney paid at the foreclosure sale.

Contrast that with obama's Parc Grove project in Chicago. obama and his developer friend Tony Rezko got millions in federal aid, pocketed the money and left Grove Parc Plaza become uninhabitable. So much for caring for the poor.

Grim proving ground for Obama's housing policy - The Boston Globe

Grove Parc and several other prominent failures were developed and managed by Obama's close friends and political supporters. Those people profited from the subsidies even as many of Obama's constituents suffered. Tenants lost their homes; surrounding neighborhoods were blighted.

obama was trusted to do to the nation what he did to Parc Grove and that's what he did. I'd rather trust Romney to do to the nation what he did to that family facing homelessness.

To thin k obama will be something that he is not nor has shown to be. If he was for the working class non union and minorities, the economy would better by now. and minorities would not be close to 20% unemployment.

The US has, in general, performed better during the recession than most of your trading partners - including those who have applied conservative solutions, such as France.

As I said earlier, I think all politicians in a country like the US do the best for the people who voted for them, and for their parties main support blocs. To not do so would be self-detructive.

So I think Obama is and will continue to do his best for the working class and minorities - and I think policies like healthcare and investment in infrastructure back that up.

Your thinking is flawed. obama had to be deceptive to get his healthcare passed and created a new tax on the middle class while doing it.

Your thinking is flawed. obama had to be deceptive to get his healthcare passed and created a new tax on the middle class while doing it.

Most politicians probably are deceptive at times, unfortunately.

Certainly I am not suggesting Obama has not been deceptive.

But like the man or loathe him, I am sure he honestly believes universal healthcare would be a step forward for the US as a country, and I do think the fact that healthcare costs in countries with excellent universal healthcare are generally 30% cheaper per capita than the US supports this as at least being a valid way of thinking.

I'm not saying you should agree or disagree with Obama on this - just recognise his way of thinking as being valid.

Most politicians probably are deceptive at times, unfortunately.

Certainly I am not suggesting Obama has not been deceptive.

But like the man or loathe him, I am sure he honestly believes universal healthcare would be a step forward for the US as a country, and I do think the fact that healthcare costs in countries with excellent universal healthcare are generally 30% cheaper per capita than the US supports this as at least being a valid way of thinking.

I'm not saying you should agree or disagree with Obama on this - just recognise his way of thinking as being valid.
Stop right there it's not about what obama honestly thinks it about him being deceptive and dishonest. You may continue.

Disclaimer: Mitt Romney was not even in my top five to be the GOP nominee when this campaign first started firing up. All those interminable debates did not increase my enthusiasm for him much, but did convince me that he had some solid common sense.

Since he won the GOP nomination, however, I have done my homework to find out as much about him as I can. What I know:

1. He is extremely uncomfortable giving himself credit, blowing his own horn, boasting about his considerable accomplishments. This in a sense handicaps him on the political scene, but I understand that and makes him more real to me.

2. He is a man of great compassion and who has been generous and selfless, as well as one who lives his religious faith, with his time, talents, and personal wealth.

3. He was born to more affluence than most of us are, though not necessarily more than most politicans are, but he has earned what he has. He gave away or has put every dime he inherited from his father into a charitable foundation. And in typical non-self promoting foundation, he didn't name the foundation after himself:
Boston MS charities get big gifts from Romney foundation - Boston Business Journal

4. Nobody who has ever known him, worked with him, worshipped with him, or been his acquaintance or neighbor has described him as devious, duplicious, dishonest, calculating, or scheming or anything other than a good, decent, honest, family and business man. Nor has he denied or had to explain or distance himself from any of the people he has been surrounded with his entire life.

5. His record of successes is varied and considerable with just enough disappointments and failures mixed in to keep a body humble and aware of what doesn't work.

Is Mitt Romney a saint incapable of misspeak, error, mistake, imperfection? No, he isn't. Who Is? Is he the right man to lead this country at this time? I don't know. But I hope we have an opportunity to find out because I now do trust him as much as any politician can be trusted. I trust him to love America. I trust him to care about people. I trust him to do his very best to accomplish good and to do no harm. And I trust him to surround himself with people who have a common sense approach to good government, fiscal accountability and responsibility, and promotion of proven principles that return the power to we the people to achieve success and prosperity as no government can do for us.

I wish he was more charismatic and exciting and made my heart go pitter pat. He isn't. but he is a good man. And I trust that.

No I do not trust Romney at all. Maybe if it wasn't such a secret campaign, like we are not suppose to know anything, just vote for him..:lol:
Gee, you just nailed Obama's campaign. That is the most secretive cluster of liberals I have seen in a while.

Why has Obama spent literally MILLIONS of dollars keeping his past a secret?

Gee, I wonder if I should trust that Marxist AT ALL!

Disclaimer: Mitt Romney was not even in my top five to be the GOP nominee when this campaign first started firing up. All those interminable debates did not increase my enthusiasm for him much, but did convince me that he had some solid common sense.

Since he won the GOP nomination, however, I have done my homework to find out as much about him as I can. What I know:

1. He is extremely uncomfortable giving himself credit, blowing his own horn, boasting about his considerable accomplishments. This in a sense handicaps him on the political scene, but I understand that and makes him more real to me.

2. He is a man of great compassion and who has been generous and selfless, as well as one who lives his religious faith, with his time, talents, and personal wealth.

3. He was born to more affluence than most of us are, though not necessarily more than most politicans are, but he has earned what he has. He gave away or has put every dime he inherited from his father into a charitable foundation. And in typical non-self promoting foundation, he didn't name the foundation after himself:
Boston MS charities get big gifts from Romney foundation - Boston Business Journal

4. Nobody who has ever known him, worked with him, worshipped with him, or been his acquaintance or neighbor has described him as devious, duplicious, dishonest, calculating, or scheming or anything other than a good, decent, honest, family and business man. Nor has he denied or had to explain or distance himself from any of the people he has been surrounded with his entire life.

5. His record of successes is varied and considerable with just enough disappointments and failures mixed in to keep a body humble and aware of what doesn't work.

Is Mitt Romney a saint incapable of misspeak, error, mistake, imperfection? No, he isn't. Who Is? Is he the right man to lead this country at this time? I don't know. But I hope we have an opportunity to find out because I now do trust him as much as any politician can be trusted. I trust him to love America. I trust him to care about people. I trust him to do his very best to accomplish good and to do no harm. And I trust him to surround himself with people who have a common sense approach to good government, fiscal accountability and responsibility, and promotion of proven principles that return the power to we the people to achieve success and prosperity as no government can do for us.

I wish he was more charismatic and exciting and made my heart go pitter pat. He isn't. but he is a good man. And I trust that.
and his continual flip flopping or as some on the right would label as ''lies'' if it were Obama doing all of that flip flopping doesn't bother you one iota and gives him the good character award and your ''trust'' in him? I guess I'm a little surprised by that foxfyre...?

Can you trust him, if so, why?

Still Voting For 'Mitt Romney'? - YouTube
watch

I don't have any issue with candidates changing positions on issues; however, when you change your position from one day to the next, that is a bit problematic. My biggest beef with Romney is not so much that he flip flopped but that he landed on the wrong side of most of the issues.

I don't have any issue with candidates changing positions on issues; however, when you change your position from one day to the next, that is a bit problematic. My biggest beef with Romney is not so much that he flip flopped but that he landed on the wrong side of most of the issues.
depending on what day of the week it is.............

I agree one can change their opinions on things and should be able to do such, but near daily is a blatant ''ding ding ding ding ding' and sign of the lack of convictions on near any topic or issue of voters concerns?

wishy washy...two faced- blows with the wind and hypocrite comes to mind and certainly NOT someone that can be trusted, let alone be trusted to run this country or be the leader of the free world, in my humble opinion. He's an empty suit.

and his continual flip flopping or as some on the right would label as ''lies'' if it were Obama doing all of that flip flopping doesn't bother you one iota and gives him the good character award and your ''trust'' in him? I guess I'm a little surprised by that foxfyre...?

Constant flip flopping? I haven't seen that. Has he changed positions on some things? Yes he has. Is that because he changed his mind or out of political expediency? I don't know. As I said he is not a saint. He is a man who is putting it all on the line to run for President. You show me ANY politician who has NEVER taken the expedient route and then we can think Romeny is somehow more culpable than any others. One thing that has impressed me, however, is that he cannot be accused of compromising his deepest convictions and that he has changed his positions on things so infrequently.

We have NEVER had a President who has campaigned as one person and then has governed as an entirely different person as we have had in Barack Obama. I cannot trust that.

I do trust Mitt Romney to not do that.

Last edited:

Constant flip flopping? I haven't seen that. Has he changed positions on some things? Yes he has. Is that because he changed his mind or out of political expediency? I don't know. As I said he is not a saint. He is a man who is putting it all on the line to run for President. You show me ANY politician who has NEVER taken the expedient route and then we can think Romeny is somehow more culpable than any others. One thing that has impressed me, however, is that he cannot be accused of compromising his deepest convictions and that he has changed his positions on things so infrequently.

We have NEVER had a President who has campaigned as one person and then has governed as an entirely different person as we have had in Barack Obama. I cannot trust that.

Here he is going from Progressive to Conservative. If you call those "deep convictions" he compromised.

WhichMitt: On Being Conservative... - YouTube

Here he is going from Progressive to Conservative. If you call those "deep convictions" he compromised.

WhichMitt: On Being Conservative... - YouTube

I can post Youtube videos that show Mitt Romney to be salt of the Earth and the greatest thing since sliced bread. Anybody can use selective clips and sound bites taken out of context to create whatever illusion about anybody they want to create.

That's why I don't evaluate a candidate based on edited Youtube clips, especially those put together to attack somebody.

Do you?

" I won't vote for obama precisely because I can trust him. I trust him to do whatever is the most harmful to the people and to the nation."

Then you think he is virtually a traitor and you are obliged to demonstrate your disapproval in the most strenuous civil fashion possible.

Just as millions should do and should have done for Iraq.

Before I get to something more "strenuous" I'm going to vote against him.

Shouldn't the question be "Who do you trust more"??

Not picking on you -- others reframed the question the same way you did. BUT -- there is another choice on the ballot that I trust and intend to vote for. So I don't HAVE to live with choosing between the 2 candidates the media wants to cover.

As far as Romney -- I believe he's honestly in politics to serve.. If he wanted to be RICHER or make more MONEY --- he wouldn't have spent so much with the GOVT and the Olympics.. It's clear (to everyone except Dem party animals) that he's taking a huge pay cut to do this. As opposed to our "community organizer" Dear Leader who's every PROMOTION has come thru public service..

Shouldn't the question be "Who do you trust more"??

Not picking on you -- others reframed the question the same way you did. BUT -- there is another choice on the ballot that I trust and intend to vote for. So I don't HAVE to live with choosing between the 2 candidates the media wants to cover.

As far as Romney -- I believe he's honestly in politics to serve.. If he wanted to be RICHER or make more MONEY --- he wouldn't have spent so much with the GOVT and the Olympics.. It's clear (to everyone except Dem party animals) that he's taking a huge pay cut to do this. As opposed to our "community organizer" Dear Leader who's every PROMOTION has come thru public service..

Good points. If elected, Romney, as is expected/required of those in high office, will keep his investments into a blind trust. He doesn't need the Presidential salary and may or may not accept that. (He didn't accept compensation as Governor of Massachusetts and donated back all of his salary received when working for the U.S. Olympics.) If we know nothing else about Mitt, he has not done what he does for personal gain for quite a while now.

" I won't vote for obama precisely because I can trust him. I trust him to do whatever is the most harmful to the people and to the nation."

Then you think he is virtually a traitor and you are obliged to demonstrate your disapproval in the most strenuous civil fashion possible.

Just as millions should do and should have done for Iraq.

He is planning to. He's planning to vote him out of office.

I don't, but then I'm not gonna vote for him. It's to bad so many simple minded people voted for Mitt during the primaries because they were told he was the only one that can win... Now it looks like he might lose badly.

I voted for Mitt Romney, not because I thought he was the only one who could win but because I thought he was the best running. I've said it before, I think a rock could beat Barack Obama.

and he isnt going to lose, let alone lose badly. He's going to win and I dont think it will be close.

Good points. If elected, Romney, as is expected/required of those in high office, will keep his investments into a blind trust. He doesn't need the Presidential salary and may or may not accept that. (He didn't accept compensation as Governor of Massachusetts and donated back all of his salary received when working for the U.S. Olympics.) If we know nothing else about Mitt, he has not done what he does for personal gain for quite a while now.

Ive heard that he is planning to donate his salary to charity. but i dont know if it's official

Forum List

Back